Packers show the world how to beat the Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Deathstroke, Dec 20, 2010.

1. patsfaninpittsburgh

Run,run,run........

Ahhhh

1 Spikes was out serving his suspension. He will be back for the playoff. That solves 75% of "run,run,run....."

2. The Pats were down to three lineman. "Run,run,run....." will not work against their normal rotation.

3. If the Jets can bring the Packers defense, then where was it?

4. Anyone who thinks that game was officiated in favor of the Pats is either delusionally retarded or a fan of............

5. Turnovers and special teams are inherent to the game. Absent those plays, the offense sees the field more. This equals rythm and time off the clock. Reality only operates in a vacuum if you you are a fan of.......

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We already knew how to beat Brady, our team just had one huge collective Brain fart that horrible Monday night.

3. pittsburghpats

pittsburghpats New Member

Yup 45-3 is a "brain fart".

I will admit, you are amusing.

Jets and Steelers, teams with a common thread. The common bond of suffering complete beatdowns by the Patriots.

4. MadBacker Prime

-"You'll get yours"-

[​IMG]

5. PatriotWarrior

This was the reason that the run defense was weaker. Still a shitty pass defense mind you, but a better run defense with Spikes in.

6. MadBacker Prime

Just tied the series at 1-1 BTW, we WON 28-14!!

1 of only 2 losses-

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

There are really only two ways to beat the Patriots:

1) Keep their offense off the field

2) Beat them in a shootout

8. MadBacker Prime

Their shitty defense is bound to get exposed further, I'd say the first playoff game.

Disclaimer:

Yes Pats fans I know we scored 3 on you in our second game.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I think it's pretty clear what the Pats try to do.

1. Cover 2 shell on almost every play. Never give up any type of big play on offense so the other team has to go 10+ plays to score. Assume the opposition will either turn the ball over, have some penalty that will destroy the drive or:

2. Always force field goals in the red zone. Seems to me that this after never letting anyone get behind you is the 2nd major goal of the Pats defense. You can move the ball up and down the field but they will do everything they can in the red zone to not let you score a TD.

3. Minimize penalties and turnovers. I thought this game was actually called fairly against the Pats but most week it seems like they get away with anything they want.

If they are able to do these three things well your pretty much screwed because you won't have any extra possessions and those 4 or 5 long drives will produce 19 points rather then 30 points.

Brady with that passing system and a bunch of really solid receivers that he makes look like pro bowlers is extremely difficult to stop. Hernandez and Gronkowski are matchup nightmares in man to man and playing zone against Brady is just a bad idea. You have to expect he's going to score at a minimum 25-30 points. The Packers defense did a great job against them and if it wasn't for the interception and the OL kick return the Pats would have probably lost.

The Packers showed that if you can get pressure with your front 4 and then play solid man to man you can at least slow down their offense. The Jets are going to have find a true pass rusher this off season.

10. pittsburghpats

Yup

Good point.

If there is any fanbase that understands having a *&^%# defense exposed, it's the Jest fanbase.

I will say, it is admirable how very little it takes to get the ole "swagger" back on ganggreen.

11. MadBacker Prime

GO back through my posts, I never lost it. I really do expect you to get bounced out in your first game, I can only hope it's us.

12. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Here's how Pats fans look at stats:

The Patriots have never lost a playoff game in the regular season! Yay Tommy!

13. :rofl2:

He's undefeated in games where the Pats have outscored their opponents.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lets not talk about fluke special teams play when we scored a st td yesterday and won by 5.

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Huge difference between brad smith running one back and an offensive lineman running one to the 4 yard line. That was an NFL record

16. pittsburghpats

No doubt

:rofl2:

Since they are actually WORTH reviewing, you obviously need to review my posts on the Jest/Steelers pre-game threads.

Considering the format, it's not a major accomplishment, but my analysis was the most relavent, insightful, and correct for Sunday's game.

Swagger is zero substitute for IQ.

17. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

This...

... is an excellent post/analysis.

The major difference between last night and the NE-NY game two weeks ago was that the Packers never had to play catch-up. A huge part of what NE is predicated on playing with the advantage of a lead. It doesn't have to be 20 points, just a two-possession lead of some kind. If they get you in that hole, they stick their foot on your throat and don't let you up.

Some pretty simple tenets behind this:

1. Score on as many possessions as possible. (Captain Obvious, I know.) And if you don't score, at least eat up clock.

2. Don't make mistakes that make you lose. Penalties and turnovers decide games. Don't let those be your penalties or turnovers.

18. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Fixed it for you.

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Yeah, I have confidence that we can do a much better job of stopping the run when we have Warren, Brace, and Wright all back (which I would imagine will be next week) and Spikes as well (Postseason).

As far as pass defense, Arrington is starting to worry me more and more (despite his INT TD), it seems like he is the one getting picked on every time an offense has success.

Also remember that uncharacteristic penalties sustained drives for GB and put them right into our RZ on two occasions, which cost us as much as 14 points, and another wiped away a turnover which would have avoided all of the late drama in the game.

It was a very ugly performance, but I really don't see any reason why we won't play better every other game.

20. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

FYP

filler