Path to the draft/ nfl netwotk

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 4, 2012.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The NFL is such a rich organization and brand though, why try and argue for more money when they are making more and more by the minute?

NFL has been trying to expand its boundaries towards trying to get everything NFL out to other countries like London/Canada/Mexico(Back then)....you'd think they would try and get their channel in more households.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I doubt all 3 of those things that Schein said. I watched it and was shaking my head the whole time.

I despise people using the can't miss phrase pretty much ever, and Upshaw certainly isn't worthy of that tag in any way. No brainer? A no brainer would be Trent Richardson. And frankly the #1 guy on our board, should be gone by 16. he might be the #1 realistic target, but not #1 overall on the board.

As for Barron as our second realistic target, I hope not.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Steelers at 24. That's where I think Hightower is most likely to go. Somebody might reach for him before that but it'd be a reach. If the Jets traded down from 16 then I think they can grab him at 23 and still get value.

4. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

Thanks for the update, sounds like everything we were expecting to hear. At this point in the pre draft process, it feels as if everything becomes the same.
    Im thinking trading down to before the Steelers, and then selecting Hightower would be the ultimate value for this team. Someone who can play olb and ilb and be Scott's replacement, and we should get an additional second rounder.