Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup! Sanchez would have won the Pinstripe Toilet Bowl :breakdance:

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You should probably post a link to the scouting report that you ripped that off from.

3. abyzmul

WCO is a short and frequent passing scheme designed for quick thinking quarterbacks that excel in the short passing game.

None of which Sanchez exemplifies. The guy is going to be eaten alive.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Why do you feel the need to be an ass?

Seriously--what is wrong with you? Do you have a problem with me?

Why--because I don't hate Sanchez?

That I can root for BOTH QBs? As a Jet fan?

I've seen Geno play in person twice and have seen him play against Cuse 3 times and in a few other games.

How many times have YOU seen him play live?

Those are MY honest and personal objective thoughts on the guy.

Why don't you grow up?

_

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wco also puts a premium on precision accuracy which sanchez certainly doea not have. The minute geno is ready he will be starting.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont mean this in a negative way or mean to pile on you, i actually think you have been better the past day or two. however...

maybe if you didnt start out your illustriuos posting career as such a douche people wouldnt treat you like one. just saying. i dont think abyz cares what your stance is on mark sanchez or that you root for both qbs. i am assuming here but you probably feel posters wrath because you post like a jerk.

7. abyzmul

Still waiting for that link.

8. JStokes

Still trying to figure out who the dicks are here.

Thanks.

_

9. JStokes

Considering the number of douches here, I guess I'm in good company.

:lol:

_

10. abyzmul

You can start with yourself, and continue counting.

alley was entirely correct. You don't show up in a room and start acting like a dickwad. You have to earn that right.

So far, you haven't earned shit. So take that sense of entitlement and shove it straight up your pucker, because none of us know you and none of us care to at this point.

11. JStokes

Good comeback. I make a legit football post and you go right back to personal insults and douchebaggery. Got a sense of who you were as soon as I joined and you haven't dissuaded me from my initial impression.

So why don't you tell us why you are (i) impressed with Geno or (ii) not impressed with Geno.

Start with how many times you've seen him (i) live and (ii) not live. Youtube videos don't count.

Btw, I couldn't give a half baked crap who you are with all your posts, YOU'RE sense of entitlement and your protection from the mods.

_

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know who you are or who you think you are but this is at least the 2nd time I've seen you call out the moderators here. I'm surprised cman didn't give you a vacation yesterday. I guess he's more patient than me.

Anyway - you now do have a well earned vacation and in the future we expect that you'll keep your comments about the moderators to yourself or to a private message.

Enough with your nonsense, really.

13. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

so...

we're supposed to have dee milliner back for training camp, right?

14. abyzmul

I wouldn't expect it, although it would be nice to see him there.

Maybe in limited action.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm really looking forward to seeing Milliner play. He has a rep as a high quality piece in the defense and I'm interested in seeing how Rex makes use of him.

It would seem like Wilson is going back to the slot but Saban used Milliner there a lot and he used Milliner to cover play making TE's a lot so Rex has some options.

16. abyzmul

That sounds a lot like the way Rex used Revis. Anywhere he needed to.

Wilson did okay outside the hash marks last season, but he really doesn't seem like a guy that fits anywhere as a corner or slot.

Maybe he will turn the corner this season, but Milliner has the skills to play anywhere.

17. hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor New Member

Thanks for the insight. I know him personally but that's an awkward (and hardly objective) question to ask someone. The good thing is that he is incredibly young (22), so practice team his rookie year might not be a bad thing.

18. Precision accuracy based on pre snap reads & timing. There isn't the same level of improvising & post snap decision-making prevalent in both Sparano & Schottenheimer's scheme. In other words..Sanchez's hand will be forced more. Sometimes removing some of the thinking & emphasizing timing can be just what a QB needs.That can absolutely improve throwing accuracy.

It'd be foolish to firmly believe Sanchez will drastically improve his production & performance solely due to the change in scheme. That said..it's equally as foolish to not recognize how drastic of a change this is..and also that this is the type of offense he flourished in at USC.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How many back shoulder throws on crossing patterns do people need to see before they understand that Sanchez reaction time is just not there at an acceptable level?

He may improve a bit in the WCO but he does not have the skills to excel in the offense. His accuracy is poor, his timing is off and he just doesn't connect well with his receivers on short routes. He can't even throw a bubble screen well because that play requires anticipation, timing and accuracy and he has none of the trifecta there.

Yeah he threw screens when LT was in the backfield but many of them were thrown short or behind LT and it was only his excellent skills as a receiver that allowed him to make the plays.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

JstOKEs, I don't think you are a douche. Douches have a purpose.