Norv Turner Signed as Browns OC

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 101GangGreen101, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I just lol'd:beer:

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

I don't want this guy anywhere near the Jets.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Link?

The Rams are also one of the 10 teams who've scored fewer points than the Jets this year btw.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Teams tend to change coordinators all the time - this isn't silly at all. Sparano's deal is worth $500,000 so I'm sure we would eat that up to get Norv Turner who has a better track record than Sparano.

When Norv comes in, you have to bring in a back-up QB that is familiar with his system so I'm sure none of us wouldn't mind another QB here that can compete. For the long run a new GM that brought Norv in should evaluate and find a QB for the 2014 NFL Draft not this upcoming draft, I'm sold that Norv and his coaches could coach up and develop a QB, something we currently don't have here now. The Sanchez project failed so we need someone else to come in here and develop the offense.

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this was my first thought also - after rex's comments about how if he been SD's coach he would've had 2 rings I cannot imagine Norv coming to the Jets.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It was reported around the time Shotty was interviewing for the Falcons job a few weeks after Shotty quit as OC.

7. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

I would sign up for Norv as OC YESTERDAY!

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It's nice to hear reason every once in a while on here.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd sign on for this ASAP. My guess is, it won't happen because Rex's mouth burned that bridge. Norv won't have a shortage of OC offers.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah and scoring less than the Jets is hard to do. WE saw classic Schotty when we played the Rams, nothing has changed. He needs a highly skilled and efficient QB to run his offense, but at that point, that QB could make any offense look good

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Are you Shilling for Shotty?
    U keep emphasizing that he quit when everyone knows in reality he was kicked out the door but was graciously allowed to deem it as a resignation so He may peruse I mean eh... pursue other offers.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Your welcome to believe whatever you want to believe. My guess is you will always believe only what you want.

In regards to whether or not Shotty quit or got fired. My guess is was a little of both.

Shotty's friends said he quit because of Sanchez. The Jets treated it as a resignation. Rex said a week before Shotty was staying. Based on all that and the statements Shotty made about Sanchez near the end of last season my guess would be that Shotty said choose me or Sanchez and the Jets chose Sanchez so Shotty quit.

Its really up to what you want to believe. If you believe Shotty's friends he quit. If you read into Shotty's statements you can make the same argument. If you hate Shotty you will probably believe he got fired. Either way it was very likely a choice between Sanchez or Shotty as it sounds like Shotty was pretty fed up with Sanchez. It is just to bad that Sparano did not make the same ultimatum.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hire a real GM. Let him figure out where to go next.

The Jet's FO and coaching staff is like spaghetti code at this point. There are so many patches, reuses and route-arounds in the code that you can't even figure out where the biggest bugs are coming from.

The Jets need a reboot. The alternative is going to be a declining revenue stream and real problems.

14. june19

june19 Active Member

I believe it has something to do with that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Norv would probably want to go someplace with a better QB. But if he shows interests in coaching here then we have to get him.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

rewriting history. I'm sure it was mutual. Remember an article came out this year saying Rex was so close to firing Schotty after the BMORE game last year. And now you believe what Rex says to media? LOL

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: at Schotty's friends saying Sanchez is why he quit. What a crock!

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Schotty has friends?

19. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I don't think Norv is interested in any OC job, particularly not a mess like the Jets.
    I'd guess he'll have either a HC offer in the NFL or a big money prestige college offer, possibly USC if they dump Kiffin. (that might be the best coaching job in the country)

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yes,Norv Turner is the answer ive been saying this forever and I really belive it, He is the guy we need to fix this offense and he would be the right man for the job. He was rumored to be talking with us last season when he was thought to be fired.