Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just can't get over the fact that Jet fans would want to pass up on a Jim Harbaugh (for Trevor Lawrence) when Jim has...

A.) 14 years of NFL Quarterbacking experience and also led his Baltimore Colts to an AFC Championship Game appearance (1 play away from the SB) as a player/quarterback.

B.) Coached up and developed a young Andrew Luck as a Freshman and Sophomore into the highest rated QB Prospect coming out since Elway/Manning @ Stanford (went 12-1 together during their final year together of Andrew Luck's Sophomore season).

C.) Immediately turned a career losing bust (at the time) in Alex Smith into an instant winner and an awesome QB the very moment he got his hands on him and led/took an average QB in Kaep into the SB.

D.) Ranks 5th All-Time in NFL Head Coaching Winning Percentage @ .695% (44-19-1 overall) throughout 4 seasons in San Francisco which included 3 NFC Championship Game Appearances and 1 SB appearance and never once had a losing season (despite taking over a 6-10 49ers team before his arrival) with records of 8-8, 11-4-1, 12-4 and 13-3.

E.) A combined winning record @ Stanford/San Francisco/Michigan of 118-60-1 (.695%).

1. And I just can not get over the fact that the same fans overlooking Jim Harbaugh due to "Ohio State" then become the same exact Jet fans who completely overlook all of Eric Bieniemy (true) college failures as a former NFL RB and nothing more than a glorified Running Backs coach; who's never once accomplished anything up until 2018 outside of absolute nothingness before riding Andy Reid's jockstrap with the likes of Mahomes/Hill/Watkins/Kelce/A+ O-Line already in place by the time he became KC's "OC" of 2018 (when we all know it's Reid who's their true QB whisperer and offensive minded future NFL HOF HC).

Eric Bieniemy: The NFL Fraud.

A.) 9 years as an NFL RB (bust) with a combined whopping 1 NFL start, 1,589 rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs/11 FUMBLES and a staggering 11.2 rushing yards per game (with 3 different teams who never liked him); yes. He was an NFL BUST (drafted during the 2nd round @ 39th overall).

B.) (Glorified RB coach of 14 years) ala...

• Colorado's RB coach of two years from 2001-2002.

• UCLA's RB coach of three years from 2003-2005.

• Vikings RB coach of four years from 2006-2010 (does he also get the credit for Adrian Peterson, too? lol).

• KC Chiefs RB coach of five years from 2013-2017.

C.) I've asked once and I'll ask again; would any Jets fan like to acknowledge his only two years of Offensive Coordinator experience while the likes of Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce, an O-Line and ANDY REID weren't there to save him as Colorado's OC throughout his two year(s) of an embarrassing showcasing?

2011 (OC) @ Colorado: 3-10 overall (.230%) and even worse his offenses ranked 109th out of 120 teams in scoring offense and 92nd out of 120 teams in offensive yardage.

2012 (OC) @ Colorado: 1-11 overall (.083%) and even worse his offenses ranked 120th out of 124 teams in scoring offense and 119th out of 124 teams in offensive yardage.

Yeah. Right. Some "offensive guru" this guy really is.

And you mean to tell me, that he's the type of loser as a former NFL RB bust with 14 years of RB coaching experience who Jet fans want to see develop Trevor Lawrence?

Instead of a former QB himself in Jim Harbaugh who's self made with a combined career winning record @ Stanford/San Francisco/Michigan of 118-60-1 (.695%) after developing Andrew Luck, turned around Alex Smith, led an average Kaep into a SB, 3 NFC Championship Games, 1 SB appearance and never had Michigan or Stanford offenses ranking within the 92's-100's?

Mind boggling to me; Eric Bieniemy is just as much of an offensive fraud as is Adam Gase and if Adam Gase doesn't deserve credit for an aging Peyton Manning breaking the NFL's All-Time record for most passing TDs within a single season as Denver's Offensive Coordinator?

Well then why the freak would you guys want to see us make the same mistake (twice) with Eric Bieniemy while giving him any type of credit for Mahomes?!?

