Official Rant thread (not for the faint of heart)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Jan 7, 2007.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

when you get behind against a good defense, 10 points or more, he doesn't have the arm to get it done. put a brady, palmer, manning, or even losman back there and you still have a chance. the lateral and the red zone fgs today while brady was putting up tds is an example.:wink:

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

What does having a big arm have to do with that? What a QB needs in that situation is accuracy and good decision making (That's what a QB needs always). Pennington has both. I'll take a guy with good decision making and accuracy to a guy with a big arm anyday.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Their was some pretty bad calls on the Jets, but it was in Foxborough guys. Not saying the refs screwed the Jets out of the game, but their was some BAD calls against the Jets and some non-calls, but I digress.

Pennington actually played well. Usually the antidote for Pennington is to rush 4 and drop 7, and New England probably did that about 85% of the time, rarely blitzing. And to my surprise Chad found some open holes and made some nice throws because he usually struggles against Zone.

But i'm fucking sick of Belichick. Now the bitch is all happy and hugging Mangini because they WON? What a pussy, now everything is just fine with Bill, fucking hypocrite.

And Brady is just Brady. We hate his guts, but the guy is just a proven winner, he's great, no other way to put it.

4. NYJets1135

NYJets1135 New Member

FUCK that lateral it changed the whole fucking game

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Kendal blew the game. He should have fell on the ball he was right there. Instead he watched Clovin do his dance while Wilfork ran with the ball.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

As long as this is the Official Rant Thread I'll throw in my displeasure over running Washington up the middle so often. WTF was with that?

The strength of NE's run defense is up the middle, not so much on the outside. And Leon's strength is turning the corner, hitting the afterburner and eluding one-on-one's, so why repeatedly run him into all that traffic up the middle? I sat there thinking, "there must be some kind of ulterior motive...like, they expect us to run outside so we're doing this instead to fool them... some kind of reverse psychology or something). It just made no sense to run his style repeatedly into the heart of their beef.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I feel O.K. This morning ,I guess iv been here a couple of times and can take that good with the bad!(That just means I’m still hung over) We had a real good chance here and didn’t come away with any points on those two monstrous drive's but that’s what it comes down to ,they made the play's and we didn’t. There were a couple of nasty non calls and some call were just out right bull shit. That pass interference call was a make up call for one that the refs missed against the jets period. I hope everyone else saw how the LB's were laying on top of the receivers every time the ball was thrown at the first down marker and there were no calls. But to really sum up the season it can be done with that drive at the beginning of the third quarter. The jets march up the field Chad was 16 for 14 on the drive 14 straight and we were poised to take the lead and we failed to get in the end zone. Just like this season we amazed everyone on how well we played and then stumbled against average competition, we excelled against teams that were supposed to blow us out the water and we failed against teams that we had no answers for. We are just learning to stand right now and for a one year old we are way ahead of the curve. Heres to more progress and here's to the NEW YORK JETS! Thank you for making this year a Pleasant surprise!!!!!

#147 JUNJOBX2199, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Pats have a QB who has all the leadership and accuracy Pennington has along with a good arm and a quick release and that's a problem since they're in our division.

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

This has confused me all season. They have run Washington up the middle all year with little or no success. The draw has definitely worked, but they still seemed determined to call up dive plays for him that never gain anything, especially with no lead blocker. I just don't get it.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The pats have by far the best QB in the game and one of the best QBs EVER to play the game, those guys don't grow on trees. they come along once in a generation- we just have to deal w/ it.

11. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

If Brady had been under ANY other coaching staff, he wiould have been average. He would be average if he had been a Jet. The o-line, Weis, and Belichick made him.

12. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Brady would be great anywhere. Beli and Weiss do not make the throws and plays he has made over the year. Don't be surprised if he gets another ring.

13. winstonbiggs

I agree with you Junc. I was actually pretty pleased with the way Chad played other than the lateral. As much as I would prefer a more physically talented QB than Chad, I'm not in any way for getting rid of him until we have a true upgrade situation. The reality is looking at the overall QB play in the league, Chad looks pretty good and making a big upgrade is highly unlikely. Clemens would have to play lights out in TC and pre-season to make me a beliver he would be an upgrade over Chad.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That explains why BB was a failure in Cle and was on his way to being a failure in NE until Tom Brady stepped on the field.

Tom Brady is the biggest reason why the Pats have won 3 SBs and he is by far the best QB in the game.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

There's obviously more to a QB then how he looks in practice. You have to give a guy a legitimate shot to prove what he can do before you write him off. I think it was Bill Walsh that said that Jeff Garcia was one of the worst QBs he'd ever seen on the practice field yet he managed to have a few great years with the Niners and is now doing it again with the Eagles.

The biggest problem with Pennington is that no matter how good the CS is they can't have him as the focal point of the offense because you can't gameplan away his weaknesses against a top defense. The Jets would need to heavily upgrade their defense and somehow acquire a top 5 NFL back in order to be competitive with Pennington at QB.

16. ShadeTree#55

The Jets are not "competitive" with Chad?

Bullshit.

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

They beat 1 team with a winning record this year.

18. winstonbiggs

Jeff Garcia wouldn't be an upgrade to Pennington. I don't see how you can bench Pennington without Clemens playing great in TC and Pre-season. Pennigton showed enough to deserve to start unless he is overwhelmed in TC or ask for an extension with an unreasonable contract demand.

19. ShadeTree#55

How is that not "competitive"?

20. 3rdAnd15Draw

My point wasn't to compare Garcia and Pennington(although age is the only factor here) just to point out that you can't always see what a guy is all about just from the practice field or how he starts out in the league.

Brady wasn't half the QB he is now when he took over the starting job from Bledsoe(only due to injury), he got experience and improved his game drastically. You can't tell me that if Brady had ridden the pine for 3 years he just would've stepped in in 2003 and be as good as he was after playing the previous 2 seasons.