No no no this cant be happening!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 2, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think you're wrong.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Holmes is one of the more sure-handed receivers in the league. He's not the reason this team is in shambles. He showed poor leadership yesterday but his ability can't be questioned. You can't blame the guy for being pissed that his QB can't throw a ball further than 20 yards down the field. Holmes is a borderline elite receiver when he has a good QB throwing him the ball. It would be a huge mistake to try to trade him.

Don't let the media fool you. They have given Sanchez a pass this entire season. He had the same OC, same oline, same system the last two years and he regressed completely this season. He is one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league and can't read the field and always waits a split second or two longer than other QB's in finding his open receivers. He doesn't know how to throw the ball away when he gets pressured and his footwork when throwing in the pocket is awful.

Sanchez will never be more than an average journeyman QB in this league. He didn't lead our offense the last two years. He just didn't f*ck up. Two completely different things.

I will agree with you about being a running team. That is our identity. However we let go Leon Washington who would've still been a dynamic playmaker for us. Awful decision by Tanny.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

will you guys relax ,Shotty isn't coming back there not gonna make it seem like he is a bad OC they want him to get that head coaching job so they can avoid fireing him.Why else do you think he's on a plane to Jacksonville 1 day after the season ends on a loss? He knows he will be fired shortly he's trying to get a job now before the firing makes him look bad

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

THIS. Do what's best for the TEAM/ORGANIZATION. Fuck Schitty.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You really think Rex or Tanny are even qualified to interview and hire a great OC for the Jets?

The real problem is the only one with any football cred with our owner is our OC's father.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Rex has plenty of football cred everyone knows Buddy Ryan and the Ryans and the all have the same reputation

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No he wouldn't. The Jets have been correct with the players they have let go (too old/too expensive/too fucked). We have quality control issues with the guys coming through the entrance tho'

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There rep is defense and while nobody wants to talk about it the Jets D has gone backwards the more impact Rex has had on personal. The Dallas D is a pathetic mess that has grossly underperformed it's personal.

11. typeOnegative13NY

No way he'll be back. He has way too many voices frommthe fanbase against it. Why not just promote Callahan?

12. JetsNation06

Quality Control issues? This team has way bigger problems than QC.

Not being able to throw or run is not quality control, it's lack of coaching and production on the field. You're overcomplicating the problems of this team which you can see with your own eyes on the field!!!

And yes, Leon Washington is a more dynamic playmaker than anyone we have on this team. It's a shame we let him go in his prime. One of a few key reasons that the dynamics of our offense have forever changed.

#52 JetsNation06, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

1) I lived in pitt while Holmes was with the steelers. I know what he is capable of on the field. I remember how Ben was able to hang in the pocket giving holmes time and they use to connect for big time plays. I watched the SB, I saw the amazing catch and holmes feet drag in bounds against the turf, perfect. I saw the catch he made to beat the texans, the production he gave us to beat clevland, the clutch playoff catch against the pats (beautiful) and the catch against the bills. Holmes has glimpses of excellence.

These are a list of problems I have had this season with Holmes:
    A) leadership
    B) toughness
    C) his hands this year have not been that great
    D) fumbalitis
    E) getting upfield (he goes down on first contact everytime or he fumbles)
    F) I have seen him get knocked on his ass before getting in to his route
    G) blocking (he is physically a pussy)

Since we agree running the ball is the jets identity it looks like Holmes is turning into a greater liability than an asset. I would have preffered keeping Bray bc I think he is a tougher player on the filed who punishes cb's. Holmes does not fit the identity of this franchise and we should get rid of him.

2) Sanchez can win a SB. Our offense should be committed to the run 70% of the time and Sanchez should be able to hit defenses with the play-action bomb and screens to keep the opposing defense off balance. Schotty has called some of the worst designed pass plays I have ever witnessed (3rd and 5, all receivers 4yd button hook?). The oline is drastically worse than last season. The right side of the line is a joke.

3) Defense. Our head coach is a defensive focused mind. If he wants to talk about super bowls and rings I think we should aspire to be the best defense in the league.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Leon Washington hasn't done shit in Seattle. I would not be surprised if he retires this off season. He broke his leg and his mobility forever changed. Please bro, we parted ways with Leon at the right time.

15. JetsNation06

Braylon Edwards? You can't be serious. He was just cut by SF ater having something like 15 catches this year. His career is done.

The reason Holmes or any of the Jets receievers doesn't get upfield is because of the throws Sanchez makes. The QB never hits his WR's in stride.

Almost every throw by Sanchez results in the Jets WR's having to make acrobatic circuis type catches. They have no chance to get upfield because they have to exert maximum efort just to catch his passes.

He is one of the most inaccurate throwers in the league. All of his passes are too high or behind his receievers. That is not going to change ever.

16. typeOnegative13NY

I think it would have been ok had we kept Brad Smith.

17. JetsNation06

I'm well aware of what happened to Washington. He was sent into exile all the way out in Seattle so he got a raw deal. I was just making a bigger point about how the Jets got rid of guys who were part of their running identity. Their running game has never been the same since.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He was way overpaid. We got a better replacement in Kerley IMO. He is actually a legit WR where Smith never was.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No doubt but we sure missed him on special teams.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How so? He never returned punts for us.