"Official" Start Matt Simms thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 29, 2013.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Who says the coaches are making decisions? I get the sense a lot of Rex's 'uncharacteristic' quotes this year are because he's more or less being told who to play, at least at QB.

2. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

I'm saying we're talking about the Jets here. Rex isn't the guy pulling the trigger on draft choices. It's a collective effort but its Idziks call. And the guy I first responded to said something about Rex drafting a receiver, like he's going to be heavily involved in that decision. The answer is no.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They say that even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually.

Come back when you got yourself an acorn, ok?

4. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

I'd say Rex had no say on the contract extension and OK'd the Tebow deal. Rex struggles with game management and calling for replay reviews. I doubt he understood the negative impact of either Sanchez' contract or Tebow's arrival would have on the team.

The fact that the man who is ultimately responsible for making those deals is no longer employed speaks to this.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think Rex ok'd the Tebow signing. I think he accepted him kicking and screaming. I think it was all Woody.

_

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Smith was drafted in the 2nd round b/c he wasn't ready to start in the NFL. Ideally, Sanchez would have started and Smith would have sat on the bench and learned for at least 1/2 a season and maybe the whole season. Unfortunately, Sanchez got injured so the Jets had no choice.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The man that was ultimately responsible for signing off on the extension was Woody who loves Rex. No way the Jets spend the kind of money extending Sanchez to a multi year deal without Rex signing on.

The fact that the GM was canned says nothing to this. GM's owners and HC are tied at the hip. You can't have a functioning management team if the HC doesn't believe in the talent, particularly the QB.

8. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

No seriously though, I only have a few posts on this forum so I really hadn't been looking very long. I'm sure Ill get an acorn soon enough. Just glad you admit that I was right. That takes humility bro, lots of it.

#688 NYJ_Jax28, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd appreciate it if you'd not mention my wife. It's been a few years since she's been gone, but I still miss her.

10. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Good Lord. My apologies.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm guessing that Simms is under center either at the end of this game or the beginning of the next.

Yeah, it's a guess.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Only way that happens is if Geno has very abysmal game. It has to be abysmal.

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Only way Sims finds his way on the field is if Smith forgets how to hold the ball and run the offense. Rex didn't start him a fourth of the season to watch him get pulled.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No biggie.

She ran off with a Raiders fan.

Fuck her.

Now...what were you saying about head coaches not having any input on which players to draft?

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Really? I cant see Simms starting unless Geno gets hurt. If he didnt get pulled in Tenn I have a hard time see the Jets giving up on him. Maybe late in the season but with Holmes and Hill out no way.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Well I was somewhat right...Simms in, it was not abysmal...But the two pick sixes did him in, like Milliner he needs to sit and watch

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Simms is in the game. Rex really didn't want to have his prized rookie getting smashed in garbage time. It's happened once already this year.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Quarterback controversy!!!!!!

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Bring back Hairband!

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

So it begins.

The Jets have finally released the Krakken that is Matt Simms.

For those who thought that Geno's running ability was not shared by his counterpart they have now seen that Simms can run, knows how to slide, and will go all out to make a critical play to move the chains.

Also, when Simms got sacked he had the sense to protect the ball instead of coughing it up as Geno has on several occaisions.

I am not saying that Geno has failed or that Simms should be handed the starting job. I am just happy that Simms has finally gotten a chance to show what he can do in a real game.