NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Lets put it this way, your team thrives off the short pass and TE's.

Going to New England isn't the same feeling as going to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh, Ravens, Bears, and Packers all have that intimidating D. You guys don't.

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Well, what you said was "QB's .... make or break the games" and then went on to give an example of how a good but less talented quarterback than yours would have won the game had he played, thus perfectly contradicting yourself and clearly stating that a difference in quality of the QB can be overcome by game planning and effective play in other areas.

3. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Never said we did lol. You dont need an intimidating defense. You need a good defense or a suffice one that doesn't make mistakes. We have that. What we do have is the most intimidating offense at home right now.

4. Johnny English

Forgive my aging memory, but did we not play you twice this season?

5. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Alright fair enough. Time will tell.

6. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

I didn't contradict myself? QB's do make or break games and clear proof is the Packers game. What I was trying to point out is that if you don't have a good/great QB, your team is basically nothing 9 out of 10 times.

7. Johnny English

That's a crock of shit on so many levels, but let's start with your premise that Sanchez isn't a good QB, which is clearly the point you're trying to make. This season he has beaten Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre and Matt Schaub, all of whom at least qualify as good QBs. By your wanky logic, therefore, we're due 36 defeats?

8. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Yes we did. But let me point out a few things:

The pressure and the importance of the 2nd game was far, far, far greater than the 1st. I think you can agree with me there. Because you had lost the 2nd and the more important of the two, you can say a few things:

It shows how a team and QB couldn't handle the pressure of the moment. The playoffs are similar to that pressure. If Sanchez couldn't handle that game, how is he going to win SB's?

Plus the first game the Patriots were a completely different team. You sure did beat the Randy-Tom Brady Patriots but how bout the 2010-2011 Patriots?

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

We beat them 28-14.

10. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Your team won those games. Not Sanchez. Favre is not a good QB lol (At this point in time) and neither is Schaub (LMAO?)

Your team beat Brady. It was not Sanchez's performance that beat the Patriots. It was mainly your team. You outperformed Brady though but don't get that confused with other things. Great QB's can win some games practically by themselves. I have yet to see a game where Sanchez leads the team to victory.

11. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

You obviously don't get what I mean lol.

12. Johnny English

Again, you're talking shit. If we'd lost the first game we'd have started the season 0-2 and the knives would have been out big time. By the time we went to Foxboro the postseason was pretty much locked up; we were playing for the division. Way more pressure on the first game.

13. Johnny English

So when we win it's on the team, and when we lose it's on Sanchez? Get the fuck out you tool, you're just on a wind up.

14. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Your delusional then lol. Go look at this forums threads for starters. Look how much popularity the 1st game got and then look at the 2nd. Your crazy and retarded to think the 1st outweighed the 2nd in importance....

15. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

I didn't say that. I said give me an important game this season where Sanchez lead the team to victory almost solely? Oh, and then list how many he lost you guys.

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

So is Brady is such a f**king great QB I'll make the argument they lost to the Browns therefore he is mediocre.

Basically what your saying. Jets loose 5 games and is still mediocre.

Look, sanchez is doing better than anyones expected.. So you saying the game winning drive against the Texans going 78 yards (or whatever) in 37 seconds was the team. Not sanchez, the team?

17. Johnny English

Are you seriously this fucking dumb? Where was the first game held? How many people who post on this site were, hmm, let me think, somewhere else during the game? Like a big fucking field in Jersey, perhaps?

18. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

No that was Sanchez. But the Texans had the worst passing defense in the NFL. Sure it was good, but not enough to sway my decision that he is an experienced, well rounded, good QB.

Might I add that Brady hasn't thrown a single interception from that game? Longest streak EVER....? How many has Sanchez thrown? lol

19. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

And again he's 2nd year, better than anyone has expected.

Mistakes are common. Your making it seem as if he is throwing 30 INTS and 10 TD's a year.

20. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

He's above average for 2nd year, but that doesn't mean he's good right now.