OFFICIAL MATT LEINART THREAD: Merge x1938

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

right... with the recent talk that Reese wants to take Vince (which is no secret anymore) Leinart may even be there at 4! Its not worth it to jump up to 1 overall to take him.

I want Jay"Cutemup" Cutler. If this guy was at USC and Leinart was at Vandy they would have had the exact same result. Jay Cutler won or made games against some pretty damn good SEC teams close. I think he is gonna be great.

He is worth the 4 and I think it was and is the intention of Tangini to take him.

Bust me now or forever hold your peace.:beer:

2. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

I enjoy any time someone uses Nick Lachey to bash Lenhardt. Kudos to you my friend.

The media monster that is Matt Leinart was created two years ago. This guy's hanging out with B-list celebs and C-list whores and they are all telling him he is the second coming of Joe Namath.

His agent eventually had to break the news to him that he wasn't going #1 overall and was replaced by someone who is selling him a load of crap.

I've got no problem with anyone positioning for more $$$ as long as it is not at the expense of others, and in this case it isn't. But, I also am beginning to suspect that Matty might be a little bit of a Prima Donna. Not a problem if he is just oozing with talent. IMO he's more likely, talent wise, the next Chad Pennington than Joe Namath, but Chad has always been a mature Class Act even when things were down. Not seeing it from this guy, hope he's ready for the NY media then his true colors will show.

PS: I still think he should have ran at the USC Pro Day. Pennington would have, I just know OK.

#222 Jets41815162342, Apr 14, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't know what all the fuss is about. The Jets are going to stay at #4 and take the best non-QB available, be it Williams, Ferguson or Hawk. No way the Jets drop millions on another QB with a history of arm trouble (Leinart), or an unorthodox QB (Young) or some guy who shot up the board based on workouts (Cutler).

I know the gallery is going to be disappointed, but get ready for a solid pick of a player to man the trenches.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Thank you. I'm quoting it so it's up there twice, so no members of the throng of ignorance can claim they missed it.

5. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Nice post, Joe Willie. I agree with you on your prediction about what the Jets will do, and I hope it comes true.

The only point I disagree with is that I don't think the Jets would pick Hawk at #4. If they traded down from #4 to somewhere in the 7-10 range, I think they'd take Hawk, Justice or Cutler (if any are still available).

6. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Johnny Mitchell

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

please stop with the comparisons there terrible... leinart is leinart not Johnny Mitchell

8. Jets41815162342

Let's make Matt happy ...

We bring in Jesse Palmer, ex-giants QB and former Bachelor star as well as Nick Lachey, AJ Discala, Tara Reid, Paris Hilton and Carrot Top.

They could all live in a condo in NJ for the whole season and we could all watch the insanity that ensues.

REAL WORLD - FLORHAM PARK

9. Jets41815162342

Got this review of Leinart from Draftstock.com, it put into words exactly how I view Lienart and why I don't want him with the 4th pick ...

10. JetGuru

JetGuru New Member

Draft Leinart Please!!!

Leinart is a winner, a true franchise QB, a great leader respected by his teamates. He is the QB to bring a championship back to the Jets, a brash "golden boy" just like Namath was.

We can build a solid O-line in the middle rounds, but we can't find a franchise QB there unless we are REALLY, REALLY lucky.

We have a golden opportunity to finally get the franchise QB we have lacked since Namath, and to finally erase the ghosts of the Marino/Favre missed opportunities.

Please, Mangini and Tannenbaum, draft Leinart so that we don't add to our history of draft day blunders!

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board, and good job spelling Leinart correctly.

I would love to get Leinart too, but wouldn't trade up to get him. There's a decent chance he'll be there at 4, hopefully he will.

12. JetGuru

JetGuru New Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    It's starting to again sound like the Saints may consider Leinart, even with Brees - just saw something today on that (don't remember where)
    If we could hold on to our #29 pick and still trade up to #2 to get Leinart, would you be in favor of that?

13. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I don't see the Saints taking Leinart at all, they would have two 60 million dollar QBs on the roster that would eat up a lot of their salary cap.

I'd rather not trade up, unless it was for Bush. I think we should stay put at 4, take Leinart if he's there, and if he's not, take D'Brick or Mario. We have a lot of holes to fill and the best deal we might be able to get for the #2 is the #4 and #35, and we can still get a very good player at 35 since this is a very deep draft. We could get a good OT like Marcus McNeil, Eric Winston, or Jonathan Scott if we don't take D'Brick, a pass rushing DE/LB like Manny Lawson, Bobby Carpenter, Thomas Howard, DeMeco Ryans, Tamba Hali if we don't take Mario, or if we address one of those needs at 29 maybe a RB like White or Addai. Having three top-35 picks in a very deep draft can really help fill our needs, so I'd rather not trade up.

14. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Williams might be getting more hype than Hawk atm ... because he is expected to be a sack monster ... but Hawk is the best all around defensive player in the draft. He is definitely worth the #4 pick. Doesn't mean he will go there however ... especially since we signed both Chatham and Kassel (maybe if we had only signed one or the other).

My gut tells me Bush, Williams, Young go in that order ... and the Jets pass on QB all together and grab D'Brick.

My wish is for someone to offer a solid enough package so the Jets can move down and aquire a few more picks, but I would hope for a very very solid package.

15. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

The Saints are going to say anything to drum up interest from the Titans or the Jets to move up.

16. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

........................leinart...................

17. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

...............leinart................

18. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

..................leinart...............

19. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

...................leinart....................

20. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

...................leinart.....................