OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think its funny though, this guy got cut for a little weed. Rodgers basically runs the team and he gets fucked up on harder drugs all the time. Jets drawing the line here with Tae Hayes!

barfolomew likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He got arrested because he was stopped at 4am and they found marijuana in his car. Period. Has zero to do what people are taking and not taking. Otherwise half the league would be cut.

barfolomew and NOVAJET like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

I was referring to the Jets not the authorities. Of course the Alabama police arrested him for weed, they love doing that there, but the Jets didn’t have to cut him… they chose to

#327 BrowningNagle, Jun 26, 2024 at 1:30 PM
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 1:48 PM
    barfolomew and Jets OG fan like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is the first I heard he was in his car tho I supposed that myself.

Some of us sometimes carry weed around but most people store it in such a way that even if they got stopped, no odor would emanate etc--like putting it in a baggie, inside of a canister etc. The only way to get busted would be if they had a dog.

I get the feeling the cop smelled it in the car, probably from actually smoking, and thats so stupid you get cut. If it was due to a dog, thats just really bad luck but because he's black, maybe the cops brought in a dog. Any further info you can provide would be interesting to me.

nycarl likes this.
  9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Absolutely asinine. It's recreationally legal where they play. Jets shouldn't have cut him for that.

NCJetsfan and JetFanInPA like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If the whole story is he got arrested for possessing weed and the Jets cut him for that, it's absolutely ridiculous - either or both parts of it. What a terrible way for somebody's career to get derailed and to get an arrest record.

He wasn't making the 53-man roster, but he definitely was a practice squad candidate. I remember him making some plays in that big win against the Eagles last year when they were down CBs

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that it's ridiculous that he got cut for that.

What I don't understand is a professional athlete being out carousing until 4:00 am. I'm no prude, and I'm a night owl. I have been up all night several times in my life, and up to 2, 3, 4, 5, but at home. I see nothing to be gained by being out that late at night. Especially in a place like Alabama, it's going to draw the attention of the police or perhaps those who are up to no good. Many of the players who have gotten into trouble with the law over the last year or so were out that late and drinking and driving or doing drugs and driving. It's just asking for trouble. They can party at home or at someone else's home and spend the night. I think the point can also be made that a professional athlete should be taking better care of his body, getting proper rest, and not being out carousing half the night. IMO that's just not smart. I'm not sure that it's smart for average Joes like us, but certainly not for professional athletes who can become targets.

#331 NCJetsfan, Jun 26, 2024 at 3:05 PM
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 11:58 AM
    nycarl likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Doing drugs and being out late drinking is fun…

13. BrowningNagle

If Hayes was driving while impaired he would be charged with that. But it he wasn't charged with that. So it appears he wasn't driving while under the influence.

IDFjet likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Something does not smell right. There has to be more to this story. Unclear why they cut him on a pending violation.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are people really sweatingr cutting a guy that has been on 11 teams (including the Birmingham Stallions) in the past 5 years? Chances are he played the one dumbass card that gamble players like him get.

stinkyB and Acad23 like this.
  16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Seriously…like so much talk over not much

Guy got caught with drugs where he shouldn’t have had them. Period. Be smarter. Here in CA, weed is legal so may be different here, but at least have the intelligence to know where you are and what you’re doing.

As for getting cut…he’s a fringe player. Teams don’t need the headache for a fringe player. They can find ten other guys like that who don’t bring problems. Now if you’re a star player, then you get a different treatment. We can be pretty sure that if it was AR getting caught the same way, he wouldn’t have been cut. I’m sure we’d hear the story about “letting the legal process play out” or something like that.

It is what it is. Being treated fairly doesn’t necessarily mean equally across the board. Stars get more leeway because they bring more to the table. That’s life.

So to me, this whole thing is a non story … a fringe player gets busted for drugs (regardless of how we may feel about weed) and said fringe player gets cut. Not a shocker

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Carousing"? What does that entail and who said he was doing it? I'm amazed that any adult believes the standards they set for themselves should somehow be benchmarked for everyone - that's pretty damned arrogant.

Jets OG fan and dawinner127 like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C'mon @Ralebird ... you never caroused around? :p

[​IMG]

#338 Acad23, Jun 27, 2024 at 12:32 AM
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 12:43 AM
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I was, but the way it's described in the post I responded to it just sounds...so wrong. I mean, why would a self-described night owl criticize people for being out late?

You go to your church, I'll go to mine.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I like this quip--I think I'll adopt it.

mezzavo and barfolomew like this.