OFFICIAL MATT LEINART THREAD: Merge x1938

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

LionHart...sorry Leinart

We may have a potential Matt Leinhart vs Vince Young matchup week one of the NFL Season. Its a little bit of a long shot, based on the fact that titans have to grab Young we would have to take Leinhart and both somehow would have to start, But still, it would be a great hype machine, and that matchup if they both were starting would obviously be CBS's nationally televised game. Get the JETS some good airtime week one

2. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

It's Leinart

3. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

LEINART....not lionhart

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Neither would start the first week of the season unless major injuries took place on both teams.

But man oh man do I want the jets to take lanhert.

oops I mean, Leinart or do I mean Lanyard or do I mean Leighton Hewitt?

5. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Young > Leinart

See Rose Bowl.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Why must people add a random "h" in leinart, is it that hard? Jeez, it's so annoying too.

7. ganooch

ganooch Member

who really gives a shit if someone has a typo and mispells someone's name. we all know who he means.

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

ok, well even so you'd have to wait 3 years for young to even be on the field during the regular season

9. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Please don't tell me you're picking Vince Young becuase he beat up the Trojans defense in the Rose Bowl.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Young > USC Defense

see Rose Bowl

Leinart > Young

see their entire college careers

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Matt Leinart nearly had a 400 yards passing game against one of the top Defenses in the country in the rose bowl...Matt Did NOT lose that game...4th and one lost it for them and so did their Defense.

#151 PennyandtheJets, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2005
  12. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Drafting either Leigh Teagbing or Vince McMahon would be a big mistake both have some real negatives. They are two very different styles fo QB's as has been rehashed on these forums for months.

IMO, no Fu*&ing way Tangini is looking at Vince, he is not a Bill & Bill type player and these guys have been given the Bill and Bill Matrix implant.

I have no doubt Vince will be an exciting player to watch in years to come. Like a Randall Cunningham but if i'm building a SB team he won't be on it.

Leigh Teabing will be like a gunshot wound to the stomach for some team. A long slow painful death. Not bad enough to kill them instantly.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

So if Young was the QB of USC and Leinart was the QB of Texas, Texas still wins right?

14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

THANK YOU!

15. Bricket-head

Yes

(filler)

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why isn't VY a "Bill & Bill" type player???

17. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

allright i think everyone can admit that both these quarterbacks were the best in college football and their both really good... the thing is their 2 competly 2 different qb's.... leinart as no speed and vince had tremendous speed... they both dont have the best arm but their. good.... i wouldnt ming haven either one on my team is... the thing is its up to the jets to make that final decsion... do they want to grrom a qb (vince young)... or do they want to start a qb right away and win games(leinart)

18. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Leinart was 37-2. Young was 30-2. Young still had one year of eligibility when he left. Young beat out Leinart in pass efficiency, total offense, and victories his senior year. He would have had an excellent chance to finish 44-2 for his career had he stayed one more year.

Leinart had more hype than Young, but Young proved he was better on the field.

Leinart is a very good quarterback. But he could also be the product of a good system at USC. Young is without a doubt the catalyst for the success of the Texas program the past 2 years. He practically carried them on his back. He already passed Leinart his senior year and has more upside. He will continue to upstage Leinart into the NFL next season. The people who label Young a project do not know what they are talking about. It is a label, nothing more.

For a guy with Young's athleticism to finish the college regular season undefeated and #1 in pass efficiency is astounding. You do not pass on this guy. As someone once said, Young = Leinart + Bush. You get both aspects in one package, plus tons of leadership and competitive moxy to boot.

Project? We'll see....

19. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

Well, I think borna'horn is obviously somewhat biased, but he does bring up some good points. People seem to overrate Leinart's collegiate career versus Young's. Their records were very similar and as far as stats are concerned, Young compares very well with Leinart. Considering the amount of talent on USC, I would argue that overall, Young had the better collegiate career.

However, many of the concerns regarding Young are very much valid, such as unfamiliarity with a pro-style offense, unorthodox throwing motion, etc. In the end, I think it's pretty much a wash between the two of them, and I wouldn't be too displeased if we ended up with either at #4.

20. Bricket-head

Compare stats all you want, but they never ever tell the whole story.

Vince young is a good COLLEGE quarterback we all know that. He just doesn't display the skills a lot of ppl want to see in the pros. To be honest Vince Young scares the shit outta me. I watched some film on the guy and from what I see he likes to throw into double coverage a lot which aint gonna fly in the pros. Yound has improved, but Leinart was consistantly at the top of his game.

And comparing Young to Leinart and Reggie Bush combined is stupid. The running back/ quarterback hybrid will never be the formula for success in the NFL. I want a good pocket-passer that can make any throw,make smart decisions, and is only mobile when he absolutely has to be. I don't want a quarterback that makes risky throws and wants to take off running when things get a little hairy.