Once Again, the Problem Is That There Are So Many Problems

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Sep 24, 2023.

1. TheAustrian

TheAustrian Member

and at the end of the drive it only was a Td because of a Bad Call in Jets favor. Should have been 3 points

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well when asked abut ZW status, the HC's post game comments were, get ready: He, gives them the best chance to win. I mean he even said it with a strait face.... And then mumbled that everyone needs to be better.... LOL. No coach just your shitty QB and now the pressure builds ...and the seat is getting warmer...

really coach, the offense entered halftime with only 39 total yards. 39. ZW completed only half of his 36 attempts for 157 yards, giving him 327 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions in the last two weeks. Wow thats improvement....

TheAustrian likes this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Remember how our coaches said all week how Ruckert and Hardman needed to play more? They played a combined 3 snaps today. But yeah, the coaches should share ZERO of the blame. OK!

4. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

I have a hard time reading when someone writes "Again, I'm not saying Zach is good, he sucks. But". I can't imagine writing those words.

GoldenShowers and TheAustrian like this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

can’t wait for someone to come in and tell us this isn’t true. Anyone with two eyeballs could see this and it didn’t take this long either. Yet we have a HC and GM who won’t do anything to improve the QB room with options out there. So they don’t want to say that their number 2 pick is a bum. Yup we are still the same old jets sadly

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I have a hard time conversing with someone whose brain can't fathom that two things can be bad simultaneously.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

There are Problems and then there are problems. The correct procedure is to fix the main Problem and it just might happen that the other problems will go away or be greatly diminished. The main problem is QB. I’m not saying Zach can’t be a good pro QB at some point, but he is not at the same skill level as the rest of the team (yet) and that’s the main Problem. Fix QB and the Oline will get better, the D will get better, the O will get better. As for coaching, I’m not sold on a coach who week after week can’t see the Problem when it’s staring him in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and papapump like this.
  8. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

Hmm.....yesss you've hit on it. Like your analysis of the game of football, your intellectual prowess is on display.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, this is what needs to happen. They're not going to fire Douglas or Saleh at this point, nor Hackett (although they should strongly consider firing him). So what else can you reasonably do? Find another QB and sit Zach for at least a few games if not the season. He's simply not ready - and he may never be. His inability to convert 3rd down plays is a major indicator of this; his slow processing leading to closed windows and mis-timed passes is another.

Yes, objectively he's made improvement, but it's not sufficient to qualify him as the starter. Maybe he can continue to improve and at some point in the future return and be a decent starter, or at least a solid back up, but right now the Jets need more than he can obviously give. The greater odds are that he simply becomes yet another failed Jet QB.

Now having declared him a bust, watch him go out and prove me wrong. LOL! If he does that, I'll happily admit I was.

SOJAZ and westiedog1 like this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You have to know what to look for....

Acad23 likes this.
  11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Good news is we get a "get right game" up next against ........ Kansas City.

Ouch.

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

1). No QB
    2). Awful O-line (should build the O-line before looking for a QB)
    3). Hackett is just like his dad... can't hack it.
    4). Pass rush? What's that? All those first round draft picks spent on the D-line and they still can't pressure.

wewantsapp, SOJAZ and Brook! like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This loss was 70% on Zach, 25% on Douglas for not replacing Zach, and 5% on Saleh for not giving Boyle a shot because even though Boyle is almost Peterman bad, he's not Zach.

Pepsiguy5 and Borat like this.
  14. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

He has not objectively improved. He has a worse passer rating and TD-INT ratio this season than he did the prior two. This improvement myth needs to be put to bed.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya just like the year we got Wilson, this franchise can't even lose right, and that's what it been doing for 50yrs

ouchy and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Any top college QB in his right mind would outright refuse to play here.

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You can't be serious about Wilson, not ready, he's never going to be ready, he's arguably the biggest bust in franchise history, this franchise needs to be banned for participating in the NFL, for making a mockery of professional sports

SackRecord99 and TheAustrian like this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He's easily attained that status at this point, I would have to think. The argument now should shift to where he stands with Leaf, Russell, and the rest of the all-time busts for the entire league.

19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen, he is right there with Leaf, Russel, Rosen, Akili Smith…all those guys. Some of those dudes were douchebags and bad teammates, and Zach may not be there like those guys, but from a strictly on the field metric, he’s right there. His stats are comparable and often worse, his winning % is in those ballparks…literally he’s done nothing to show otherwise.

Now the count is what, 25 games? Still we hear excuses…I’m sure they will keep coming, but the truth is our OL was not terrible today…plenty of throws were there to be made if only he could see the fucking field…the OC is no great shakes but the thing to take away from that is that our coaches see him close up every single day, and they know enough to say we can’t let him throw the fucking ball.

Not rocket science

If he were on any other team I don’t think anyone here would be calling him anything other than a bust…but hey, we’re the Jets so he’ll get like 10 more games to show us how much he’s “improved”

SOJAZ, Nyjets4eva and westiedog1 like this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THIS! The rookie season he obviously gets a pass but it's been evident as hell since day one

Nyjets4eva likes this.