Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We do. Sanchez poor decision making and total lack of improvement in his throwing performance should not have been rewarded by an extended contract. Allowing the offensive line to go putrid did not help.

2. NEJets

NEJets Member

I cann't believe someone says he is NOT broken.

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Do you agree with him or not? Apparently you do. Deep down you really do want to see Mark with Norv as his OC. It's OK, you can admit it.

All the Sanchez apologists are making their last stand with Norv Turner. :rolleyes:

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Like I mentioned, Norv can try and salvage Mark if he so chooses too, I like the offensive philosophy Norv brings to the table. A vertical offense that gets down the field. It's a more proven version of Schottenheimer's system. Schottenheimer's bullshit playbook put Air Coryell to shame.

Norv should be brought here soley to build a vertical offense and bring in a new mentally tough QB in the 2014 draft to build this vertical offense around. In the mean-time get skill players.

I don't see how this could go wrong AT ALL. Especially since the new GM would accompany Norv. I don't want Mark Sanchez here any longer because he's not salvageable not here. His welcome is worn out here in NY. I'm a big fan of Norv Turner, which is why I want him here.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Mr.T will be back if we get rid of Sanchez and Sparano. Sanchez will be the scape goat and Sparano is just a bonus. Mr.T is gonna need to clean up the cap mess left by the Sanchez cut or Trade.

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Same thing said 4 years ago when we fired Eric M.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is what we should all be afraid of, MT coming back as GM, the guy is like a cockroach, he can survive a nuclear bomb.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Notice how we still have not had a good offense. Schottenheimer or Norv Turner? Hmmm easily question easy answer ... Ah and I joined this board right around then as well ...

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Norv Turner will be here next year. He keeps bringing up the relationship he has with Rex Ryan and he seems to have always had a love for this team.

If we are smart, we'd go after this guy like crazy. This could turn this offense around

10. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Yes Bill Cowher or John Gruden! So we can run them out of town in 4 years too!!!! I'm no "kid" but for someone who has followed the team for so long, I can't for the life of me understand why you think more coaching instability is going to fix the team.

And Herm, and Groh, - skip Parcells, and keep working backward from there all the way to Weeb. Change coach & GM, Change coach and GM. Nothing like stirring the pot to keep the Jets irrelevant for another 40+ years. Great idea *rolleyes*

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If I'm Woody Johnson, I am on the field with Norv once the game ends with a 1000 dollar 'security deposit' handshake.

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I actually saw a quote saying Norv wouldn't come here. But I can't provide a link, I just saw it on TV on ESPN.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

After the playcalling last game, what could we really have to lose? Sparano is retarded. He loves to run 3 straight times or pass 3 straight times, there's no real logic involved, especially with the amount of pass plays he calls in short yardage situations. Season on the line and we waste a whole drive with Tebow? What is up with that. There are at least 10 different ways we could have won that game yesterday, by utilizing our strengths but apparently winning is not his thing.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

No to Norv Turner
    too volatile a situation

What about Tom Moore?
    He's already been here and we had success in red zone w/him last season

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Tom Moore is 74 years old. He does a little consulting here & there but that's it. Zero chance he's gonna take full-time gig at this stage of his life.

16. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

seriously, people. This team needs to be gutted. Lets the new GM decide who stays and who goes. A good GM wouldn't touch a job where they required to accept the existing staff. Remember, it's their ass on the line in the end.

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

No way this is the last stand. I'm expecting the Sanchez apologists to be here long after Mark retires. They'll constantly talk about how many SB the Jets threw away because they lacked patience & didn't properly develop him. Even when Sanchez accomplishes nothing after going elsewhere it'll still be the Jets still blew it. The Jets totally broken down a clutch, game-winning QB & killed his career.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Does it really? Take out Sanchez and put in any other QB in the league. How many games do you think we would have won?

This isn't a division winner team, but it's a team that's good enough to compete for a wildcard year in and out. It's just that with a poor quarterback who is probably getting paid to throw games away, it's rather hard to win games.

Everything on our offense is average. Our QB is well, well below average. That brings our offense down to below average. Had we just an average QB, half of the threads on this board would not exist.

19. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I expect nothing to change next year except the OC and maybe QB coach

20. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

He's struggled this year and most of last year too but I wouldn't mind if he brought Rivers with him.