OMG...Sanchez REALLY sucks!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Oct 18, 2009.

1. perfectpackage99

rookie

rookie or not that was the ugliest performance I have seen in a long time.

2. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This is about the best way to put it. I won't say that he sucks, because I don't believe that he does. In fact, I think he's a very good QB who is just very inexperienced, and is a little shellshocked.

They all have games like this. Only time will tell if this is the exception or not.

3. portfan

portfan New Member

Sanchez need to earn his contract.

Agree, he may be rookie but he wanted to be here, loves the big time and now it's time to play like you are in the big time. He looked lost last week and today was an accident waiting to happen and unfortunately it did. Also, Ryan looked more like a deer in the headlights (Mangini) today than the a guy in charge.

Sanchez never played in weather like this, what die he thing the East Coast was like in October and beyond. Hey Sanchez watch a replay of Brady in the wind, cold and snow in New England now that's a QB, wake up or move West.

4. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

It would be good to remember that this was only the 6th NFL start for Sanchez

Do you want to go look up how many INTERCEPTIONS Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf threw in their rookie year?

5. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

So lard-ass thought about pulling Sanchez. It's probably the right move because it would have killed his development, especially in front of the home crowd. One more game like this and his ass will meet the sideline bench by halftime.

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

He was Mark "5th pick" Sanchez in more ways than one today.

... yeah, that was pretty brutal.

7. Trifco

Trifco New Member

He's getting worse week by week??? are you serious???

I agree this is his worst game so far, I agree that against NO was bad... but against Miami I think he played a lot better, maybe the best game he has played yet.
    So 3 good games, one bad, one good, one awful is not "getting worse week by week", it's just inconsistency, which is what you should expect from a rookie player; I expect more good games and more bad games, that's only natural.

And the rookie "excuse" is perfectly valid because... he's still a rookie. Fact, not opinion.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Until Sanchez learns he can't lock onto recievers in the NFL he's going to have alot of picks.

9. NY Sack Exchange7

NY Sack Exchange7 New Member

Yup! and thats why I started the thred about the weather a few days ago as Rookie sucks in it as he isnt used to it. But......... why not STILL run the ball after the 5th. pick? ARGH!!!

10. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Who cares how often a guy is on this site or not? A good point is a good point. Maybe he's not on here as much as YOU because he has a LIFE! :)

11. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

Peyton Manning threw 28 INT's in his rookie year, and Ryan Leaf threw 15 INT's also in the same rookie year

Sanchez is a rookie, you have to remember that

12. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Hey, I was the very first QB in this franchises history, so get off my non athletic ass! :)

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Henne did nothing as a rookie

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Manning played on a very bad team as a rookie and still threw 26 touchdowns. It wasn't as if Manning had a discouraging rookie season. Better examples would be Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman. Those guys had massive issues as rookies.

15. portfan

portfan New Member

Going to try again, not sure where last post disappeared. 40 yr season tix holder, don't comment all the time but when the results are as dismal as today requires a comment. Rex needs to be the Head Coach, not just the Defensive coordinator, especially since defense can't get to QB. Also, QB needs to realize he signed with an East Coast team that plays in bad weather and stop complaining about it and just play the game.

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

He's a rookie who I still believe will be at worst a top 10 QB in this league for a longtime. Last years Matt Ryan and Shane Falco were the exceptions not the rule he was a rookie college QB last year and a rookie in the NFL this year. If you thought there would be only minor setbacks in a row your expectations were crazy high.

So how about that Brett Favre...

17. mash84

mash84 Member

I agree about the coaching. Rex probably put too much trust in Schotty and gave him full control. From what I saw in the press conference (NFL Network), I thought Sanchez was pretty stand up. I never saw him make excuses for the picks and he denied the weather being a factor in his poor play. He said that he can't blame the weather on making the wrong reads.

18. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

The picks don't bother me, what I find most concerning is how long he holds the ball. Don't we have any quick slants or short timming patterns where he gets rid of the ball quickly. It seams to take him so long to get through his optoins and he is only using three of them--halfback out of the backfield--Edwards --and Keller. At this point we are making it pretty easy for teams to prepare for us on defense.

19. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Listen Guys,

The Jets may have rushed this kid in to service, he did look great those first few games, but now there is film on him and defenses have found his weakness. I guess when your paying someone 50 million dollars you want your retun on the investment as soon a possiable.

Yet, with each passing game he is getting the deer in the headlights look more and more. An if you see him on the sidelines looking shell shocked and almost disinterested in the game, it's scary.

I know many of you don't want to hear this, but, maybe it's time to sit this kid for a while and play Clemens. Now don't get me wrong I really believe the kid has a strong future, but putting him thru this week after week with regession rather then progression may ruin it.

20. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

And where were you when Clemens had a very poor OL; injured receivers and no experience and still won sevral games? Only to have biased Jets fans dump all over him. If you can make excuses for Mark, you should have been able to make one for Clemens.