It's disgusting to see Jet fans begging for this glorified RB coach.

#141 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

lol-I guess you're a social scientist or educator? Your lack of deductive reasoning is obvious so that eliminates science as your expertise.

"There's no other reason to explain it except racism"

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Your points are bad. Really bad.

Here's the thing though.

Andy Reid is a great HC. Andy Reid has an awesome coaching tree, that's shared a lot of success. EB is the OC under Andy Reid.

Andy Reid has went to bat for EB many times. Claims he will be a fantastic HC one day.

I think I will trust his evaluation over your biased evaluation.

Your points don't mean shit In terms of how good he actually Is as a coach.

You obviously are throwing shade because you want Jim Harbaugh so badly.

I am okay with either honestly.

..but you don't have to be a hater just because you desperately want someone else. It's silly.

Noam, K'OB and Jets_Grinch like this.
  4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Man, I just wish there was a person that we could promote from within. A younger person with knowledge/respect of the team that we could elevate to take over. Too lazy to check, was Beli the last HC that was already in place that was promoted to take over? Pete Carroll, maybe?

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Thanks I like the Titan guy also. Nice balance of run and pass. The bottom line look at what he's done with Tannenhill.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

His time at Eagles might be coming to an end. Not that there is any rumor that Eagles will fire him but this is just pure speculation on my part. Would you want him for us if he were to get sacked by Eagles?

P.S. You guys OK if we discuss well known HC candidates in their own separate thread?

nycarl and JetsKickAss like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It could be possible with the Douglas connection.

I wouldn’t hate it. That said, he hasn’t been the same without Frank Reich.

NYJFan10 likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nah I think Reich was the one who made the Eagles good.

papapump, Mogriffjr and jets_fan like this.
  9. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

10. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

No thanks.

Ive think the eagles lucked into that superbowl and dont think coach doug is a good HC here.

I dont think he'll be let go though, he'll more likley have a chance at 1 more qb. He has won a superbowl after all.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Positives:
    -He has HC experience
    -He has won a Super Bowl as a HC
    -He has gone to the playoffs in all but one year as HC
    -He and Douglas were both in the organization for a few years, so they probably know each other
    -He's shown a willingness to be aggressive

Negatives:
    -The Eagles haven't looked great since the Super Bowl win
    -Wentz has regressed
    -It looks like Reich was a big reason why they won it all
    -He might not be available

He'd be an intriguing option, but I have reservations.

NoodleArm and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Sign me up! Living down in the NJ/Philly area, I see them pretty often, he’s excellent at adjusting -see last year and the SB-when guys go down. Despite injuries, birds always in the mix for playoffs!
    That said, strongly doubt Laurie fires him, talent got old and injuries eroded roster

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I think that Pederson's problem is that he gave too much control to Wentz. Wentz isn't as good as he thinks he is, but he's too hyper-competitive to have Pederson control him as much as he needs. That's why Foles was better under him. I think Pederson would do better with someone like Lawrence, or even Darnold, who works better in tandem with the coach rather than being a gunslinger.

nycarl likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They're still in first place if I'm not mistaken.

I can't envision him getting fired.

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Didn't really work out the last time we hired a coach that just got fired.

The Dark Knight and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but I think this would be different. He’s a lot better and more accomplished than crazy eyes. Plus, his players like him

17. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Also didn't go to well last time we took an eagles coach that was just fired.

18. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Having said that I do like Pederson a bit. I wouldn't hate it.

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

It all really depends on the competition, right? I’d take Pederson over Gase. Probably would take Pederson over Jim Harbaugh given the Douglas connection. Would we take Pederson over, say, Bienemy? How about over Art Smith or Schotty? What if Matt Campbell was in the mix?

TL;DR: Lots to consider. Anyone is better than Gase.

Noam likes this.
  20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Different story. Neither one had gone 13-3 and won a Super Bowl with a backup QB, then returned the next year and went on a playoff run with the same backup QB.

I blame most of Pederson's woes on Wentz. The playcalling has been fine; Wentz is just too fast and loose with the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.