Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

for 3 qtrs i'm thinkin,there has to be someone getting open downfield. He has never been good at reading,he has tunnel vision. I'm just getting tired of it.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So he scored a grand total of 0 points in the first half? Remember, he had a fantastic field position for a few times (starting at their 38, for instance.)

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Listen, at the end of the day, you just cannot win playing that type of offense. You can't refuse to throw the ball down the field against a team with all their defense hurt and win the game. Chad is a good guy but he can't throw and that's it. Their play selecton today made Hackett look like Air Coryell. He gets picked short cause the defense doesn't play off any of the receivers. And truthfully, the way Buffalo was defending,, if the Jets took a shot for the endzone, which on one hand probably isn't the play but on the other hand, the Jets would have had a wide open receiver. The Buffalo defense were jumping every route at the end.

And another problem with Chad is HE'S A STATISTCAL QB.... HE ALWAYS HAS A VERY DECEIVING PASSER RATING. HE ALWAYS HAS A VERY DECEIVING COMPLETION PERCENTAGE CAUSE HE DUMPS THE BALL OFF TO THE BACKS ALMOST EVERY PLAY. YOU LOOK AT HIS NUMBERS AT THE END OF THESE GAMES AND HE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS BIG GAMES WHEN IN TRUTH, IT'S NOT THE CASE AT ALL.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

As much as I love Chad's personality and drive, I see the pure talent we have at wideout and it makes me scream out loud at these dump offs. It's as if Chad doesn't even trust these guys to haul one in past medium range.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Clemens is the QB next season.

6. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

And we just regress completely this season with Chad and nothing to show for it?

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Tell me about it..

Not to mention the hospital balls he delivers to them over, and over, and over.... I don't want to see Cotch or Coles forced into early retirement because they had to take too many hits over the years.....

I don't think it's so much that Chad doesn't trust them to haul it in, I think it's more that he doesn't trust himself to deliver it to them.....

Notable quote from Chad's post game press conference on that final INT..

"I saw the defender playing him inside... I tried to push the ball outside and out of bounds.... It came out wrong, as soon as I threw it I was really hoping Justin would get up there and bat it down...."

There's so much stuff in there that I object to.... I don't even want to go into it....

8. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

The fact of the matter is that we let an unknown rookie QB carve up our D, and our offensive line, even with 2 1st rd picks in it, is subpar. Can't blame Chad for everything. Thomas Jones our PRIZED acquisition, 12-35. Where is the help for Chad? We have no pass rush, and doubt we could sack a Pop Warner QB. This 3-4 has to go...

9. NEJets

NEJets Member

[
    Classic....
    When you have special team TDs, defense TDs.
    Chad was great -- according all Chad lovers. The only problem was we didn't have special team TD, nor defense TD. We can blame both special team and defense.

QUOTE=MisterMoss;650533]Chad always wins when the Jets score more points than their opponent.[/QUOTE]

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

How Chad is like a fat chick...

He has a great personality but fails to deliver the goods.

11. silent scream

Thats all valid, but we have the apparent "future" on the bench and a shitty team this year. What are we waiting for? Chad is not part of the long term future of this team so he needs to take a back seat now while they rebuild.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

any truth to the rumor that the bills asked the refs to check the balls after the picks for helium? :eek:hmy: :rofl2:

13. silent scream

I don't find Chad attractive when I'm drunk so I don't see the comparison.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The Fairness Doctrine applies here. Any woman on this board is allowed to post a thread entitled: "Why our defense is like a big, fat, unemployed guy who lives with his mom."

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

exactly.

how did Chad not have enough time? the running game was mediocre and the pass protection was sufficient.

stop making excuses.

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I understand, and along with you hope that Clemens will be our future QB, however, I am sick and tired of all you Jet fans killing Chad as if he is the only reason why this team is under-performing.

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

They only scored 17 points. Scoring 20 to beat them is not asking too much. That's not a lot of points for a real NFL QB that can hit a receiver downfield.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

They only scored 17 with our QB giving them the ball in the red zone once.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ya gotta luv it!!! :up:

20. TUJETSFAN

TUJETSFAN New Member

After watching the game today... Clemens needs to come in. The line played halfway decent and Chad CAN'T move the ball down the field. I know Chad is a winner when starting... BUT its time for a change. Tommy Maddox was a winning QB to when Cowher made the change... look what happened.

The JETS might possibly have TWO OF THE TOP 10 recievers in the league... all going to waste.