Patriots acquire Haynesworth

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cakes, Jul 28, 2011.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I guess this is my point, and I'll defer to your knowledge as a Pats fan of their defensive tendencies. But in this generation of me-first athletes, dollar signs tend to control. Asshats like Haynesworth play when they're looking for a new contract (not sure what his contract will be for the Pats), but at the end of the day he's still an asshole.

You'll disagree with me on this I'm sure, but I think Bellicheats reputation of putting "bad boys" in check is overblown. Dillon was never an asshole with the Bengals. He was always a good player, he just hated playing on a shitty team (who wouldn't), and he said it. But he wasn't an ass like people in hindsight have portrayed him. And Randy's entire career has been him shifting from hot to cold in a cyclic pattern. I don't think the coach affects Randy, I think he affects himself. So Hayneworth, who's been a dick his entire career, I just don't see him changing for the Pats, unless he is going to be a free agent the following year.

And as for the D question, like I said, I'm not sure how often you guys run different formations, but someone observed he'd play DE in the 3-4, and I think THAT is where his asshole colors will show, because he is such a petulent fucking child that I can see him saying "put me on the field ONLY when you run 4-3" which, you're right, for what they gave up I guess is good.

What are his numbers? Are they going to have to pay him a shitload thanks to Snyderbrenner?

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

If he was expecting a trade before the lockout started he could be, if he wasnt..hell no.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

They had to do something to improve that defense. Might be a good move, might not. There is little risk though..........

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Due something like 5 million this year that isn't guarunteed money because he skipped minicamps last year. So it's basically a 5th rounder 2 years from now and no salary commitment. He also has to pass his physical for the deal to go down i'm hearing, just because a trade is reported doesn't make it official, nothing done til friday that goes on record as proven by Brandon Stokley agreeing to go to WAS then backing out to go to Seattle because WAS was bringing in too many WR's.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

There is risk to this, but it's a risk worth taking for the Pats. If he plays well, he, Wilfork and Warren can do some damage.

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I agree with you in that Albert will bring a new low to this team in terms of work ethic and personal responsibilty. However, I don't think that B.B. is really the difference maker in question. It is team leadership as a whole.

The redskins basically mortgaged their whole franchise to bring him there, which left him knowing that he had the power to bully everyone around once he got there. He should know that if he brings that attitude to NE, he will be outbullied in seconds by Wilfork, Warren, Crumpler, Mankins, etc. and that Pats management will not hesitate to get rid of him.

As far as I can tell, the guy has never taken responsibility for himself in any facet of his life, so I am not sure how this will work out. The only reason this trade is worth it is because we have so little invested.

Also, I have heard that his complaints about the 3-4 were actually more focused towards playing nose (where he was basically occupying space rather than generating pressure). IDK if this is accurate, but if so it could bode well for him being involved in our schemes (since we obviously have Wilfork).

7. Phokus

Phokus New Member

FYI, the Pats played with 4 down linemen something like 60% of the time last season. I could see them upping that even more if Haynesworth is in shape/motivated.

8. 624

624 Banned

Good move for the Pats, it could be a huge reward.

If the Jets acquired Haynesworth we would be hearing "another thug goes to the Jets"...but with the Patriots, nothing.

9. 73klecko

73klecko Member

I think you are spot on. It's bittersweet when your team acquires a low life like this but what are you gonna do, not stick with them? This is what I fear about acquiring Moss.

I think this is a great pick up for the Pats. Kind of speaks to Brace being a bust though, no?

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Shit, I forgot about Brace. I thought he's be a superstar. But if what GoPats said is true, then Brace still fits as nose and Haynesworth plays end. Who knows.

11. gopats88

gopats88 Member

not really, if this year is anything like last season we need about 15 different DL who can start, lol

More realistically, I think that AH is seen as an immediate and drastic upgrade to our pass rush. The coaching staff might still have confidence in Brace to fill an eventual starting role, but Haynesworth definitely has more potential for immediate domination.

Or it could reflect hesitation in Ty Warren's immediate return as a starter. IDK, there are a million different ??? and possibilities, but as far I'm concerned more big guys can't be a bad thing after last year's disaster at DL.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's the complete opposite. Since the Patriots signed him it's because Belichick is a genius and it's a steal and he will reform him into a saint and he will be an all-pro again and he will fuck Brady in the ass.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

So today we can equate a Patriots 5th round pick = Ham sandwich.

Yummmm.....

14. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

hopefully he is a cancer in the lockeroom

15. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

fuck the pats

#55 JetRizing89, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Possibly, but Moss and Dillon were both cancer's and Belichik got planty out of both.

Haynesworth played well for Fischer because they played to his strengths. The Redskins stuck him at NT. You don't think Belichik hasn't already talked to Albert and given him the scenario for how they're gonna use him. He will be a pass rusher for the Pats.

That said, he is a scumbag and the move could blow up on the Pats, but I've been drinking the Belichik kool-aid for awhile and think he'll be a monster for them.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The skins stuck him at NT. The pats will use him at end in bith 3-4 and 4-3 situations, and likely not every down.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He won't mess that locker room. The Skins had no leadership in the room. The Pats have plenty. If he is a big problem he'll be gone quick. His guaranteed money has all been payed by the skins.

My guess is Belichik probably has him all fired up already showig him ways he's going to use him to get to the QB.

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This move is genius! Albert Haynesworth doesn't want to play in a 3-4 but that won't matter because Bill Belichick is the Patriots head coach! And you know who's their QB?! Tom Brady! I know he plays offense and has nothing to do with the defensive line but his wife is Giselle fucking Bundchen! Super Bowl! Super Bowl! Super Bowl!

/troll

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not really, though he could still prove to be one. The Pats only have 6 DL under contract I believe (Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Pryor, Brace, Deaderick) and they cut Stroud, and they do alot of situational substitutions. Wilfork doen't play every down and I expect Albert won't either (and I'm not referring to when he's on the field hopefully..)

#60 CJLang, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011