Our offense/schottenheimer sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"Give me a break, maybe its just the same old jets FANS that are the problem."

If only they paid us millions of dollars to suck, bitch and moan we would be the problem.

2. Jets-jets-jets

Jets-jets-jets New Member

"One game against a Super Bowl Contender"....We are supposed to be a super bowl contender.....It's our team that keeps talking as if they are the Super Bowl contenders. If we plan to be an 8-8 team, then sure, I agree.....But this is supposed to be a contender, and we have a bunch more games against other contenders.....Nothing fairweather about it.....We'll be here cheering again next week. But you are way too optimistic if you are not troubled by what you saw tonight

3. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

WTF? LT had a pretty decent game. Sure as hell better than Greene. Did Greene even want to play tonight? Didn't look like it.

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

This offense is made out of paper!

5. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

:metal: X 1,000,000

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

To have the kind of field position we had several times tonight, with the defense causing turnovers and giving us multiple opportunities....all I could say is atrocious!

Sanchez really scares me. He looks lost in the pocket. Literally I get the sense that he can't read defenses and has no confidence when he drops back.

I hope it's the Ravens D as some here say but I think his problems are deeper than that. I really hope I'm wrong.

7. zombo

zombo Member

greene needs to earn his way back on the field. he looked like joe mcknight out there.

8. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Pessimists? Did you watch what went down tonight? That wasn't even a JV football team out there. I am absolutely concerned. If you're not, you are delusional. If that is being "fairweather" than so be it.

9. Jets-jets-jets

You are so right. It's not like they were stuck inside their own 30 all night.....They were given GOLDEN opportunities and absolutely choked it away. I think all the picks last year have Sanchez's head all messed up....He's playing afraid...You could see it during Hard Knocks.....I know Brett drove people crazy, but at least he fucking went for it. At least he didn't strike out and lose the game with his bat on his shoulders

10. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

I've been saying Shotty has to go for some time now. They should have put in Brad Smith or Brunell for the last drive or so. This offense needed a spark. And the whole Jenx thing, I'm so upset.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You are not doing a young QB any favors by running up the middle on every single 1st down. The Ravens loaded the box and was giving our WRs 10 yard cushions on 1st down. By running right into the teeth of the defense on 1st down we played right into their hands. This kept putting us behind on downs. That's too much pressure on Sanchez and the offense to convert on 3rd downs.

12. original z-man

original z-man New Member

Is it me , or did shonn Greene QUIT in the 3rd qtr. Right before he dropped that pass that hit BOTH of his hands, the TV camera zoomed in on his face, and he had the look of " I don't want nothin' to do with this shit."

13. grayburn

grayburn Member

So a jv team without an offense almost beat the Ravens? Wow, now that's a great jv team.

All I'm saying is that it is week one, if every season is decided in week one, then so be it, I'm wrong. I am concerned as all hell, but calling for Schotty's head on a platter with a side of fried Sanchez seems a bit irrational.

14. Jets-jets-jets

One good thing......We were so fucking awful, the bullseye may have been replaced by the clown costume

15. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Mark Sanchez just looks lost and showed no progress at all. Always checkin down even in the 2 min drive! We just gotta take shots down the field more. I hope Sanchez works out hes a good guy and always trying to improve. But im starting to lose a tiny bit of faith in him.

16. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

ESPN blew it tonight by not showing us shots of the Jet receivers running their routes. Was anyone open down the field? We should probably know that before we kill Sanchez.

17. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

This offense has no ballz!

18. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

funny i was thinking the same exact shit.

19. Jets-jets-jets

I'm going to say what 7 women should have said: "Cromartie, keep your hands to yourself"

20. Mr. Papagiorgio

There was a lot of bad offense being played in the NFL during Week 1. Unfortunately, we were one of the worst. It looks like Sanchez is still going to take awhile to develop.