NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Everything I have read this week shows a lot of worried Jet fans, while most of us Colt fans don't think we will win because of the MASH unit set up inside the Oil Can.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You know nothing about the history of the NY Jets if you were expecting us to be overly confident about this game. Our coach may be confident, but we're still Jets fans. It's going to take at least one SB win to change that mentality.

3. coltfan

coltfan New Member

The Colts hang their hats on offense...not defense... We rush the passer and have teams play from behind. The last 6 games for the Jets your offense has been lacking... your QB has struggled horribly see interception vs TD ratio...

But your team is good enough to win games... Your defense has played great most of the season... Your losses to B'more,GB and Miami are great examples! Holding NFL teams to 10 points or less is phemominal, but your offense was held to even less points.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That's what bothers me about this team. We can't seem to shut down an opposing offense without shutting down ours as well.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

In fairness to Pats fans, there really are two kinds, although one group is much smaller than the other. The smaller group is those who were fans before 2001. The larger group didn't even know what a football looked like before 2001.

The smaller group tend to be homers, too, but at least they were and are not bandwagon types.

There's more to be said on this subject, but for now I just wanted to point out the foregoing.

6. coltfan

coltfan New Member

I will say, "good game" and look forward to next year. I don't think the Jets are a bad team by far, I think the Jets should win this game; but I think as long as Sanchez is throwing the ball, the Colts are in the game and if he throws the ball 30 or more times, the Colts will win the game.

If the Jets run the ball 25 or more times, the Colts are in trouble...

7. Big Blocker

That seems, and I am not theorizing as to why this occurs, but it does seem tied to the pattern of when the Jets play well on one side of the ball, whichever side it has been, they don't play so well on the other.

The players know this even better than we do, and they talk from time to time, wistfully so, even, of the hope they will get it together and play well on both sides in the same game.

Of course there is also the possiblity they can suck on both sides as well.

8. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Listen to the irony of your statement... All I need to say is overconfident for doing nothing is the Jets History! Joe Namath! 'Nuff said!

Maybe you want to check out his career stats and his stats for the SB he played in too..

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

WTF? He led his team to the Super Bowl and won. Who gives a shit what his stats were for that game.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, the Chicago game is a good example of the team blowing it on defense, but killing it on offense, and we all know what happened when we suck on BOTH sides of the ball (45-3). Fortunately it's only happened once this season.

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

LOL, we play the pats twice ever year, they have done pretty well.

We're 1-1 against them this year, and last year. Didn't Houston win the opener against the Colts? You had 2 playoff teams on your schedule this year....how'd that work out?

Anyway- both teams are 0-0 as of now, should be a good game Sunday.

12. IndyDrummer

IndyDrummer New Member

Im right there with ya. If we happen to lose, it's Jets all the way.
    Fuck those Patsie Boys.

13. coltfan

coltfan New Member

This season Houston won the opener against us... We had several playoff teams on our schedule this year...we won one and lost some. But, in your case we won our division, therefore it worked out well for us.

And in your case, we are the Patriots of our Division, we won 10 games this year and it's a below average year for the Colts... Many teams would love a 10 win season...

14. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I was referring to this years playoff teams - you played the pats and the eagles, I guess... if that counts as several and won one, ok. I count 0-2. A 10 win season is great, unfortunately in our division it would end up in third place.

We were really pulling for you guys to beat the Pats, that INT on the late drive hurt from over here.

#454 James Calvin, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  15. Big Blocker

The Chicago game, at least right now, concerns me more than any other, given there are enough similarities in the way the Bears played that game and the way Indy generally can play. WHile it's apparently true that (from all reports) that was Cutler's best half, really a single quarter, of football all year, and it took that for the Bears to win by 4 points, well, Manning doesn't have to play his best game of the year to beat the Jets. A top five game probably puts them in the running. Heh.

16. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Didn't KC make the playoffs?

17. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Also, Colt fans have been spoiled for a minute and at some point it will end...but we won 10 games this season and 14 last and how many before then and the season before then? There have been 2 season in which the Colts either went 4-0 in your division or 3-1.

But that's the past and neither her or now...

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agreed. If the Jets are bounced out I will be rooting for anyone, including the Colts, who can derail the Pats*.

19. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

With a few exceptions, (Dirtywater and PatsFan come to mind) isn't it remarkable how much more our new Colts members bring to the table here as compared to our Pats* trolls?

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Pryce practicing today ...