No way Zach should play another game for us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 18, 2022.

1. ft.niagara

ft.niagara New Member

Blame the Bills for hurting White.

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Or the offense could have score more points during other 56 minutes of the game. But they didn't, so stop blaming the defense.

There are 11 men on the other side getting paid pretty well too, and busting their butts and practicing all week to beat us.

SOJAZ and 94Abraham like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Jeff Smith also was mugged/hugged when Zach threw that ball into the endzone. No call though. Zach was fine today. Loved the big plays.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Did I say the defense alone cost us the game? No. I said they made a key, backbreaking mistake.

Or is Zach the only one who can cost us games?

KY Jets Fan and bicketybam like this.
  5. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

But then the O scored two put the Jets up. Defense allows the play on 4th down at the 50 where a FG doesn’t help Lions. It always matters when a unit makes plays. Defense and O made up for punt return and int to get the lead late in the 4th quarter. The D is supposed to be the strength of the team. If Jets only had average QB play they would be SB contenders. That has been said a bunch lately. Then they have to show up.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No. I agree with you and I suppose I misread. My fault.

It has been a combination of little fucking mistakes that keeps us from winning all of these games.

..and that Is the worst part If I'm honest. It's also encouraging I guess too, I guess.

We SHOULD have won every one of these games. We are obviously at least playing In the same league as the other top teams In the league though. So, there Is that.

Clearly, not good enough yet but I think It's obvious we are SOOOOOOOOOOO close to getting over that hump.

We all have to hope we have the right people In the building to get that done. I believe we do but we shall see.

7. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

I do not agree. Watching ZW and MW command the offense are two completely different experiences. One appears to elevate his teammates and throws a crisp catchable on-time ball on a consistent basis, and the other runs for his life and heaves it up hoping for the best. I simply cannot stand watching ZW play football. There’s a reason many fans are somewhat more willing to excuse MW than Zach… it’s because he’s a better player.

8. IIMeanDeanII

If you don't throw the INT. Points are generated In that moment by the other team. Which leads to an entirely different outcome regardless. My point, we lost this game, In a handful of different ways. Again. For the third week In a row, we beat ourselves.

As far as the defense. It's still absurd to me to try to put the blame on them for the loss. They allowed 13 points against a red hot offensive team, with a tremendous OL. They did their job overall. They played well enough for us to win, we didn't. Just the fact of the argument. IMO

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Plenty of blame to go around

Zach throwing for 51% is a bit below his career average, but he also made a bunch of nice throws…the pick was brutal and if his first read is covered he’s toast unless he rolls out and hits a big play, which he did today, but that’s not consistent enough…watching the game I didn’t think he was total dogshit but he’s just not good…he holds the ball too long and can’t find a second guy, and we saw the same overthrows on open guys…eh…he is not a good QB and has not done anything to make you think he can be

our punt coverage teams are trash,,,that’s two games now they cost us big

our OL needs a complete overhaul…it’s terrible….injury for sure a big part of it but it needs to be fixed YESTERDAY…we ain’t going anywhere with OL play like this

our D was stout for the most part, and they only gave up 13 points, but damn you CAN’T give up a 50 yard TD on 4th down when the game is on the line…you just can’t. And hey, how about a turnover ….that would be nice. We so clearly missed QW today

So to me, we can point fingers at all three units…the D played decently until they didn’t, the O showed flashes but the OL and the QB stink, and STs suck

team loss here as far as I’m concerned

10. red75bronco

The problem is with the RBs, Oline, and QBs not to mention MLF, defense can’t be good to win games it has to be great. Yes those mistakes change the game, but team overcame them and was ahead and just needed to keep Detroit from scoring a TD. All jets fans would take our D against Detroit with them needing a TD to win. They didn’t get it done. Then the timeout failure is cherry on top.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. red75bronco

I think AVT was a bigger loss than Breece. Out Oline is terrible right now.

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

They legitly allowed only 10 points. Pinning the one FG on them from Zachs bonehead INT is unfair. The defense did enough for them to win this game. I still wish they could of at least generated some semblance of a pass rush and the lack of never forcing a turnover is alarming.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

here's an idea: draft a qb every year, like ron wolf used to do.
    brunell and hasslebeck were later round picks who were developed.
    so was goat brady.
    see SF for purdy, who was last pick of the last draft.....

meanwhile, why isn't Streveler dressed? we are one hit or a few picks away from Flacco?
    as long as white is inactive, they shoud have Streveler up alog with zak, or maybe even pull zak.

14. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Also, I think folks expecting our D to be any better than it is right now – based on last year's unit and performance is no differently than saying Zach should be a All-Pro QB this year. We're talking a night and day unit that will get better under JD and Saleh together. This is the best you can ask fro them.

We're really losing because our O Line and run game have been completely shutdown. The QB issue of course is a major concern, you're either gonna live with young Zach playing pee wee football, or Mike White getting decapitated making the in-pocket throws. So basically we're screwed.

Honestly, I think we're gonna need create a few RPO packages for Streveler.

And sorry, I think we need to sit Zach down and trade him next year. He's not going to cut it in NY.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Aren't you one of the guys saying he won five games earlier in the season? The NFL is a two way street, you need to show some consistency.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You only need to stop the other team from scoring if you haven't put up enough points yourself. It's a team game; every facet let the others down. (Some just won't admit it).

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. IIMeanDeanII

They aren't great though? ....

Do you think our defense Is elite? Great?

18. IIMeanDeanII

Oh, absolutely agree. 100%

It was the benefit of the doubt. Even on the technicality of It. It's still only 13pts. Against that offense. That should've been more than enough to win. The pass-rush Is notably different with Q out, It's even more noticeable when you are going up against a top 3 OL In the league. They are extremely good. I agree though on both points. You'd like to see the complete dominance of an ELITE defense, I just don't think we are that. YET. TBC...

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Defense was solid enough to give us the win. After the way it started, I was thinking this may have to end up a shootout game. But it didn’t and the defense adjusted and did well for most of the part. Giving up no TD u til 4th quarter. You take that any day.

now on offensive side. ZW was good but he didn’t execute on several possessions in 2nd half to give defense a break and score enough points. Not like they marched down the field on many occasions.

I will say that ZW learned one thing yesterday about the benching. His interviews were solid, went from “I don’t think it was my problem” to “ii got to do better to help out defense”. IMO that’s huge.

I say start with ZW on Thursday. We’ll ride with him to a key win or lose the season. Why not we frayed him 2nd and it’s on the Jets and ZW to put this to rest.

#239 MDJets, Dec 19, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have a choice that they likely will let time make for them over the next few games. ZW or MLF.