Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You really take Junc seriously. :rofl:

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Exactly.

I want to say, while not a Chad supporter, I did not mind him as the starting QB. I am now in the camp of saying sayonara, goodbye good riddance. Start KC this is not going to be a playoff season, so take a step back to go two steps further. I am completely cool with rebuilding especially after the complete disaster this team was after 2005............... and yes there is rebuilding in the NFL. Anyone that says otherwise is not too smart.

3. letsgochad

letsgochad New Member

chad is done? how about the defense making 3 of the worst qb's in the league look like pro-bowlers the last three weeks

(kyle boller, trent green, and trent edwards)

4. winstonbiggs

The D stinks and I would be all for starting every 1st day pick that was sitting on this team at NT, DE, OLB, ILB, Guard, RT you name it. Unfortunately we don't have young studs sitting behind mediocre starters in any of those positions but we do at QB.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

<Cough><Cough> David Harris <Cough><Cough>

6. winstonbiggs

Harris made a nice hard hit on Sunday and Vilma was outright awful on Sunday. Champ has been ridiculed about Vilma but for a guy who is thought of as a defensive stud he plays like a total finesse player, no mean streak at all and he doesn't seem to like mixing it up.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He is not stout at the point of attack and Harris is. However, I think it is Barton more in danger of losing playing time not Vilma.

BTW Vilma was brutal yesterday. That facemask play and a play where he let Lynch get a first down to name two in particular.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And how about one of the most injury-plagued defenses in the league making Chad look like Rex Grossman?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Vilma does seem to make a lot of tackles being driven back on his ass. He gets the guy down but there are definitely yards in there that should not happen at times. Well, read that as "would not happen against Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel and the like."

10. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I think Mangini needs to understand that majority of this defense has played 4-3 under herm edwards, I know herm sucks at head coach but he can create a nasty defense which he did and we had a few years ago, one of the best D's in football, now they change it up to 3-4 and it hasent been working last season or this one....why!? allthey should of did this offseason was get DL's and OL's thats it. Screw Jones, with a good Oline Washington would be just as nasty, and Jones cant carry teams, a good OLine will carry him, like it did in chicago, but they get no respect.

11. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

You Know The Funniest Thing In The World Was That Chad Pennington Played Against 7.....count Them...7 Backups On The Bills Defense And Still Could'nt Put The Ball In The Air. Chad Pennington Is An F Ing Loser!!!!!!!

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Also the plays I mentioned he was not trying to shed a guard and make a play, which was a huge knock on him. He had several plays where he was unhindered and just did not make them. There is no excuse for a supposed elite defensive player to not make plays in those spots given that the common excuse is he has a guard in his face every play. Which was not true yesterday for the most part.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

All Chad does is win.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

To alot of people on this board, Chad has NEVER lost a game. The Kicker loses games. The Defense loses games. All Chad does is win...:mad:

What a bunch of BS!! :mad:

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree--If Justin cement hands could catch, Clemens would not have returned to the bench. Enuf of Chad's lollypops. His passes look slower than ever.

16. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

The Jets played too conservative yesterday and that's another reason why they lost. How many passes were thrown deep, 3, 4?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Do the words check down mean anything?

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Bah! I don't even know who you are anymore. :)

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

frrom the rochester d&c:

Losman had the misfortune of suffering a knee injury before he got a chance to play at home Sunday against the lousy New York Jets.

He mostly struggled in season-opening losses to Denver and Pittsburgh before being knocked out of action on a borderline cheap shot early in the loss to New England.

Rookie Trent Edwards made his starting debut Sunday against the punchless Jets and did a fine job. But let?s keep things in perspective. The Bills won by only 17-14 against one of the worst teams in the NFL. Would they have scored any less with Losman at QB?

they would have scored more. remember the second game last year at the jets?:shit:

somebody send this message to the genius: enough with the duck thrower.

if clemens isn't ready, start tui. at least he has an arm that can challenge a defense deep down the field. jones can't do much with 8 or 9 guys in the box.:mad:

20. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

Ive been a Chad pennington is the best qb on our roster and gives us the best chance to win guy ever since chad stepped onto the field. After the giant game and the rest of this season i realized one thing.. We need to bench chad. Now im not saying hes playing horrible or anything but its just so dam easy for these cornerbacks to jump on his routes. We have no ability to stretch the field and without a good power running game/defense we basically put ourselves in the whole. Chads arm is just to weak to be a starter in the nfl.PERIOD. Ive also been noticing recently that he throws alot of pick six's, mostly because of the ball floating in the air for so long. If we didnt have a pretty good recieving core with athletic recievers we wuldnt have won any games. I can promise you that by the end of the season chad wont be our starter but im saying we shuld be kellen in now instead of letting chad self destruct any longer.