NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that winning a game by scoring points from every phase of the game is not impressive?

2. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

We do. We don't expect to be a smash mouth, punch you in the face kinda of running team, but the Colts have rushed for over 100 yards each of the last 3 games, including out rushing some of the best running teams in football (due in large part to the defensive effort but also to an improved offensive running game). The Colts probably aren't ever going to run for 200 yards with this team but if they can run for at least 80 or so yards and keep the defense somewhat honest, then that is a successful running game for the Colts.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

And that's it exactly. Successful for the colts =/= successful in the NFL. I'd be shocked to see the Colts run for more than 80 this week.

4. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Personally, I think that the Jets have gotten depth in the CB position to counter Manning. That's besides Drew Coleman of course. Lowery can play well inside and outside he was picked on by manning in the championship game because the starter (What the hell was his name..?) went down. I think if Revis and Cro stay healthy that not fully eliminates but severely limits the pass game. The TE and Slot receivers could be trouble but even though it wasn't a great team we played our back ups kept them in check. (Some of the plays our DB's made and leaving receivers open my grandma could've made....as seen in the Steelers game giving up 3rd & 17 and 3rd & 24). We know you run defense has been stellar the past few games and acknowledge that. But we have a hell of an offensive line, I will tell you that. Ferguson and Hunter kept Peppers name from being mentioned ALL day against the Bears. In fact, the only time it was said was when the were saying how little he was mentioned. As I've said earlier, the Jets have not ONLY Edwards but Santonio Holmes too which is a whole different beast than Edwards. Holmes is trouble when he gets free. As mentioned elsewhere White has GREAT hands but not the speed of Collie. I feel better about going against the colts than last year BECAUSE we're not AS banged up going in. We rested starters Sunday and we should be pretty healthy going in.

Should be a great game and I really look forward to it.

5. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Ranked by YPG

Tennessee- ranked 20th vs run (avg 115/per game)

Jacksonville- ranked 22nd vs run (avg 122/per game)

Oakland- ranked 29th vs run (avg 134/per game)

Jets- ranked 3rd vs run (avg 91/per game)

I hope the Colts continue to have confidence in their run game...

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I wouldn't. I think that Rex Ryan is on a mission to not let Peyton Manning beat him, which means giving up something...

7. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Plus, your run game was alright as of late but your still 29th in the league this year with 1483 yards rushing as opposed to the Jets 2374 yards which is 4th in the league.

Then were 3rd in the league AGAINST the rush with 1454 yards allowed. You guys are 25th in the league against the rush with 2032 yards.

Then the stat that is gonna be where the most exciting plays are seen will be in the pass game. You guys are 1st in the pass game. Were 6th in the league defending and the most explosive and high yardage play come from slot receivers.

Run game for you guys is a moot point. The passing game will be the make or break part.

8. peytonmanning18

I get what you're saying but for the Colts to run like that on anyone, is impressive to me. Earlier in the year, they couldn't do anything. This is why I say that running for 80 yards this week would be good because the Jets do have a good run defense.

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Because of the below average rushing offense.

10. peytonmanning18

yep.......

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The Colts running game has probably improved because teams are always concerned about their passing attack above all. As someone else said you have to give up something.

Are teams really that concerned if the Colts get 100 yds rushing? It helps setup the play-action but otherwise it's not most teams concern.

12. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Colts will win by 7. Maybe even more. Sorry Jets fans but I will take Manning over a mediocre QB. You can say whatever you want about how QB's don't make or break the games but they do. Look at the Packers. Packers would of beaten the Patriots with the experienced Rogers in, but with Flynn, they lost.

Great QB's win games. 85% of the time. Sanchez doesn't have the experience Manning has. Manning will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time. He will win. Give Sanchez a few more years. We'll see how he is then.

I would be really surprised if the Jets win. You can throw statistics at the Colts, but in the end, it comes down to the strength of your QB.

13. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I think your just scared to play us.

14. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Mike, I am a Patriots fan lol. I'm not a Colts fan >.<

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

If we win we more than likely play you. That's what I meant.

16. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

You will play us. To be honest, I am more scared of the Colts. They have Manning which is another Tom Brady on the opposite side of the field. I'm not scarred of Sanchez. Sorry but he is way to inexperienced to pose a big enough threat. The mastermind of coaching, Bill, will make him make mistakes like last time.

17. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Is Rodgers better than Brady then?

18. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

No and I never said that. I'm saying that if your team has a great QB, then your team always has a chance. When you have a mediocre QB, your chances are way slimmer.

19. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Uh for god sake. Against the steelers he may not have thrown a touchdown pass but 3 and 9 against the steelers, can you think of a worse situation? He completes a pass to edwards where he can only get it.

Your defense scares no one. We had shitty play calling. Our gameplan was crap. But we had 3 sacks on brady. Also the Packers wrote the playbook on how to beat you guys.

20. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

There is no playbook to beat a certain team. Do you really think Bill will have the same game plan that he had with the packers with you guys? He wont even have the same game plan of when we played you last. Second, you dont have the pass rushing to get to Brady like the packers did.