NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

the overwhelming vibe from people is like we're down 2-1 on our way to an "either-way" game 7. But we're not, if the team shows up tonight we'll be up 2-1. I think the players & fans alike all underestimated pittsburgh as a cakewalk. Rangers are much better but the Penguins are still a top tier team, they need to be respected and we still have to go out there and earn the wins

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

if they would have lost that game in different fashion I wouldn't be as concerned (ya know like totally dominate but have a few bounces not go your way), they've really played one good period of hockey in this series. If they would score on a friggin PP I wouldn't be as concerned either.

GordonGecko and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was telling my Penguins fan friend that yesterday. He expected a Rangers sweep now expects Penguins in 5. What a bi-polar guy. Anyway, I said if the Rangers had any kind of a Powerplay they win both games by 3+ goals each. Besides the 1st period of Game 1, the Rangers have played awful. Still the series is tied 1-1 and the Rangers only lost Game 2 4-3. Definitely not a time to panic, as the Rangers are far superior, but they need to come out tonight and show it.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with you more. Let us consider the following:

1) The Penguins are giving away countless Power Play chances, because they can not keep up with this team. This will not change
    2) Do we need to discuss how good this team is on the road?
    3) Lundqvist gave up four goals on Saturday. Do you have any idea how good he is historically after a bad game?

Can we please stop the all-out panic?

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

for #1, yes I expect that will change dramatically in Games 3 & 4, which will mean more Cindy on the ice........that's been a moot point anyway as far as Ranger offense goes because they cannot score.
    for #2, regular season and playoffs.........2 different animals.
    for #3, Hanks time off is showing.........anyway the goals weren't really his fault, too many Penguins too close to him.

I'm not panicked after Game 2, I was panicked before Game 1 ; )

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Again we went 1-7 in the powerplay. Yes we sucked, but lets reflect at how badly undisciplined the Pens are. The Rangers need to be on the same page and push this and can use it as a advantage

7. GordonGecko

turtle third, but got the W!

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Whew....

Man Crosby is a cheap shot artist.

matt robinson 17 and joe like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Crosby is such a bitch.. He thinks he's all tough hitting the king after its blown dead but flops and cries like a pussy when he gets touched.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Totally.

Did anyone see that bizarre "Crappola!" sign off by John Gianonne at the end of the post-game report? While at rinkside in the empty arena, Gianonne was describing the game, saying how everything was going hunky-dory for the Rangers and how quiet the home crowd was……but then when he started referring to the last 6 minutes of the game he turned away from the camera, stared out onto the ice and started to chirp "crappola!" as the camera suddenly cut him off. Guy sounded like he lost his marbles.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That third period sucked, but those first 2 periods...Wow that was President's Cup worthy best in the game effort.

We need that for sure...We can't let these teams stick around and we need to get more goals...Rangers never win games by more then 2 goals in the playoffs lol

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I forgot who it was.. maybe Hags.. was on a fastbreak to make it 3-0 and he missed. That woulda been icing on the cake. Instead a few minutes later Pittsburgh scores to cut the deficit in half.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Cindy (bitch) needs a beating, 5 minute elbow to McD no call...he's engaged with Dom Moore at the end Kunitz (piece of shit) jumps DM no 3rd man in game misconduct...good road playoff win, 54 minutes of domination and then went to sleep in the last 6 minutes and let the assholes back in...

Walt White likes this.
  14. matt robinson 17

15. GordonGecko

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good game last night. Rangers came out rocking. Again, if not for a weak PP, they are dominating this series. Funny, all 3 games have gone the same way. One of the teams dominates for most of the game, the other team plays pretty bad, yet the winning team barely skates by with a 1 goal win. Interesting.

17. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

here's the good news, the rangers still have not played at top end yet and are still winning this series. i feel that penguin monkey
    slowly dissipating away now, much like the capitals monkey they have ridded themselves of. remember when hank would face 50 plus shots , stand on his head and theyd still lose 2-1, those days are over, now after last year and hopefully this series, that fuckin' headache penguin stigma will be gone!! i really hate them!
    the mopst hateable team in the league. more than the flyers of the 70's even, and thats saying something.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. matt robinson 17

I don't hate any NHL team except for them and the NHL poster child bitch

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

my man. you may have gone overboard a bit with the comparison to the 70s Flyers teams.

joe likes this.
  20. matt robinson 17

NHL Public Relations@PR_NHL · 15h 15 hours ago
    When teams are tied 1-1 in a best-of-7 #StanleyCup Playoffs series, the winner of Game 3 holds an all-time series record of 189-92 (67.3%).