No Only 1 primetime game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I don't mind not having a MNF game. I have season tickets and Monday night games suck to go to. Also, it works to the Jets benefit because Mangini loves having the Jets be under the radar and unnoticed. Getting big primetime games hurts that image.

2. sect105

sect105 New Member

Monday night football on ESPN is a bunch of B games anyway. Sunday night is the supposed Best game and who is to say we don't get a couple after week 10?

3. joejets1

joejets1 Member

MNF is not what it once was. And playing on Thanksgiving at 4:15 is the better than any primetime game you'll get. I don't think anyone here likes going to games at night. Sunday night is the worst time to go to a game.

4. The funny part is, We've had some GREAT games on MNF that produced some outstanding ratings.

I'm not sure why there'd be such an opposition in putting a team from NY, on the upswing, who traditionally plays classic games in primetime!

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Im happy we don't have a monday night game. I hate having to watch everyone else on sunday and anticipate Monday night, plus now I can watch Monday Night Raw in peace...besides I mean you guys saw the coverage for the Jets-Miami monday night game it was awful. Just awful. Sunday nighters are fun, and I have a feeling even with the FLEX, they'll give it to the jets and chiefs just because there's probably gonna be playoff implications and Herm's a turd.

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

The jets have a thanksgiving game and the last game of the season on NBC, much better crew. Im quite satisfied with that

7. hickeyQB15

hickeyQB15 New Member

im happy we dont have a MNF game... we can do better under the radar

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

MNF is like SNF used to be, it's not about previous year's success- just about every team can play on MNF. The marquee prime time games are on SNF and we should have gotten a SNF game.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

We still might with the flex scheduling.....

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The bad thing about MNF is the Sunday before you can't watch your team play. It feels like another bye week. Sunday. 1pm. Be there.

11. phatnols

phatnols Member

I rather be on Sunday Night
    the new monday night blows(its the old Sunday Night)

and yes there is the flex sched anything can happen.

12. JetFanRI

JetFanRI New Member

Relax on the Giants...being scheduled after week 11 is not real anyway, it can and will change. Their Saturday night game is NFL Network, so it's not exactly available everywhere.

There is only one Prime Time game that we want to play in anyway...

13. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

NBC's 2007 NFL schedule:
    ("NBC Sunday Night Football" kickoff, 8:15 p.m. ET preceded by "Football Night in America, 7 p.m. ET)

Thursday, Sept 6 -- New Orleans Saints at Indianapolis Colts

Sunday, Sept. 9 -- New York Giants at Dallas

Sunday, Sept. 16 -- San Diego at New England

Sunday, Sept. 23 -- Dallas at Chicago

Sunday, Sept. 30 -- Philadelphia at New York Giants

Sunday, Oct. 7 -- Chicago at Green Bay

Sunday, Oct. 14 -- New Orleans at Seattle

Sunday, Oct. 21 -- Pittsburgh at Denver

Sunday, Oct. 28 -- No game scheduled due to World Series Game 5 (FNIA airs 7-8 p.m.)

Sunday, Nov. 4 -- Dallas at Philadelphia

Sunday, Nov. 11 -- Indianapolis at San Diego

Sunday, Nov. 18 -- Chicago at Seattle (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

Sunday, Nov. 25 -- Philadelphia at New England (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

Sunday, Dec. 2 -- Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

Sunday, Dec. 9 -- Indianapolis at Baltimore (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

Sunday, Dec. 16 -- Washington at NY Giants (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

Sunday, Dec. 23 -- Tampa Bay at San Francisco (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

Sunday, Dec. 30 -- Kansas City at New York Jets (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I can live with not having a Monday Night Game, but it's a disrespect to this franchise and what they did last season to NOT give them a Monday Night game while teams that missed the playoffs such as the Giants and Steelers get 4 or 5 total primetime games...

I have a few choice words for the schedule maker(s)......

15. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I agree 100% with everyone here SNF is what MNF used to be and vice versa I did and think that the Jets would get at least one SNF Game this year considering they play good opponents and have many intriging matchups (Pats x2, KC, and others.) For a team that made the playoffs last year and is on the up rise with the new direction the franchise is going in I was shocked and dissapointed today when I looked at the sked and found no primetime games. Another thing that didnt make sense is they put the Jets on Thanksgiving which is probably the best day tv wise for football in the country and at the better tiem slot 430, and then they don't put them on any other week makes no sense.

Well it will be nice to know though all of the NYG primetime games will prolly be empty because they are going to have a long season and it will be fun to see NBC bite the bullet.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I understand that but we should have gotten a guaranteed Sun Night Game before the flex scheduling beings.

17. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Hey at least we play the Giants as an "Away" game. Thats actually pretty huge. Its an away game thats really a home game. I'll take that=)

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Amen!!!!!!!!!! I dont even like 4:00 starts.

Sunday, 1PM.....