Optimism running a little out of control

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

if the jets can figure out how to get some solid production out of the run game i think they have a chance to win against the saints. buffalo showed the saints can be contained. buffalo wasn't able to keep the defense up for the entire game, but they weren't able to against the pats either and we did. by no means do i think the jets should win on sunday, but i do expect a respectable performance in which they have a chance to win. give the jets a lucky break or two and maybe they pull out another close one.

2. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I took a bunch of crap for this post, so let's go back and see how my points panned out:

1) Texans - So-so team. Pats - Started shaky, but looking much better now. Titans (who we played right after I posted this) - Not good.

2) This week was where we would see how we deal with adversity (remember Ryan called it a must win), and responded with an utter befuddled collapse.

3) Started 3-0, now 3-3....'nuff said.

4) Sanchez is getting exposed, by defenses. They are identifying his tendencies and he is looking like a rookie.

I sure wish I was wrong, but it doesn't look like it. My guess is we will improve and look better than we did this week, but just remember not to get too carried away if we go on another mini-run (same goes for everyone who thinks Armageddon is upon us).

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I am not as much of a darksider as you, SOJ, but I was pilloried last year for calling for a halt to the Superbowl talk after the Pats* win. On the other hand, like a fool, I believed that this team would turn it around against the Bills.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, I see how you are 'enjoying the ride'. Whatever. This bump reeks more of wanting to be right about SOJs than anything else.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ill give you credit for seeing some of the weaknesses and not being blinded by a little bit of success. although you didnt really point out any weaknesses :)

people were way too high after the 2nd and 3rd week. they obviously dont understand football and how things work, the best point you brought up was about people now having film on sancheese, they have exposed him to a certain extent and we will have to see how he responds. rarely does anyone in this league go through a full year and not look bad... sure they might win but there are always a couple of ugly ones in there.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Congratulations?