OK....Oakland....What To Worry About ???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 26, 2006.

1. steviep

steviep Active Member

70 sacks against may be a concern.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/OAK

2. coral reefer

coral reefer New Member

Should be interesting to see how many Oakland fans show up in their halloween garb

3. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the Jets have the game enough in the bag for Kellen Clemens to have about 1 1/2 quarters of work in the second half.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I ain't worried. I think we handle them pretty easily. Don't forget they have to travel across the country for a mail-it-in game. If this was an up-and-coming disciplined team, I might be more concerned. But its not.

Also, don't discount its new years eve, might the raiders be looking ahead to partying in the city afterwards?

I say once we get a lead we sit and rest Coles, the guy is banged up.

Jets 24
    Raiders 7

5. Mr.Right

Mr.Right Banned

I sure hope the Raiders can 'pull-off' the upset. :wink:
    ....it'd be a shame to see a team like the Jets make the playoffs just to be eliminated in the first round, instead of a team like Cinncy or the Jags that might actually "contend" with San Diego and Baltimore. :sad:

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I agree. We still have to get totally stoked for this game and play rock solid football. Everyone (top down) needs to do their homework this week and prepare. I do not believe Mangini will allow the team to take their opponent lightly. Plus, we have to look at this as another good way of tuning for the playoffs. Work on things we have not been good at. Play hard and play smart.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You picked two teams that with two-game losing streaks, who would be - at best - limping into the playoffs. For the Jets, it's win-and-in. As it should be.

I know your motivation for posting is something other than honest discussion, but you'll need better examples to pull-off what your trying to do.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Why are you on this board? Go to your home team's board!

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The only thing I am worried about with this game is driving home from the stadium on New Years eve with even more drunk drivers than a normal home game..

10. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

The only real threat we face here is Oakland's pass defense. Ashomuga is a very talented young safety and both Sapp and Burgess are having excellent seasons rushing the passer.

Oakland has a bottom tier run defense, a bottom tier pass protection, and a bottom tier attitude.

The Jets need to worry about...

Not beating themselves
    Not suffering any critical injuries that put a damper on any kind of noise we might make in the playoffs.

-X-

11. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

"noise in the playoffs" I just need to pause for a second and smile at that:) Wow, this season has been way beyond what I thought it was going to be. Way beyond.

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Well they played a good game yesterday and props all around to the players, coaching staff etc. on a game won. I'm still thrilled about Leon's big play! However......

Please don't jinx us by saying its an easy game! Sure the Raiders have all their troubles offensively, but they definately have a good defense.

We all know that anything can happen in the NFL in any given game. I don't see how some of you guys can already crown the Jets with a wild-card spot being that they still need to play one more good game of football first. I for one am not overly confident about this game. I see it as just another game and NOT A CAKE WALK.

Please folks, we all know that it would be like the "old Jets" to go out and lose a seemingly easy game as this one. So please do not get ahead of yourself now. We haven't clinched anything yet.

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

our defense needs to force turnovers to put them away early

14. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

There are no "easy" wins in the NFL. Blowouts? Yes. But even in blowouts guys are still hitting HARD. Key players can get seriously injured on ANY play, which can turn a game upside down, etc., etc. I'm not trying to be a darksider here, but the very notion of any "easy" win is a fallacy

Look at the long list of inconceivable upsets this season.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

My friend sent me a piece about Oakland mgmt/coaches telling guys who are doubtful or on IR who don't want to make the trip...supposedly, Oakland is saying if they don't fly across the country, they have to watch at the practice facility. In other words, no partying with friends if they're 'hurt.'

Interesting......

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Since the game is from 10 AM - 1 PM Oakland time, that should leave them plenty of time to get their grooves on after the game. Unless they would still be partying from the night before?

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm very worried CP will go into his retard shell against the Oakland secondary. We have to establish the running game and play sound defense. This is not an easy game even though their offense is so bad it's unwatchable.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No game in the NFL is a "gimmie". Should we win? Yes. Will we win? Absolutely.

This will be a playoff game as far as I'm concerned.