No way Zach should play another game for us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Ugh…enough with that…he didn’t create those wins…he just didn’t fuck up…he threw for like 170 yards and 50% completion in almost all of them. Using the wins for our team where it was so clearly defense and Breece Hall who dominated those games just isn’t the reason to hold up ZW

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah I agree…I said in another post I didn’t think he was dogshit yesterday, but I also don’t think he was very good

he just offset the crap with some bog plays

but he’s not a good fit for this offense

3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Really.... he threw 5 great passes and as usual he was "inconsistent," that is why I changed my vote form Jets to Lions, he is just two inconsistent,,,

Zach Wilson's off-target pct was 35.3%, actually worse than his infamous game at NE (35.0%), per @ESPNStatsInfo. The 35.3% mark ranks 434th out of 442 individual passing performances this season. #Jets 8:36 AM · Dec 19, 2022

enough said, Oh, maybe ya all should take a look at TL has done the last three weeks 1K yds and three wins...

papapump likes this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You missed the memo with these 2 that's stats don't matter, only win/loss... Oh, and that one or two drives Zach has a game that is actually good, those stats definitely counts. There's your eye test.

But the drive he single handedly moved the Jets out of field goal range? Nah bro, that doesn't count. His bomb to Uzomah, of course that counts. His interception? Stats don't matter.

Mike White offense, and his noodle arm, could only get 23 points on 369 yards against an bottom three Vikings defense.. but yesterday Wilson powered the Jets to 17 massive points on 317 yards against a bottom 3 defense, but too bad our defense choked and allowed so many touchdown against a top 5 offense and cost Zach.

#284 JackBower, Dec 19, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  5. JackBower

I must leave. These stats are bullshit and don't matter. Zach was the reason we had a chance to win with 4 minutes left. Mods this guy hurt my feelings can we ban him?

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

22 points.

JackBower likes this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Stop with the young baloney, Fields, Trevor L, etc are also young how are they doing? TL just beat three teams in 3 weeks and throw for over 1000 yards... he just beat the bozy yesterday...

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson undoubtedly made some great off-script plays as well as some nice throws from the pocket. So there was good yesterday. But it's still subpar

The lack of QB fundamentals and wild inconsistency drives me crazy. He processes slow and misses way too many easy throws possibly because he's late and needing to force things. So he brings you some splash plays but he mixes that with terrible misses and overthrows.

Yesterday I thought it was a complete team loss though. All aspects were subpar. You could probably pick any one facet (coaching (TOs especially), quarterbacking, offensive line play, defensive breakdown, special teams, etc.) and say improvements there would have led to a win.

I believe it's still possible he can put things together. He's only 20-some games into his career and clearly has a lot of ability that shows up, but he can't be counted going forward. The best thing for him and the team is for the best QB to play. I believe that's ZW right now, but it's Mike White when he comes back.

As long as there's no toxicity in the locker room, of course you bring Zach back next year, but he needs to really earn it going forward. QBs bloom late sometimes - maybe his processing speed improves in time. Can't count on it, but not gonna cut bait with him now

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. bicketybam

I changed that to 30. Ease up on the chronic.

11. JackBower

Even worse

12. bicketybam

White vs. Minn
    31/57 54.3% 369 yards 0/2 QBR 22.7

Wilson vs. Det
    18/35 51.4% 317 yards 2/1
    QBR 37.5

13. JackBower

I see a bunch of useless stats, except that juicy QBR.

We've found our new stats this week. QBR and being in the lead the final 4 minutes! Tune in next week to see what matters then!

Ralebird likes this.
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What about the game with in the game... go back and watch the video it speaks volumes about timing of OL, QB, WR etc. and non-of it was pro ZW, He is a backyard baller and that is it... I said it in another threat and another poster stated here... he is NOT the right QB for this system... time to move on ....

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

hurt your feelings cupcake,,, LOL.

JackBower likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Really doesn't matter who starts, if the running game doesn't get going the season is over.

MoWilkBeast and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There was no game winning drive. There was a drive where we took the lead. And people forget, it took Carter making a miracle 4th down catch on a lame duck that pass where the defender just flopped. In fact, Lion DBs were out of position on most of the throws.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. bicketybam

It's ok to concede a point every now and then.

By most metrics Wilson had a better game against the Lions than White did against the Vikes. White couldn't move the offense into the end zone when it mattered in the end. These are undeniable truths. Yet no one would even dare to say he might have had a hand in that loss.

Wilson actually put the Jets in the lead with 4 min to play. And then he converted a 3rd and 19 and a 4th and 18 to give them a chance at a game tying FG (after the defense blew the lead.)

I know I'm in the minority on this board, but it's not going to stop me from pointing out the obvious, even if most refuse to see it.

Zach was not great this game. But I don't think he is the reason we lost. If you think he is, them you have to think White is the reason we lost the Vikings game.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. bicketybam

No game winning drive because the defense choked up the lead with less than 2 to play.

20. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Does anybody actually enjoy watching ZW play? I find it excruciatingly difficult. Even in his “good” games.

Centiment, Acad23 and NYJetsO12 like this.