Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

His 10 catches were more than any other Jet over those 3 games AND he hadn't played in the 5 weeks heading up to that game.

While I agree we need to get more dynamic, we also need a surehanded good-route-running dependable guy for whomever our QB is.

His time may have passed as a tall fast deep threat--but hopefully that's Hill.

His time has passed as a dynamic playmaker--but hopefull that's Holmes and Kerley.

His time has not passed as a very solid NFL WR. I'd rather him over Gates or any of the young nobodies--the only young guy I think has any upside for THIS year is Jordan White.

Again, never understood the hate for the guy. And I'm not pining for 2010--I think he could be a productive guy THIS year.

_

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exactly plus having Edwards around could benefit Hill. Because he can mentor him and Edwards can mentor Geno as well.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's kind of funny that with his supposed bad rep that he can be thought of as a mentor.

I agree--he'd be great to have around all the young guys. He always appeared to me--as a Jet--to be a willing teammate.

Kind of like Cro growing up--I'd like to have someone there who so desperately loves being a Jet.

_

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Maturity, plus he genuinely loves playing here, and his price tag is cheap(5,000 th post, not counting the 12, 000 I have in the bullshit forum)

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Maybe he is getting more reps so the jets can say they gave him every opportunity?

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Let's face it. Our choice at QB is limited at this point. Clearly a case of receivers making the QB successful not the QB making the receivers better. Be it Sanchez or Geno they will need every inch of help at WR. These guys NEED a go to guy that is savvy and mature enough to take the pressure off of them and help them through the rough times. Brake a route if the QB is in trouble and become an outlet to help him out of a mess.

So far we have Kerley with a minor soreness and then the selection gets troublesome due to inexperience or plain health. Will we beef this area up or will someone step up sooner than later?

Chemistry must be established early on, OTA and during training camp. Not sure we can wait much longer to figure out that the help the QB needs might not be within the current roster.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Then that has to be remembered with Geno as well, because if the second team receivers are working in place of the one's then Geno is working with the 3's most likely. It's a cascade effect.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the Dougie is out of style already.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

66 days remain till the preseason opener on August 9th and we get to see the team playing in somewhat earnest in pads against non team mates. And I'm 90% certain we won't know for 100% who the Jets starting QB will be on the season opener until at least that game.

10. 518

518 Member

I hear you. We are pretty much praying one (maybe two) of these UDFA's can pick it up in games. Spadola maybe?

11. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

I'm very excited and I hope we see Geno start.

I have tickets to August 17th and I'm bringing my girls to their first game. :beer:

It would be nice to see Lloyd in green putting some pressure on the opposing D.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree, probably closer to the 2nd pre-season game. I would like our starter to start and play the first half on game 3.

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

What do you all think of Darrin Walls? Rex mentioned him in presser, saying he's gone from 8th on depth chart to subbing in with the 1s

Apparantly he played on the active roster last year but I can't recall him. UDFA CB taken in 2011 by Atl from Notre Dame. Wears number 30 for us.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex likes to pump his guys up a lot. Don't listen to a thing he says until you see it with your own eyes.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem is that Rex not only likes to pump his guys up but he then buys into the hype himself.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Paintballing today! Maybe Bumchez will hit someone in stride.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

finally. After 7 years, we move to Modern offensive football.

One supposes Cimini has never heard of Bill Walsh and using short passing for ball control.

Tool.

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

I remember him from last year. He looked to be playing good man defense from what I remember. Always on the guy. Only thing is he did get beat a time or two.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Really? So you honestly believe that Rex tricks himself into liking players? Don't believe the media hype. He will always defend his players to the media. That's what he does. He does it to help take the pressure off them.

20. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I like him more that KWilson already! :)