Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

They hedged that gamble by bringing in guys like Reiff and Duane Brown before Mekhi went down but then not only did Mekhi go down but then Duane went down and is now on short-term IR. No team is going to be 4-5 deep at OT so I'm not sure what you really expected JD to do to fix 2 of his top 3 OTs getting injured before Week 1. It sucks but them's the brakes in the NFL.

I get your point on Wilson but I definitely think Zach would've given that team a better chance to win yesterday. IMO, I thought Flacco looked just as indecisive as Zach did as a rookie last year but without his mobility.

cval likes this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

There is no need to go 4-5 deep on OT when you could use your first pick in the draft to pick any offensive lineman in the country.

There is no question that Wilson is the better option than Flacco. All I am saying is that where Flacco's immobility is a liability, so is potentially Wilson's inexperience which can also lead to sacks/pressures/hurries

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Then we don't have Sauce, who looked the part yesterday.

Also, what happens when Becton and that 1st round pick get injured? You're in the same boat as we are now. You can't build a team around injuries. They're going to happen and best thing you can do is just try to build a complete team and hope guys don't have big season-altering injuries.

This could very well be true but I honestly don't think Zach's inexperience would've made him look any worse than Flacco did yesterday but that's just my opinion. Hopefully we'll get an answer to this question in Week 4.

4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

That's not the point. The point is he says one thing and does something entirely different. I thought the prudent thing to do was to keep Zach from playing week one, that's obvious. Try to keep up with the thought process. Where did week 2 and 3 come from? With no explanation as to why? If he's going to be out 8 weeks instead of 4, why say 4 weeks? Tell the truth to the fans. This is also not gamesmanship. That's stupidity. If it were that he would've kept the illusion of Zach coming back right up until the time he actually did step on the field.

But even more crushing to your beliefs that Saleh didn't do anything wrong... what about your thoughts after yesterday's game? The Jets were not at all prepared on offense. The OL was atrocious. ST was abysmal. Doesn't all of that fall on the HC shoulders?

The Jets have enough talent yet they still play like they're a top 5 picking team. It's the HC job to put all the talent together. Now the defense did a nice job but Saleh isn't a DC, he's a HC.

So forgive me if I don't subscribe to your very loosy, goosy, liberal way of doing things. The HC has responsibilities. The honeymoon is OVER. Do your job. Justify your existence or GTFO.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. NYJ1970

Saleh has to get his act together....

Everyone knew after the draft that this season was an evaluation year of Robert Saleh. It was about Zach and the coaching staff.

Well, after one week in the books, Saleh IA an abominable FAILURE. If we'd hired a DC, Saleh is all good. I would be going after the defense about big 40+ yard plays, but for the most part it's all good.

Saleh is our HC, he's not just a DC. That's my problem with him after 1 week. You're welcome to debate, but this year was clearly a referendum on the vitality of Saleh and his CS. After 1 week what can say is if this continues throughout the season? It's clearly time for a change. His ethnicity is not pertinent to the conversation. It's about doing your job.....

6. HackettSuxTNG

See: Ryan, Rex.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Who fucking cares? Really?

Why do you think you deserve an explanation, why?

WTF is loosey goosey, liberal way of doing things?

My not being arsed that the HC may or may not have told a small porky pie to the press lol or my view that Wilson shouldn't see the field until he is fit and ready to do himself justice? I don't understand what is liberal about those ideas or goofy (as that is what loosey goosey means) for that matter.

My beliefs that Saleh didn't do anything wrong have nothing to do with yesterday's game in the slightest, learn to separate events.

As for yesterday's game, the defence was fine bar one or two incidents the offence stunk, go and check out the OC before slating Saleh, the OC that a lot of people were thinking could take over from Salah if he was sacked early, it was a very poor set of play calling and decisions for most of the game, should Saleh have had a word? Do you know that Saleh didn't have a word? I don't either way.

The honeymoon is over lol fuck me, man, grow up.

You're going to be in for a long disappointing season, I prepared myself for this event but you seem to have the thought that we were going to be winning games this season, you do not know football, a young team full of rookies, with an OL that has been decimated by injuries already.

GTFO :rolleyes:

#127 K'OB, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    KingRoach and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. NYJ1970

Rex Ryan had way more success with the NYJ than Saleh has. In fact, the NYJ after Rex Ryan's first season were coming off a playoff season. The offense under Rex Ryan had WAY more success than under this guy that thinks he's a HC

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Robert Saleh had a nice honeymoon phase last year, but it is put up or shut up this year and so far: not good. The handling of Zach Wilson's injury was terrible. Now they continue to look bad against the Ravens. The clock is ticking. Especially for a guy like Saleh, who similar to Rex, his stuff doesn't work when he is losing. If you win, ALL GAS NO BRAKE sounds awesome. 60% like the Marines and Seal Team 6! All that stuff sounds cool. When you lose: You look like a guy just saying random sayings who doesn't know how to coach football.

Jojo, SOJAZ, Snatch Catch and 3 others like this.
  10. NYJ1970

And therein lies the problem. Good post....

Jojo likes this.
  11. HackettSuxTNG

Fully agreed, which is why fans were much more tolerant of this behavior from Ryan versus Salleh.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, "all gas, no brake" is starting to sound like "all talk, no action."

Jojo, NY Jets68, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Tomlinson allowed EIGHT pressures in one game yesterday with a 38.6 PFF rating. That’s downright pitiful. I think you have too much faith in this guy. Call it one game but he was atrocious.

Jojo, SOJAZ and Acad23 like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Tomlinson will be gone after the season. There's an out in his contract, it was a bad deal, no friggin way they are gonna keep him on board for $17 mill in 2023 and 2024

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How did the new RT Mitchell grade out of interest?

16. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

I want to believe Saleh knows what he's doing but the more of a sample size we get the more I don't believe he does. Believe me, I don't relish the thought of another regime, system, etc. but I fear we may have hired a motivational speaker to be our HC and he is clueless otherwise. Every platitude means less as the losses pile up. It's about time to put up or shut up, the honeymoon is over.

To make it worse, the Giants, with a roster containing less talent than ours, win a dramatic first game against a better opponent directly because of their new coach's decision to go for 2. This franchise's ineptitude is almost unbelievable.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yeah but the Giants had the advantage of actually being in the game. We struggled to score in garbage time.

Hectorfor3 likes this.
  18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

He was awful yesterday, no doubt, but like you said, it was one game.

I don't think one game should define anyone's career or even year, especially someone who just went to the Pro Bowl.

I do still have faith in Tomlinson. We'll see if that faith lasts throughout the year.

19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Not great.

Fairly surprising to me considering ESPN had him winning 92.1% of his pass block reps. He did allow 8 pressures though so I guess it check out.

Borat and K'OB like this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Tomilson was being called on to check Mitchell's guy to often. He's too old to have to be that mobile.