NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We are the deeper team, with a better set of dmen and the better goalie, give the effort and we will prove we are the better team...

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have been busy, but I did watch Game 1 Friday night and loved the end. Scored twice in OT. Haha. Continue to be physical against the Pens and the Rangers should be fine. Crosby has to show up one game soon though, right?

3. matt robinson 17

Cindy Is too busy diving to play hockey, started his act early in game 1, cheap shotting Zucc and Brass came over and nailed him

4. matt robinson 17

Strals to the PP point

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

this. fucking this god damn it step on their throats stop with the passive stuff, kick em when they're down

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rangers haven't won a game 2 in like series 7 series or something. It changes tonight!!!!!!!!

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We looked gassed out there tonight...Got outplayed and outhustled and those shots we took were terrible.

And no powerplay goals again...Man we need a a big win tomorrow. A pit it was Henrik's best tonight

8. GordonGecko

not a game they were supposed to win, but still, WTF Dorsett on that penalty. Hank would have had a shut out going without that and without his own D man putting the puck in the net

9. matt robinson 17

PP is so bad it kills any momentum we have, it's like tying a cinder block to your ankle while you're swimming in the ocean...same shit every year

10. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Totally, I did expect Pittsburgh to come out guns blazing though. I was happy with taking on in Pitts, we need a win tonight.

11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Strahlman absolutely sucks. If you really want an offensive D-Man on the point, why not put Diaz out there?!?!

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

And that's why I said we need to relax. Hank finally gave us an elite performance last night and we squandered it.

Stepan and Hagelin continue to be absolutely invisible. Dorsett shouldn't see the ice until October at this point.

Girardi and McD are shells of themselves right now.

PP? yaaaa right.

We're tired. Not good. Looks like itll take 7 games to win this one too which means we'll be completely dead for Boston/Montreal.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Stralman shoots right at the goalie's logo in the chest. Its annoying

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I know tonight NBC will be riding MAF and Crosby's dik. MAF is horrible Rangers never even tested him last night.

15. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Or miss 10 feet wide.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

WE NEED KREIDER!

AWAKEN THE KREIDER!!!

17. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i was grounded after Friday nights win and I'm awfully proud of them for splitting. Chris Le Tang makes so many miscues out there I was really bummed the rangers couldn't capitalize on any of them. he's truly a liability out there for the pens at the defensive position, and rightly so given what transpired this year, but the rangers have to bury pucks, the pens looked a lot more like the pens yesterday, hank was awesome. Nash is still missing, if he doesn't score the rangers cannot win this series, they just aren't as good a team in the end, not saying the boys cant win but if it comes down to a shootout, I don't like our chances in that type of game.

last night's Ranger powerplays brought to you by XANAX, the relaxed and aloof powerplay!

18. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

not sure why everyone's all over Stralman, it aint his fault eveyone else sucks on the pp and they resort to putting him out there. He's playing better D than Girardi and Mac, that's for sure. gotta go check Mac's stats, feels like he and Girardi on on the ice for every GA this series (maybe lone exception of 2nd goal last night), and in Girardi's case, deflecting them by Hank. Stralman is out there to play D, and he and Staal are doing a pretty good job of that.

19. GordonGecko

yeah stralman has been good in the playoffs

20. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

besides, if we're looking at Stralman for offensive production to save them, might as well fold up the tent. Stepan has decided to grab the torch as the invisible man on offense right now. Nash, pfft, still don't kow what happened on that play play in the first period that hit the post, was that a pass or a shot? The guy is playing hard I'll give him that............but seems to me he needs to be taught at this level to stop turning his back to he net when he has the puck. Makes it awful easy to defend. I kew after 3 failed PP's one after the next, the loss was inevitable.........of course Hank plays his best game of the playoffs so far.