NFLDC Updated Mock has us taking 3 OL first three out of first four picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Mar 27, 2006.

1. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

Thank you, I'm glad someone agrees... and I just meant I dont think O'Callahan will be there and at that point we should maybe look for a guy like Stoval since we would have already taken D'brick and mangold

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

yeah i kinda don't get the whole drafting 3 lineman out of first 4 picks

3. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I agree with this analysis 100%. I like Jones (a main reason why I think O'Callaghan in round 3 while a good value is excessive), but I do not let him get in the way of a potential franchise LT such as D'Brick.

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I agree here.

You know, it kind of irks me here with some of the people. Some people think that we need to grab a franchise QB in this draft, but say that they'd hate it if we grabbed D'Brink at 4 because it's a position of need...

...let me tell you that if you think QB is a position of need, then LT is as well. Patrick Ramsey has just about as much of a chance of becoming an above average starter in this league as Adrian Jones does, and yet we're set at LT and need a QB? At least be consistent, people. I'm 100% behind whoever this FO decides to choose at 4, whether it be grabbing D'Brink or trading up for Leinart.

I understand if you feel QB is the more important position overall, because it is. If Leinart is higher on your charts then D'Brick, I see your point. Just don't be a hypocrite and say that one position is more solid than the other, because neither are damn near a given. Adrian Jones is not the second coming of God at LT, I saw an average at best LT there last season with potential upside who could be transformed into an LT or guard should the need come. At this point, I don't trust him with my QB's blind side. Maybe things will change, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

EDIT: I am in no way directing this at you deviljets, I was just agreeing with your post. Everything else is seperate.

5. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it, I completely agree with you. Jones is a decent LT, just like how Bryan Thomas is a decent DE with some potential and Victor Hobson is a decent LB with some potential. However you don't hear anyone screaming about how they shouldn't draft Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk for that reason.

6. Pride

Pride New Member

Is it just me or do you not realize that O line is one of the easiest positions to draft in football. Look at the Nfl at look at all the pro bowl caliber linemen not even drafted in the first 3 rounds. At #4 I dont think we should be picking to fill a team need

7. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I think that we should only draft 2 o-line at max and we need at least one te/rb/wr in the first 3 rounds.