OFFICIAL MATT LEINART THREAD: Merge x1938

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

........................leinart..........................

2. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

And so was Vinny in college ..... But he had to wait 9 years before he had a positive td/int ratio ... and 10 years before making the Pro Bowl.

I am a Vinny fan ... so not meaning to pick on him ... just using him for an example. There are no positives when it comes to the draft ... and my gut tells me to stay away from QB at #4.

I will love whoever the Jets pick ... because thats my nature ... to grasp ahold of any Jet player and root for them for all I have.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily agree with what he said, but Young may not be a Tangini type of player because he is not the convential pocket QB. No run first QB has ever won a superbowl.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

There's a couple more. 10 of the top 11 threads in this forum have the word "Leinart" in the title. That's brilliant.

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

the best post I have ever seen on TGG, no joke.

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Hahaha...nice...only one thread didn't have to do with him

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

8 threads on Leinart, and one thread on a guy who is on San Diego. Awesome.

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

See....this is why I hate newbs. Notice the first 5 people to post in the thread, all here for like 2 years. While the people who are making the Leinart threads have been here for 2 days.

10. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Well, how does being athletic hinder being a pocket passer? That's like saying because you have $50, you can't spend $20, it's just absurd.

I think Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb will all like to argue that being a "hybrid" (whatever that means) means you can never succeed in the NFL.

And you're right, the stats don't tell everything. There's no way you can tell the amount of leadership and confidence that Vince Young exudes from just stats. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, in this year's draft has the type of leadership skills and intangibles that VY has. That is the thing that impresses me the most about Young. Just absolute amazing leadership skills and maturity for someone that (pardon the pun) young. You could probably put him out on the field day 1, and you'd get all the players to play hard with him on the team, and that's really something you can't ignore. I don't know if Leinart can command the same type of respect from the players, because he might be percieved to have an ego and put himself above other players with the hollywood persona and all that. I think Cutler and Young have a HUGE advantage over Leinart in terms of leadership skills, intangibles, and likelihood of getting the respect of their team.

I doubt we are going to get either of them. I don't really want either, I'd rather take D'Brick, and let Ramsey have a shot. If I was to take a QB though, it would probably be Young, then maybe Cutler, and I'd try to avoid Leinart if at all possible, opting instead to trade down.

11. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Sorry guys, I selected only some of the Leinart threads to show how many there were and people started to respond to them.

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

How is Williams a lesser John Abraham?

13. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

lol, wait, what, effectiveness doesn't matter? Haha, I almost fell over laughing when I read this. The hell with wins and stats! What's more important is if the guy is READY and knows what he SHOULD have done! Hahaha

#253 Serphnx, Apr 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hollywood Matt is irresistable!

15. Steve Harkey

Steve Harkey New Member

Don't be fooled by the posturing of the people representing Leinart. He is definitely a team player. Thus stated, I still don't want him on the Jets. I couldn't agree more with your worries regarding the Giants Stadium winds. Having watched every USC game for the last fifteen years, I get enraged when I hear people compare his skill set to Carson Palmer. There is no comparison. What Leinart brings to the table is a ton of savvy, as well as tremendous touch and good accuracy. However, you have to keep in mind that there is no defense played in the PAC 10.

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I'll never be able to understand why some people have such difficulty spelling his name. Is Leinart really that hard to spell?

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Don't worry, it's :up: :smile: , but not quite at :lol: level.

18. Steve Harkey

Steve Harkey New Member

I can sympathize with your sentiments, but Leinart ain't the player you think he is. He's a cerebral, good team player who has tremendous touch and nice accuracy. Unfortunately, he also brings down rain when he tries to go deep. He could get away with this in the PAC 10, where there is no such thing as defense. However, this just won't cut it in the NFL.

19. Steve Harkey

Steve Harkey New Member

Hopefully, this problem with spelling won't irritate you after the Jets complete their draft sans Leinart.

20. Steve Harkey

Steve Harkey New Member

Let him keep dropping past 4!!!