**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

if that's the asking prices - then I am thankful Tanny did his diligence and now we can move on. There isn't even room for a discussion here. Any trade talk for Marshall that involves any defensive starter or a 1st round pick is just plain crazy talk.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that McDaniels lives in some fantasy world. Lay off the smack buddy.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Why all this talk about Harris being in a deal for Marshall? Has this been rumored as being part of the deal?

4. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

They can have Harris and a 1st for Marshall, Royal, DJ Williams, Champ Bailey and Ryan Clady.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd give them a 2nd, Clemens and Stuckey. I think that's a legit fair deal.... I take back what I previously said about being okay with a 1st rounder for Marshall. He's damaged his rep too much to risk a 1st rounder, 2nd I'm okay with.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

A 1st and Harris is too much for Marshall. Can't do it. If they do it, that's going to be a shit deal, IMO.

They need a QB more than they need an LB, so its kinda nuts. But hey, they guy is going to start Orton with a shredded finger, and has already alienated 2 of his best players, one of which has already got the F outta dodge and the other is on his way out because there's obviously a trust issue with McDumbass.

Out of all the people that have fallen out of the BB coaching tree, McDunce is proving to be the worst of them all. Sending Harris there would be like exiling him to a prison island filled with morons.

7. Mickens24

Mickens24 Member

Those recievers aren't Jets.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You missed the point but whatever.

Different offenses, different eras.

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Oh.....you guys didnt hear? Its legal to smoke crack in Denver now. Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels celebrated before fielding a phone call with the Jets.

if they trade Harris and any pick at all theyre fucking retarded. Harris will be a starter for the next decade barring injury. hes too important to what Rex Ryan is trying to do. furthermore i think ive made it clear how i feel. great player, but hes a walking suspension.

let him rot in Denver with McDaniels. seriously.

keep dreaming madden fans, i hope we just sit on our picks and continue to build this team.

let Marshall continue to train for UFC on his girlfriend filming Coors Light commercials

10. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Yes

/filler

11. kleckotheman

kleckotheman Member

No Harris...but work the deal Tanny

Brandon Marshall is exactly what the Jets (and mostly Sanchez) needs. The difference for Eli Manning having a 6'6" Plax and not having one is incalculable.

Sanchez will have a 25 yr old 6"4" 220 lb physical freak with glue for hands. His accuracy goes up by 15% just with him to throw to.

Is he a headcase? Absolutely. You know who else are proven headcases? Ochocinco, T.O., Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Steve Smith, Andre Rison, Plaxico. Heck even Marvin Harrison had off field issues and both Boldin and Houshmanzadeh had contract issues.

The fact is for some reason the WR position is filled with prima donnas and narcissists. I hate it. But I hate losing more. And having a matchup nightmare like Marshall in your lineup is a difference maker offesively.

I guess that's how Ryan earns his keep.

I would offer a 3rd conditionally that could be a #1 if he stays on the field and produces plus a future #2. And I'd add Clowney (they would need a WR back). That seems fair given his baggage and their position.

12. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

The offer in the news is Harris and a first for the headcase.

Still interested?

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Tanny should call back with a counter-offer of a glass pipe and some soap chips.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

its just a negotiation.first it was a 1st and 3rd then 1st and 4th now harris and a 1st.
    when they drop to something we like and hope no one jumps in front,we snag him.

if not fuck off mcdaniels

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I was talking about trading Harris for a 1st round pick, not Marshall. How did you mix that up?

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Agreed. It will come to the point were they might HAVE to move him because he's gonna go ape shit. We'll see....

17. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

A first and harris would be tough to swallow but whats easier to find in the draft a pro bowl linebacker or an elite reciever. Harris could be replaced next year in the draft or we could sign somebody but guys like Marshall dont just come around every year.

18. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

David Harris has been all over the place this preseason and I love him, BUT, I do fear he is injury prone. I don't know if he is or not yet, but it is certainly a lingering shadow. Personally, I don't care how talented a player is, if he is injury prone I want him off the team. But that's just me. So, I can see a case for all this, but I KNOW David Harris, I don't know Brandon marshall.

Also: keep hearing in my head: Rex Ryan would be surprised if Jamal Westerman DIDN'T make an impact this year.

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Why don't the Jets just leak that they're in negotiations with somebody else. Harrison, Toomer etc. That way it would make it seem like we've "moved on" and that might make Denver antsy and lower the price.

20. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they will include harris in a deal for marshall. Well at least I hope they don't.