OFFICIAL MATT LEINART THREAD: Merge x1938

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. lightning

lightning Active Member

Mario williams is not richard seymour! he's juilius peppers if anything. He fits best in the 4-3

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

if Leinart is available at our pick (#4), i want us to trade down!!

We would be able to get a king's ransom for the pick & Leinart. Many teams will want Leinart, and if we can get a first rounder this year, a second rounder this year, and a first next year, I'LL TAKE IT!

Fill all of our major holes this year through the draft (except QB), and use next years two first rounders to put the finishing touches on our team. And if Ramsey & Penny show that they cant be a starting QB, then package our first rounders together next year for the top QB in the draft (Brady Quinn), I feel that he might be one of the college QBs that can start instantly in the NFL; or at least half way through the season.

3. lebojets

lebojets New Member

I am with you on that. No way can we afford to give up picks. There are too many holes to fill. The more picks we have and can get the faster we will become a contender.

4. lightning

lightning Active Member

we wouldn't be giving up picks if leinart fell to us

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

They were still winning though. Seymour wasn't the only reason the D was better... Belicheck helping out was the major factor in my opinion.

6. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

when u have a proven winner like Leinart, (i know he hasnt proved anything in the NFL though) you cant pass him up, you have to take the best player on the board

7. lebojets

lebojets New Member

Thats right and the best player will Mario Williams.

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

not after the saints take him

9. Khan

Khan Active Member

I've never seen a draft where the top two teams take players who already have the position filled by pro bowl caliber guys who are still young...The Texans with Bush already having Davis, and the Saints having two first round ends still on the roster when they have no stars at LB, CB minus Mckenzie, or safety, well, Dwight Smith ok, he's pretty good, but still...not to mention they still have a gaping hole at DT after losing Glover years ago and drafting Sullivan with the 6th pick a few years back.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I have to say, I really like AJ Hawk for the 4th pick.

- It's a terrible idea to lose one the #29 pick to trade up for QB. There are already 3 very capable starters on the roster. Plus I expect the FO to add middle round guy. I like Omar Jacobs, Paul Pinegar, Drew Olsen and Erik Meyer just to name a couple.

- If D'Brickshaw played RT, than this pick would be a no brainer. But he and Adrian Jones don't. So, IMO, D'Brickshaw is out.

- Mario Williams is a possibility even though he is just a tad slim for a 3-4 end. But Shaun Ellis is one good starter and on the other side we went out and got 2 able starters. Monquisanto Pope is a younger player while Von Olhoffen adds veteran experience. I wouldn't be to upset with him I guess, but not my ideal choice.

- My ideal choice: OLB AJ Hawk. Barton starts on one outside spot. Vilma is in the middle probably alongside Brad Kassell or maybe Victor Hobson. So I believe we're set at ILB in terms of starters. Now at OLB however, I think this team needs another impact player. AJ Hawk is just the type of player Mangini will want for the defense. I could just see a guy like this playing on New England's 3-4. This should complete our Linebacking core.

11. lebojets

lebojets New Member

Yes but would get get more if we trade him or the pick to the packers who are going to cut Favre. Maybe the Cards would take him or the lions and Raiders. Would could score big time and still get and great player. He would fetch a least a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1 next year.

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Is Matt Leinart's stock starting to drop?

From East Coast Sports FWIW: HOT Prospect News and NFL Rumor Section

The latest NFL News and Draft rumors including prospect information Updated Daily!
    http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Thats' all I needed to read

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It is sure, but he'll still be the #3 pick in the draft.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, he won't get past 4 one way or another.

16. lightning

lightning Active Member

good, let him drop to us!

17. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

I tell ya. Its going to be real interesting after the first pick. Obviously, NO and the Jets don't need a QB. Everything falls on Tennessee. If they pick Young they wont have to change much b/c he's just a more agile Steve McNair. It just seems more logical for them to go w/ Young. Therefore Matt could easily fall past #5 and there goes that extra millions.

And to think, this time last year Leinart was a lock for the 1st overall pick.

18. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

and he lost the national championship.. shoulda took his asss to the pros.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Who do you think he would have went to then?

I spoze the 49ers...

I bet he's happy he didn't go pro...I'd hate playing in that shit-hole. :rofl:

20. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

but california is his home... last year was a dream year for matt leinart and he blew it sort of. i mean he still will go top 5.. but he won the hiesman last year,national championship, and could go home to play pro ball and SF has a big qb history. plus not to mention he was the clear cut # 1 pick.