Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

What did the Bills do to our passing game? Chad will have a top 5 QB rating this week.

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Chad was completely and utterly outplayed by a rookie QB today. Meanwhile, our D is getting killed, though even in loss they played better than the Bills D.

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I think that's the point I've reached. Over time, mind you.

It's not as much that I think he isn't a good quarterback. It's that I've come to the conclusion that his soft arm will never allow him to be a championship quarterback. So, if that's where I'm at, the logical progression tells me that we either move on and try someone else, or resign ourselves to a first round playoff loss - every third year.

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

It still would have been better than forcing it... Tuck it, there's still 8 or 9 seconds, spike it, and kick the FG

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ain't that a bitch??? Stats make him a top 5 QB but the reality is, absolutely No one fears Chad's ability to stretch the field. Sad thing is, even his own OC won't trust Chad to stretch the field..

Friggin Pathetic SOJ Day!!!! :mad:

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

:rofl2: :rofl2: :lol: Perfect!

7. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

How about the fact that he threw three passes in the drive that gained us a total of about 15 yards. One timeout under two minutes left you can't have three plays that get you5 yards a pop in the middle of the field

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I agree. Yes, the numbers are good, but the defense we played isn't very good at all.

We have 2 weapons at receiver. We have a solid runningback. The line isn't great, but he had time to throw today all day. Yet there was a checkdown, followed by another checkdown, followed by another checkdown, etc, etc.

We are 1-3. We do not look like a playoff team. Start Clemens, if for no other reason than he's the future and we need to see what we have in him.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It was certainly a team loss... of course alot of people will try and pin the whole enchilada on Chad, but that is because they are brainless, knee-jerking reactionaries.

The truth is, Chad had a decent day up until he threw 2 picks. But that doesn't excuse the fact that the defense only showed up for one frickin series all game, and that the kicker missed a much needed FG. Chad played his part in this loss, but it was still a team effort losing today.

10. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

Some of you know nothing

everyone who is just bashing chad is using chad as a cop out.... if you knew anything about football its pathetic how terrible our defense is.

your offense cant score if you cant get the ball... buffalo sustained drives over 6 minutes... the offense had no more than 3/4 possessions the first half... we have no pressure on the quarterback

we let a rookie qb tear us apart...our d-line sucks... d rob got pushed across half the field of Lynch's touchdown...chads the least of our worries...

11. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

The intelligence of this post ranks up there with the best of them. Whoever hopes the Jets lose week to week should just go and be a glory fan of the Steelers, Pats, Cowboys, etc.

Losing permeates everything. Were you a fan of the Kotite Jets or later Coslet years, or Joe Walton's finest years or Lou Holtz's finest year? Losing does not beget winning.

12. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahahahah

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the reality is the bills stacked the box against jones because they don't fear getting beat deep. neither does anyone else. they only beat miami due to a td kickoff return.

today, noodle couldn't light up an 0-3 team with a defense riddled with injuries.
    and, he threw 2 lolipop passes to hand them, what, 10 points?
    he was outplayed by a rookie playing his first start.....:sad: :eek:hmy:

14. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I agree for the most part. Pennington was not the issue today. The defense was as shitty as I've seen in a long time, and the pass rush was at the center of it.

15. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Yes the defense has issues, but the defense stopped the run and forced two turnovers, and Chad did NOTHING with those two turnovers. I admire Chad for his toughness and heart, but he just can't lead quick drives that score and he can't hit the intermediate routes. If there was ever time for a change its now.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now put the pipe down for a minute. You can't play offense when the defense consistently stacks 8 in the box because your Qb can't throw a damn ball pass 10 yards without a tailwind.

Quit deflecting the blame. We can't run because our OLine is always facing 8 man fronts. Other teams simply wait on your hero to throw yet another "touch pass" aka: the floatie so they can jump the route.

You can continue to make excuses for Pennington, but you'll be seeing the same thing week after week until he's replaced.

17. God forbid, Chad be included in any negative conotations when discussing what it will take for this piss poor franchise to win a super bowl long term..

18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

The time of possession was nearly even....

The defense let up 17 points, 7 of those with a very short field after Chad's pick....

They were NOT good, but Chad contributed more to the loss than they did....

Infact, in ANY game in which the winning team scores fewer than 20 points, you can generally point at the offense as the reason for the loss, no the defense...

19. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

I think even the most adamant Chad supporters agree that Clemens is the future. Well, this year is not going to net us anything rewarding so why are we sticking with Chad at this point?

It's not just mindlessly bashing the guy, we need to make some wholesale changes and it starts at QB.

20. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

17 points... which we should have had.... should have been enough against that offense... evans had 27 yards all year... and its not because of losman... its our defense the score would have been 60 something to 14 if we played the colts/cowboys or any offense