OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Good point--if he played in a simple 4-3 or 3-4 he may not be the player we see now flying around the field. MC2 may be another example of a guy playing over his head due to his role within the defensive organization.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Right but if we are to believe SI insider Albert Breer, who strongly tipped that Rodgers left the team to take some drugs somewhere, then Saleh can't say it was excused... right?

I mean you really want the HC giving out excused absences so his players can go get high??

---
    sometimes I feel like we are living in crazy town with this Rodgers fiasco

Since1969 and barfolomew like this.
  3. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he scheduled his vacation before the minicamp schedule even came out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I agree, but if Saleh answered questions like Billicheat, they'd bitch and complain about the head coach not saying anything important and indict him over it, just like they are doing now.

LAJet and barfolomew like this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't think the actual reason for the absence is relevant unless its an obvious family crisis or something. IDK if you are anti-drug or something that makes that excuse particularly damning.

nycarl likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

I think it means a lot what he decided to do instead of making his obligation to the team. How much of a fool would Saleh look like if he knew Rodgers intended to get high, let him go excused and then it shows up on the news the next day. A leader of men stands his ground at the very least by saying its unexcused.

Because it is clearly NOT a family crisis, otherwise Saleh would've said that. Saleh said it was an "event" that was "important to him (Rodgers)."

Albert Breer who is often breaking stories like journalists are paid to do said about that event to "open your minds", which is a drug reference.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He absolutely can't say that it's excused. That would literally mean that every "mandatory" minicamp that the Jets have in whatever is left of the Saleh/Douglas era is no longer in any way "mandatory". If they excused a leave of absence to go do drugs somewhere, then just about every other excuse a player could come up with for not attending would have to be excused in the future.

This whole thing is a joke. Guy has taken 3 snaps for this team. Hasn't completed a pass. Thankfully we're only about 200 days until it's over and this franchise can move forward and begin rebuilding again.

mezzavo likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

I think so too, I dont see this season going well and I look forward to a real rebuild

mezzavo likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I have another rebuild in me... :confused:

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They've been "rebuilding" for over a decade..... win some fucking games

mattyd99 likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We'll see how things shake out with Rodgers, but he may not give the Jets a choice if he retires with that contract.

12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They've been rebuilding for over 50 years.

nycarl and Since1969 like this.
  13. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

He sure did put in all the work in his grueling rehab. If he retired after tearing his achillis heel nobody would have blamed him for it. Obviously he didn't miss one day of rehab and OTAs.

We now have the best QB since Namath with a offense that can be really good as long as the OL doesn't get decimated by injuries again. Who would care about two days of missed camp when he is there for the rest of training camp and the preseason and we make the playoffs. And who knows how far we go in the playoffs.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Also, the Jets could have moved the mini-camp a week earlier, but they didn't because they feared that most players would have taken off the second week of OTAs.

#274 NCJetsfan, Jun 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Jets pessimism is a real thing.

Good Lord you guys it's June and the season is over?

Sent from my genius mind.

NCJetsfan and dawinner127 like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Since departing, the 2015-2018 coach has won his (albeit soft) division back to back years, the second time with Baker Mayfield. Except for the Gase abomination, the front office has been the real problem here.

17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

No, they didn’t move it up because you don’t change everyone else’s schedule because of one man. Mandatory workouts are in June every year, it’s on Rodgers for acting like the schedule doesn’t apply to him and not scheduling a vacation in May, when workouts are optional

Ralebird likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are spot on. That is NY media for you.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I read the specific reason why the Jets didn't change mini-camp, and that's what I posted. It had nothing to do with not changing everyone else's schedule. The article didn't say specifically, but it sounded like the Jets had not announced the date for the mini-camp yet when Rodgers let them know of when he would be gone. Yes, the mandatory workouts are in June, but it's flexible when in June they happen. I agree that Rodgers shouldn't have planned his vacation in June, or at least until he knew when mini-camp would be, but the Jets also may be to blame for not letting the players know when mini-camp would be early enough. Rodgers was there for the full OTAs when he didn't have to be. He could have taken his vacation then. I'm glad that he was there for 2 weeks of practices rather than 2 days. This whole furor over this is absurd imo. It's a non-issue. Rodgers agreed with the fine and all is good.

nycarl, barfolomew and LAJet like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

Rodgers wasn't going to go to minicamp whether it was in May, June, or July.

Rodgers is the same guy who skipped Green Bay's minicamp for a Hawaiian vacation. What a terrible coincidence that his vacations always fall during team obligations. oh wait

barfolomew and Since1969 like this.