OL Ranked 11th at Rotoworld

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MarionBarber31, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Since Oline your speciality tell me how Dbrickshaw Ferguson has displayed the talent and ability to be a top five pass protector. GO ahead and tell me how he shutout those top pass rushers by himself. You and I both knows thats a lie.
    You want me to break it down for you what they did- But since your the oline expert this shouldn't be a problem.

Again you can come down with all the Dbrickshaw Ferguson excuses you want. What will it be this year without A Clarke.

Alan Faneca is not in his prime. You or your father can think his pass blocking still there.
    IT isn't and the Steelers have one of ther best track records knowing when to get rid of their players. There is no doubt that Faneca should be a big tyime addition in the running game

N Mangoild there really isn'y anything you can say. The guy is one of the best centers in the game. ( wow I must be trying to put him down to because OF jake Grove failure too)

Your Opinion is Jets left side will be solid in pass protection. I don't agree with you. Jets are solid on left side, and I will give you Props for being right.

#41 Raiderjoe, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Kurt the stat the mentally challenged fella (raider joe ) is using, is bullshit. I know of at least 4-5 sacks attributed to Ferguson where the DE stunted to Clark, went through that gaping hole and got a sack and it was on Brick because it was his original assignment. F- that stat.

Then again what is the stat for a #1 overall pick that is so incompetent at LT they have to move him to G so he can improve to mediocre?

3. Better yet...other than an overplayed stat regarding Brick's # of sacks given up..why don't YOU give me reason as to why Brick is such an NFL failure. I mean he's started 32 straight games at the left tackle position including for a 10-6 playoff team...but so what? He's complete utter garbage and an absolute bust. I'd just love to hear all you have to say about his lack of overall ability. Tell me why he doesnt have the physical skills to pass protect..why he lacks proper technique and where all the scouts went wrong in his pre-draft evaluation.Tell me why he wont develop anymore than his current performance level. You're such an expert on this..break it down for me.I've already given examples of Brick's ability. He's shut down Jason Taylor, Jevon Kearse, Terell Suggs...and he couldnt have POSSIBLY have gotten help..b/c the numbskull next to him named Adrien clarke, and his paired tackle Anthony Clement were getting all the help. Go head..watch the film of brick against Suggs and Taylor. Where's the Tight end to his left? Where's the 2 or 3 back chip blocking for him? Examples please.

While we're at it. Alan Faneca. Funny how you havent been throwing any stats around about sacks he's given up. I guess you only use stats when it's to your advantage. But hey...tell me. Technically speaking what makes Faneca a poor pass protector? DO you have any in game examples? Frankly do you have anything other than hearsay from potentially fictional message board steeler fans? I've already cited REAL steeler fans who strongly disagree w/ your assessment.

Do your worst.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

See Robert gallery and countless other supposedly can't misses that were coming out of college.

LMAO. First off the amount of sacks Bustashaw Ferguson supposedly has given up are alarming when you consider the offense the Jets run. Short passing attack- Chad Pennington and his five yard pass patterns. IF those sacks numbers are accurate that is embarrassing number for any OT especially in that type of offense(This isn't some deep vertical offense where Olineman have to hold there blocks alot longer for the pass patterns to develope) I"M Not telling you anything you don't know. Even the top pass rushers need a couple seconds to get to the QB and thats why you see teams against the top pass rushers shorting the QB drop. NOw the question is the OT more the reason for stopping those pass rushers, or the scheme devised.

Comeon you know thats a bogus stat of how he shut out the top passrushers. IT doesn't have to always do with help, but by scheme. Short passing attack - QB not holding football that long.(many other things offense do that help a OT that they don't have confidence in) I will give you an example. Paul MCquistan played RT he more a dominant run blocker with questionable feet.(not the best pass blocker) Well you know he shutout two of the best pass rushers in the Game. HE must be coming into his own as a passrusher. Nah Raiders were just pounding the opposition with the run, that they never got in obvious passing situations. Pass rushers can't pin there ears back and come hard after the QB, when there is a possibility that it could be a run.

ON to faneca- again I don't have the technical background you have as a Former Olineman , so Im not going to embarrass myself. NOw the reason why I( didn't throw faneca numbers is because I didn't have them. DBrickshaw as a 4th pick in the draft ,. more people are intresting in his stats. (published more to see if hes living up to draft status)

Again I have read alot of diffrent scouting reports on Faneca and the theme has been that area(pass blocking) has started to slip the last couple years. I guess your Dad- Super Steeler fan knows more than eveyone else the job faneca been doing in pass preotection.

Again we will wait till end of the seasom and see if you are correct and that left side of Jets oline is solid in pass protection. IF you turn out to be right , hey i will give you props.

BTW- DO we have a bet which Oline Raiders or Jets will preform better in 2008. Any offensive number you want to base it on.

#44 Raiderjoe, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is quite possibly the funniest statement I have ever seen on TGG. You embarrass yourself on a daily basis, why choose this one subject that you're not going to embarrass yourself?

6. JetsLookingforDWare

I LOL'd at that too.

At least we all learned that they publish D'Brick's stats because he's the former #4 overall pick...but 7 time Pro Bowlers stats are not fit to be published. Those stats are also 100% accurate.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Fucking Idiot.

Robert Gallery causes the most penalties for a Lineman in the NFL. Why the fuck would you do that?

Goddammit Jeaux, you're so fucking stupid.

8. Beast Mode

Beast Mode New Member

I had the understanding that Ferguson was a pretty good pass protector, but his weakness was runblocking, and Faneca's strength and weakness was the opposite. Maybe I was wrong.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

D'Brick - Sucks at everything.

Faneca - Too old to be of any use, and not really good at anything anymore anyway.

Got it?

Joe...I'd gladly do like 100 bucks on the O-lines.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

First off what stat are we going to base ON Olines. I want to know upfront what we are basing which oline perform better.

#50 Raiderjoe, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Penalties.

In that case, I'll bet the house, car and 2 Million that the Jets have 2 less Penalties than the Raiders.

I drive a Chrysler 300. Want it? Tell Gallery to stop causing more penalties than an entire O-Line.

Bet on the O-Lines...... Fake Troll.