NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

WTF was McDonagh doing on the PP? Just coasting down the middle like Ladi daaaa giving up the SH... PA THE TIC!!!!!

2. Royal Tee

He can't do it on his own but if there were ever a time for him to wake the fuk up....

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

RT...the NHL should be investigated with their concussion rehab program because its obvious with his play that MAC is not all there upstairs right now..and hasnt been since he came back. The guy shouldnt be on the ice. I have never seen a guy deteriorate like he has in the playoffs. With all the crap that this team has played the past few games, he is without a doubt not into the game mentally.

Something is very wrong.

As far as Nash...St. Louis..and Stepan..they should give their paychecks back for this series. They are totally useless. Stepan is a joke right now. If Stepan is your number 1 center for you number 1 line, then this team doesnt deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

They have 20 minutes to get their game back. 20 minutes to see if this team has any heart...any brains at all. The first 2 periods are some of the worst playoff hockey I have ever seen by any team. The giveaways...the passing...the decision making in their own zone...I have never seen a team play that bad in the playoffs in the 40 years I have been watching playoff hockey.

This is without a doubt the worst performance I have ever seen and for that many guys to go sour all at once, lets call it what it is..its a choke job in its worst form.

And King...go break your stick over your own head...because you have some set of balls showing up your own team by breaking sticks and showing up your own teammates.

Your not a king..your a very good goalie at times..period. So save the dramatics.

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Royal Tee

^^ This ^^

5. Royal Tee

These refs are fuking GARBAGE!!
    Missed Boarding, Missed offsides, calling an Icing when we clearly had the adv to retrieve the puck...
    Horrible

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rangers are pathetic...We are done. Im out.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

and one more thing....I was against torts in the end..but A.V. is getting a major pass right now and its not deserved. Some of the fault for execution..for not making any real adjustments etc has to go to him. The power play, which has sucked for years, has to be blamed a bit on him. While Sather should rot and die a slow death with this roster, the H.C. should be held accountable when a team like the Penguins is able to come up with a game plan to counter the Rangers ability to make the Penguins pay for their aggressive pressing on both even strength and on the power play.

The Penguins are being discussed on defense as if they were the 85 Bears. When you cant point out 2 or 3 players at least that are playing solid hockey, that finger has to go to the coach. Nash...Stepan...S.L....MAC...Richards..the list goes on and on with players who have truly sucked..some of that has to go to the H.C. who has done nothing it seems to counter the Penguin game plan.

In fact, its tough to even pinpoint what the Penguins have done differently to shutdown this team. Many Ranger teams that have folded right around now have at least played hard but listening to the post game bullshit and the A.V. press conference on how the effort is there...I dont see that effort at all. Rarely can you say a HOCKEY team has given up but this has choke and given up written all over it. That has to be put at the H.C.'s feet you would think?

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I agree with a lot of this except the parts where you say " a team like this" referring to the Pens--as if theyre not better than the Rangers and also when you the Rangers are " choking" as if the Rangers are better than the Pens.

You do realize the Pens are the better team right? Malkin and Crosby DOMINATED last night. Every time they were on the ice, they OWNED the puck. Throw in Kunitz and Letang and right there they have more talent than our entire roster.

Derek Stepan is our number 1 center!!! Brassard is our second best center??? We have the talent of a team that should lose in the 2nd round.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Whe in God's name are we gonna stop drafting guys like JT Miller, Brandon Dubinsky, Stepan, Ryan Callahan, jesper Fast et al and find ourselves a few real legitimate starts. Some fuckin goal scorers. We haven't drafted a goal scorer since Tony fucking Amonte!!!11

11. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I would take Bdub over everyone on that list.

12. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That is downright Scary.

13. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I laugh when I read that too. Rangers are not choking, Pens are the better team. Just look at the Rangers team stats from this season, our top guy was Zucc and he would be 4th or 5th in points on the Pens. The lack of scoring and depth is just too much here.

And just think, the teams out west are a lot better then the Pens.

14. HackettSuxTNG

As frustrating as it was to watch the product on the ice last night, even more frustrating was the ignorance being displayed by the fans in section 210. Among the garbage I heard repeated over and over:

1) "If Henrik Lundqvist was a great goalie, he would have found a way to carry the team." Really? I LOVE Mike Richter, but did HE carry that team to a cup? If so, why did Brian Leetch win the Conne Smythe trophy?

2) "If Callahan was still here, we would be beating these guys?" Really? St. Louis tallied 7 points in the first round, which was a seven game series against the Flyers. I agree he failed to show up for Round 2 (As did so many others), and should be criticized for that, but you can easily argue that if it wasn't for St. Louis, this team does not get past the Flyers. In addition, what did Ryan Callahan contribute to the Lightning in the playoffs? 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points -2, team swept. Poor scoring aside, getting swept doesn't say much for leadership on the ice.

3) "This team never recovered after they got rid of Avery". This comment is so ignorant, I will not even respond to it. Yet there it was getting said over and over and over.

I can not wait to change my seats for next season.

15. HackettSuxTNG

Right now the Canadians are playing way better hockey than the Pens. I'm not saying they have more talent, but what they have is playing better hockey.

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Here is something i've learned from playing hockey for years, when your team is playing well (loose, confident) good things/lucky just seem to happen. Look at the Malkin goal or the one that went off Staal's leg. This is all becuase the Pens are in that zone.

Rangers over thinking every pass, shot and it's showing.

17. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

It goes hand and hand with what I just posted. They had 7 players this season with over 40 pts. Playoff hockey above any other sport is momentum, that's why we see so many upsets in hockey. Right now, Montreal is on fire and have stud blueline and goalie.

18. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Richter had such shity stats, most people only remember the 94 season cause he won a cup. That was the best season of his career.

19. HackettSuxTNG

Richter also had a better core of defensemen infront of him

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jim!!!!.....it looks like the ice is tilted towards the Rangers end!!!

Jim!!!!....Marty SanLouie's handing pucks away like they're Christmas cookies!!

Jim!!!!.....Crosby went around the Rangers like they were a bunch of wooden Indians!!

#12720 joe, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014