Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets did beat them with Revis out for a little over half the game once before - remember he pulled his hammy covering Moss. That was a different Pats team, but this is a different Jets team too. We have a better #2 behind Cromartie and better safeties.

2. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Whatever happened to Kyle Wilson? He doesn't measure up to the hype when we drafted him. Is he too small, too slow, or too dumb?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have only really used him as a nickel CB, which is a very specialized position. Give him a few games outside before we all rush to judgement. That's the position he played in college and the position most CB's understand how to play.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think Wilson lacks range and is too small

5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Oooooooh. Yes. This is very well said. The good teams have an attitude that gets them through the tough games and tough times.
    I would say that its possible the Jets step-the-fuck-up and reach another level. I'm not banking on it. But I'll watch them until they prove they can't compete. And, hey, maybe the offense starts to 'get it' for fucks sake. I'm extremely disappointed in Sanchez. But I also am a fan and every week is a chance to get it ON

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This is true, we are improved, but beyond Wilson we are shaky and need to address the 3rd CB since its such an important position on our team.

I see guys like Strickland and Chris Carr out there but I'm hesitant.

7. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Joe Mcknight might have to step up and be the next person up to play the position.
    Im sure we have a cb or 2 in our practice squad that is worth a look

8. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Time for Wilson to step up,simple as that. I've defended him for awhile saying he can be a good #2 guy, just hasn't had the opportunity with Revis and Cro ahead of him. Well, now his time.

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Damn... I hate it, hate it...

10. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Pats fan here. Sorry about Revis. He's a great player and the Pats-Jets battles are a lot more interesting with him out there. Fortunately it happened early so he should be 100% at the start of next season.

11. feldspar

feldspar Member

Devestating news for Jets fans. My sympathies.

In a perfect world, every team's best players would stay healthy and compete with every other team's best players. This is unfortunately not the case.

I know part of the fanbase will use this as excuse if the Jets don't make it, and that's understandable. But it only matters how the team responds to this. They cannot use it as an excuse. This very same kind of shit happens every year to somebody. You think you have your team set, and then you suddenly lose a big piece of it. Shitty.

12. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum has wasted Revis' best years. He may never been the same again.

How many years and counting, and still no replacement for John Abraham. Joke talent at the skill positions.

Mikey, keep patting yourself on the back for those back-to-back AFC Championship game appearances.

13. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles are proving you can come back from ACL tears, and in the following season too. I believe Revis will bounce back by next year. The Jets, however, will not. They are screwed

#413 Banjo, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Tough fucking loss. Damn.

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Dude, please put down the crack pipe. That stuff'll fuck your brain up good.

16. The_Darksider

"Capable"? Then why would he wait until Revis is out to show it? Imagine we had TWO lock down corners?

There's no doubt some guys will step up, but others will be exposed because we no longer have a side of the field locked down by one guy. THe pass rush isn't going to magically come alive. But saying Cromartie is capable of being as good as Revis is just being far too optimistic. And delusional.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I know people are saying that Revis can come back from this. That is probably true, but there is a real risk he may come back diminished. Even so this year will be played without him, and despite the brave talk here by some, this season's effort has been hurt by Revis's injury. The prospects for this season were not all that great, I felt, even before this injury.

Yes, the efforts of the core group of Jet players have to some extent been wasted due to the misfires Tanny and his people are responsible for. I can't figure people here who defend him.

18. feldspar

feldspar Member

You don't know that. Age-wise, Revis is dead-on in his prime. Only 27, and only 5 full seasons in the league. If this guy's reputation was any better as a player, he'd be superman.

There are degrees to ACL injuries. I wouldn't just assume that Revis has been gimped-out for good. We'll have to wait and see about that, and wait for a long time. He'll play again for the Jets, and when he does, there may be a period where he has to shake off the rust. We'll see.

I'm not a doctor, and neither are you. Even if you are, you don't have all the facts, just like me. We've seen ACL injuries downgrade players for good before, but this doesn't mean that it's the case this time.

19. The_Darksider

The Cardinals???? How about the Chargers? The Bills again? 49ers? The Texans? Jake Locker didn't look so shabby yesterday.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

While he is sitting out?