Pat Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Jan 1, 2021.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Spot on about college coaches understanding “culture” better than pro coaches. Rhule and Kingsbury have done just that and I’m sure there are other recent examples I’m forgetting. I have reservations about hiring a coach with no pro experience but as the seasons pass, the less and less taboo it becomes. If Fitzgerald were the guy, I’d be a fan as long as his staff is solid.

2. Well hes more of a CEO type as it is so it may just depend on who he brings in to run his O

But they maybe ground & pound out of neccesity also .Hard to get top flight skill for a high octane passing attack w NW academics, recruiting against other Big 10 schools.

Brook! likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

My big question, and I think the most important question, is "Are his systems flexible, i.e., does he build the system around the talents of his QB, and/or does he adapt the system to the talents of the other players, or does he try to force players into "his" system?" If the answer is no, then I have zero interest in him and hope that he isn't the hire. I don't give a darn how successful he has been, how close he is to JD, or how much of a culture changer he is. If he's going to try to force the players we have to fit his system (square pegs into round holes), then it will be a huge mistake and more of the same that we've had, and we might as well just keep Gase.