Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Don, your posting was tolerable now it is just plain atrocious. Revis was getting picked on because Dyson was finally back playing. There is no David barret playing the other side!

He was getting beat because the qb HAD AN HOUR AND A HALF EVERY FREAKING THROW. Funny how the "stud" made the play when it when it mattered most. Not that you would add that, as it would make your horrible post lose any shred of credibility it so richly did not deserve.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You totally miss my point. It was that we needed to fix both our lines first and until we do any other player we get will be eaten alive. So we agree in the cause but choose to say it differently.

3. Gator

Gator Active Member

I agree here. It had nothing to do with home field, it had nothing to do with BUffalos offense "shredding us". You're exactly right. It's about Chad not being able to zip one to the sideline like Eli can, like Cutler can........like Clemens can. Chad may do other things well, but he can't do that so he'll always have trouble, no matter who or where he's playing.

By comparison, the 4 o'cock game yesterday on in NY, Indy was absolutely 'shredding' Denver yesterday. Way worse than Buffalo was shredding us becuase theirs was to the tune of 38 points. Still, Denver put up 20 points. We put up 14. That ain't gonna get it done.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Then please say that. Revis was not a bad pick at all. This guy is going to be a player, as will Harris, who is already the best ILB we have, by far. These were players that were needed. If the FO did not pick them this year it certainly would have been needed next anyhow.

This is a rebuilding team. If that is not obvious I do not know what is. Those picks are excellent so far.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

exactly.

you can say the lines were more important, and they were. but you can't say Revis and Harris were bad picks because those were positions of need also.

there were/are too many holes to fill in just one draft. obviously, we need to improve both lines and since we already have a CB and ILB of the future, the lines will be the main focus this Offseason. but beware near-sighters, not every other hole will be filled this Offseason; it just can't happen when there are so many needs.

6. Don

Will they still be here when we have finally rebuilt? The term rebuilding in the NFL is a joke.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The ball came out funny?

Then why was there even a Jets receiver in the vicinity of where it came down?

With Chad saying something like that, it forces me to say with finality that he's done.

Having a bad game is one thing. Even something like yesterday where he didn't have a terrible game, but just didn't get it done is somewhat acceptable as a Jets fan. But flat out lying to everyone?

Come on Chad. Be a frigging man about it and admit you threw a stupid pass, after not being able to get your team into position to win or tie. Anyone watching that game knew damn well you were trying to make the play, and threw yet another floater.

I was on your side for a long time, but as I said earlier, I'm sick of losing. New England is a Super Bowl favorite. Baltimore still might have a strong defense. But Buffalo?

Buffalo?

It's almost freaking Canada Chad! And most of the time they play like it's the CFL.

Your time is done. Good-bye, and thanks for the memories.

8. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This seemed like an appropriate place to post this...

[​IMG]

9. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Not comparing the 2 by any means . But their were similar posts of benching Chad for Bolinger before , thats why I brought it up. My point is the team sucks and its not because of the Qb. lok at the Ravens they won a Superbowl with Trent friggin Dilfer

10. Don

I would agree with that. It's not just the QB. It everything. There isn't a single part of this team that is any good anymore. Even special teams which were always great have taken a few steps backwards this year.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Trent Dilfer had a better 9 games in 2000 than Chad had last year and he had a better arm. He also played on a team that had a great defense, not good, great. Since Baltimore won the SB the rules have changed even more to favor the passing game. We don't score enough points, we don't attack defenses all over the field, we have had 3 OC with Chad and our O always looks essentially the same because of one constant a QB who is afraid or unable to attack down the field and in particular outside down the field which was very evident in our 2 minute Offense yesterday.

The Jets currently have more decent talent on O than we do on D, we may actually have a great WR in Cotchery on the team right now. The strength of our team is being wasted. By the time our D even has a slight resemblance to the 2000 Ravens D, Chad might well be taking a long dirt nap let alone be a starting caliber NFL quarterback.

By the way before his collarbone injury Dilfer was better than Chad.

#271 winstonbiggs, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The Ravens had one of the best defenses to every set foot on a field.

If Chad had a defense like that, hell, if I had a defense like that, it almost assures a Super Bowl win.

Yes, the defense is a problem, but even with a top 10 defense, this team will still struggle against the better teams.

Chad's not the sole problem, but he is a problem, and all problems need addressing.

13. winstonbiggs

A rebuilding team needs to have a franchise QB to give the team, the entire team including management a sense of urgency to get the job done. With Chad as the QB the team is limited in where it goes and how it get's there it will sap the energy that a young QB with a gunslinger mentality will give to this entire organization.

The Jets are a team that lacks any spark on either side of the ball right now and having the O revolve around a pop gun dink and dunk O will not inspire this team to grow to it's potential.

As screwed up as the Giants are, If Eli continues to perform and grow that is a franchise with a future with pressure on it to get the right people in place including the coaches. Franchises without a spark become long term losers and this franchise can't allow that right now going into a new stadium with big time PSL's on the horizon. Either Clemens will prove he is the guy or we will draft one with the No. 1 pick next year or Mangini will be gone in 2 years.

14. The Uniform Bomber

yeah, it's like the Chad defenders think we blame Chad for everything.

obviously, the lines are poor, the overall Defense is poor, the running game is poor, the Special Teams isn't what it was...

but Chad is also a problem, and a big problem at that. why is this so hard to understand?

15. letsgochad

letsgochad New Member

playcalling

wheres the play-calling from last year on both sides of the ball, we have talented players, there is no play-action which is one of chad's strengths and no plays down the field

the dump-offs work well, but you gotta mix it up, and run the freaking ball

there are much bigger problems that chad, look at the first half of the ravens game, the o line sucked, and the defense made KYLE BOLLER look like PEYTON MANNING

16. winstonbiggs

Chad checked down so much yesterday it's hard to tell how many down field plays were actually called and never executed.

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I counted, of his TWENTY-SEVEN completed passes of less than 10 yards, 3 Designed Screens, Where, he didn't look downfield first before checking down....

I'm sure at least a couple of those other dump offs may have been designed, but I'll guarantee you that the majority of those 24 passes were intended to go elsewhere...

18. winstonbiggs

What was amazing is so many of them happened when he wasn't under any pressure to dump the ball at all.

19. Beamen

Beamen New Member

He had a LOT of time yesterday.... But you could see him go through his progression, identify that he couldn't make the throws to the first couple options, and turn to the RB, who was coming out of the backfield on a delay, over and over

20. The Uniform Bomber

What's more amazing is that Junc begs to differ, when you can clearly see on screen that Chad had time to throw.

and the WR's couldn't possibly be covered downfield every time.

which means it's evident Chad is scared to make those throws or simply knows he can't

which means that he's done.