NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Yeah..I agree...Mac busts his ass.

MR: Krieder is getting on my nerves. I couldnt help thinking that since the Rangers got a guy who likes to fly around the ice, there was Krieder flying around the ice last night. Thats all he was doing. It was like a foot race to see who could skate faster and hit nothing...do nothing between Hags and Kreider. Both were like flying all over the place with0ut the puck. Hitting nothing..staying as far away as possible from the front of the net. Im not sure what the F the problem is with Kreider. He was benched late for Moore when Moore took the face off on that line and stayed on the ice. Rightfully so. Moore showed up last night.

Its a flawed roster that will beat certain teams that struggle with speed and do not like to hit. They will win some games when Hank is back on and carries them..and this all adds up to a playoff spot and a quick 1 and out.

Are you guys..who know the minors better then me, telling me that the Rangers do not have one kid in the system to bring up thats a big kid who can hit and stand in front of the net with the potential to score 10 to 15 goals a year? There is nothing in our system?

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Jay, if I'm AV both sit next game, along with Dorsett, bring up Miller or Fasth or Lindberg, or Hrivik, somebody hungry or at least drop Kreider down in the lineup, that line is hot garbage right now

3. matt robinson 17

McD was pretty bad last night Hack, but that's rare, he busts his ass every night

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Haley or Asham?

5. jaywayne12

totally totally agree. Its time for some guys to pay the piper. When a guy arrives on a flight from St. Louis after playing the night before..and his line gets more playing time then our number 1 line which should all be drug tested...Steph...Nash..and Kreider have sucked...then you have a real problem when a new 2 line completely outplays your 1 line.

6. jaywayne12

Is Asham still with the team? Minors? If so..he is a no brainer. At least he knows where the goalie is and where the front of the net is.

7. matt robinson 17

Nash had Cally's heart he'd be as good as Crosby

8. matt robinson 17

Not Dorsett, I like Carcillo's game

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Wasting away in CT.

10. jaywayne12

Didnt know that. With all the dead wood on this team...there is no reason to play both Carc and Dors ...they are the same friggin player. Im still trying to understand who Boyle is banging in the front office or what pictures he possess of management...and as much as I like the guy..is there a worse first line center right now than Stepan? in the league?

11. jaywayne12

While I hated how much Torts messed with lines all game...I have never seen a coach refuse to do anything with lines the way A.V. does. Its incredible.

12. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

This just isn't true.

13. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

This team has so much talent. If they make the playoffs and are clicking come playoff time, I think they will win the cup. If not, they will go out in the first round. The Rangers have the best goalie in the world, one one of the deepest blue lines in the league, amazing scorers like St. Louis, Nash, Richards and Zucc, and good young players who are hit or miss like Stepan and Kreider. The St. Louis trade really improved the team for this year. St. Louis is one of the best offensive players in the league.

I know its close with the Blackhawks, but I do not believe there is a team in the NHL that possesses more talent than the Rangers. Its the inconsistency of the team that is a killer. The forwards and Hank only decide to show up about half of the games.

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I guess it does take a lot of effort to leave opponents wide open for backdoor shots and shooting the puck into opposing goalies' stomachs.

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If Chicago's team plane crashes, then yes, they're pretty close talent wise.

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I can't wait till next week when all the haters will be on the St. Louis train lol. The guy is a pure natural goal scorer, something this team needs. Anyone can throw the body around and block shots.

17. Doink Bell

Doink Bell Banned

You should get on the Blake Wheeler train.

18. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

He's same type of player as cally, wouldn't mind him for way less.

19. Doink Bell

Doink Bell Banned

he's better than Cally because he coats himself in maple syrup before he hits the ice.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Don't all you Canucks? he also dipps his taint in poutine