**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

McDaniels and the Broncos can go fuck themselves if they want Harris and a 1st rd pick for their problem child.

Moss went to the Pats for a 4th rd pick.
    TO went to the Eagles for a 5th rd pick and a scrub.

NO WAY can we make this deal.

NO.
    WAY.
    NO

2. HOI

HOI Active Member

If they deal Harris and a high draft pick for that asshole Marshall I'm going to be pissed. Who would replace Harris if he left? Week 1 starter?

The offer is crazy because McDaniels is an asshole, taught by an asshole. I do think that if they deal Marshall they have to get something GREAT in return. McDaniels already has himself in a shit storm because of the Cutler situation. If they let Marshall go and its not seen as a good deal in Denver those people are going to run him out of town. FAST

#442 HOI, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  3. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Yeah I'm not crazy about injury prone players myself. It doesn't matter how a good a player is if he can't be on the field consistently right Dan Morgan and John Abraham? He's had a knee injury in college and obviously last year with the groin issue. Also didn't he injure his foot/ankle in the last game vs the dolfags?

4. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

thats because they're the Pats!

if we wanted Moss it would have been a 2nd rounder and Moss would have been awful for us.

the eagles are also a successful organization despite the losing the NFC championship game every year.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

News Flash: Tannenbaum to drive to Denver to discuss Denver's trade request.

[​IMG]

6. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Honestly I'd give up Cotchery and 2nd for Brandon Marshall before I trade Harris. Essentially your upgrading from top 30-35 WR to a top 5 for a 2nd round pick. Not only that but Cotch replaces BM to a certain extent and they get a solid draft pick in return that will prbably wind up being in the middle of the 2nd..

I don't think Denver would want a Stuckey because he's unproven. I think this is better than say Stuckey and a 1st. Just throwing different ideas around.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Yeah, but two years earlier Randy Moss was traded for a starting MLB and a first round pick... hmm.... sounds familiar, no?

9. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

An elite receiver. Pro-bowl players don't grow on trees, you can argue that 95% of the teams in the league have elite receivers.

10. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

guys relax lol, rex ryan is a defensive minded coach, theres no way hes going to trade one of our starting middle linebackers, who has shown tremendous progress and ability in the preseason, for a wide receiver. no chance.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Completely different scenario. The Pats already had a team in place. A Championship team, in fact.

12. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Aren't pro bowl players elite at their position which is basically the same thing? Outside of course the obvious snubs(John Lynch over Rhodes)

13. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

A 2nd round pick should be good enough for Marshall, no Harris.

14. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I say he can got to another team. The guys got alot of talent but alot of baggage to go with that talent and the JETS don't that baggage to disrupt the team right now. I just don't know why the Jets didn't go for Holt when he was a free agent.

I also know you guys are going to bash me for say this but. I would rather see TO on this team than Marshall. I know TO has his own baggage but it proved year after year that he does make his QBs better.

15. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

this is what they're thinking over in Denver.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=149430

Most of these fans think they have all the leverage in the world with BM. funny how some of these dudes are even saying no to david harris cuz he's injury prone. completely insane.

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Everyone's got an opinion but I wouldn't take TO even when he was a young spring chicken. He defines the phrase locker room cancer. Not going to lie but I absolutely hate him lol

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

The Jets have the advantage in this whole deal. They are prepared to go into the season as a predominantly running attack oriented offense. The Jets stand to lose absolutely nothing, by not making a deal here. The longer Marshall stays on Denver's roster, the more likely he will become more of a malcontent, and the more likely the price will drop.

If some other team wants to swoop in with an offer of a 1st and a decent LB, then fine, but at this point in the season, with Marshall's habitual idiocy, I don't see any reason to go chasing cars and altering a part of the team that's already under duress from losing 2 starters in the first game, and one of which will be out for the next 3.

It's absurd. Sending Harris away right now is just not feasible, injury prone or not.

#457 JohnnyJohnson, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

You can't argue that. That's just flat wrong. I'm figuring that there must be a misunderstand of what "elite" means.

19. k311

k311 Member

i would like marshall, but that price is just too high. 2nd round pick tops.

20. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Green Hurricane do you know what position is deeper in next's year's draft between LB or WR?