No no no this cant be happening!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 2, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe if you masturbate furiously, things will change.

Or maybe you should stop taking every Jets presser at face value, because that is what suckers do.

Give it a couple of months. The next terrible choice of OC's is likely waiting in the wings.

2. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Mmmm I hear Matt Mulligan is next in line

3. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I think one of the biggest overlook things here is the passion that Holmes showed as a player...on a underachieving team that guaranteed they would win the Superbowl.

You WANT a player to believe the hype you generate as a Head Coach
    You WANT a player to get upset when the chips do not fall their way
    You WANT a player to hold other players/coaches accountable when they see failure
    you DONT WANT a player to do it publicly.

Isn't that his only issue here? His public displays of outrage, blame game?

I have seen Sanchez throw very accurate long passes, not at all(I think)this year, but I have seen him do it in previous years.

Maybe his receiving corps are tired of doing 5 yard slant routes, where Sanchez stares them down before making his predictable pass. Maybe it is Schotty forcing him to only do slant routes...we do not know.

I personally believe that Sanchez is not talented enough to lead this team to win the Superbowl. However, I am not a coach on the Jets. There are too many variables that I simply do not know about, but as a fan, I can only base my opinions off the things that I see week in and week out.

I realize that the majority of plays are called in by the OC, BUT, I also know that QBS in the NFL have the ability to read defensive schemes and make play adjustments on the fly via audibles. You see Brady doing it constantly all season long.

QBS in today's NFL should be able to identify mismatches when at the line and custom tailor their first read based off of that. They should be able to identify many blitz packages and re-align their oline for max QB protection. These things have zero to do with the OC and everything to do with the QB.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Using Brady (or Brees, Rodgers, Manning or Roethlisberger) as a benchmark for Sanchez is hugely unfair.

5. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I agree with you on this, but I was just pointing out that other QBS audible/identify mismatches regularly at the LOS where it does not seem that Sanchez does it nearly as often.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's not at all unfair, he was an overall #5 pick which none of the others were. If you want to say it's unrealistic I will agree with that. If you want to say he was another horrible Tannenbaum stretch I will agree with that too but it is fair to compare them.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Where he was drafted is irrelevant. He didn't choose to be #5 overall. Similarly, all those other guys would be top picks if scouts had accurately assessed their potential.

The failure of other NFL scouting departments is not Sanchez's fault.

The bottom line is that guys like Brady, Brees and Manning are amongst the best QBs in the history of the game. To expect a kid in his 3rd year as a pro to be at their level is ridiculous, and no matter how many quarterbacks we go through in the next 20 years, whenever they get drafted, the chances are none of them will be on the level of Brady, Brees and Manning.