NFL.com: MM says Sanchez's accuracy has been sky high

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, May 27, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The whole frigging team was horrible.

But. First down,inthat spot, youd think the OL would have kept a rucpsher from coming up the middle.

2. Hobbes3259

As I said, I was at the Arizona game.dont believe me...its first and ten, from the twelve. Hes i. 7 step drop range, (could have been shotgun, but thats worse for the ol) and they couldnt protect the A gap, long enough to get the ball out, without allowing a nasty hit

And, I said, his only real play was to spike it. And take the grounding foul. Clearly not the best decision, but...we both seem to realize the duress.

And thats his major problem, his balls are bigger than his brain. He plays like he has Favres cannon, and doesnt.

And no, thats a bad place to take the sack, he could have gotten shoved in for a safety, or worse got stripped. The smart playthere was grounding.....

And, FWIW, that should have been part of his thinking before the snap....

3. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

You being at a game doesn't affect the actions and decisions taken on the field, I'm afraid.
    It also doesn't show an any more or less detailed view of what actually happened.
    Not sure what your point is here.

Anyway - so in broad terms, it seems we agree this should've been handled differently by the QB in that clip.

So... what was your whole point in commenting about my initial post, where I tried to point out that this isn't a clip showcasing accuracy issues...?

#83 Swedish Ale, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  4. Hobbes3259

No, he got slaughtered in that game, thats the only point I was making. The OL played like trash down the stretch.

But look, its really this simple.

The Jets, are still committed to Sanchez, like it or not.

They could have signed Moore, Flynn, or KOLB who actually played for Marty.

They didnt.

If they were going youth, they would not have risked waiting to 39 for Smith.

If he was thier target QB, theyd have taken him at 13. (or 9 because we didnt need db help as badly as QB help if the Sanchez sux theme is correct)

At the end of the day, if you exclude the possible, whatever remains however improbable, is the truth.

You dont agree, but...kolb wasnt under contract till 4/8. NY could have had him, and designated Sanchez a June 1 cut.

Therefore...

The only logical observation, is that the team is committed to Sanchez, for reasons..you disagree with.

5. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I gotta give you props for calming it down and explain your point of view without any attitude.

I definitely see your point about the whole pick 9 and 13 scenario with Geno.

With that said, even if they were being dead set on salvaging Sanchez with MM, I'm not sure they feel the same now if Sanchez isn't showing up big in the offseason and with the "luck/misfortune" (whichever side one's on in that debate) of getting Geno at a discount in the draft.

In the end I'm just a poster on a fucking message board, where I get to bounce irrelevant ideas with others, coming to irrelevant conclusions and just enjoy the company of fellows fans and contemplate the fate of this beloved/goddamned team.
    ("Irrelevant" in the regard that it doesn't matter what we think, considering we're just fucking fans with keyboards, contributing nothing to the actual outcome of the New York Jets success on the field)

The fuck knows when I'm right in my opinions. If ever.
    But they're my opinions, and I usually try to show why I've come to those conclusions.

And one of those, is that I'd much prefer to see McElroy start with a full offseason under his belt, than Mark Sanchez.

Am I right? Am I wrong?
    The fuck knows.
    It sure as hell doesn't matter what I think, and thank sweet baby jesus for that.

#85 Swedish Ale, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Maybe they just didn't see any of those other QBs being a long term solution either. Yeah they had options, but the group of Sanchez, Moore, Flynn, and Kolb doesn't exactly spell a plethora of talent. I'd say the same about Alex Smith, and he was pretty much the "cream of the crop". All of them got multi-year contracts, and Flynn in particular would have cost too much money for a player that might end up on the bench on a team in rebuild mode. With Geno, they probably liked his potential, but didn't see him as a sure thing (i.e. he was worth the risk as a second rounder but not as a first). Your argument hardly proves anything. As an outsider, I seriously doubt that the Jets will retain Sanchez after this season, though the prospect of them doing so doesn't scare me in the slightest.

7. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

It's the pump and dump. Hype up Sanchez with the hope of attracting a bidder to get his contract off their hands. Good luck.

If it were me, I'd have traded for Alex Smith. Class act, good leader, strong numbers. Geno seems risky.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do people really think teams make trade decisions based on what is said in other teams press conferences? Nothing the jets say is going to increase Sanchez's trade value, at all.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No, but it doesn't hurt the trade value either. When you tear down a player you devalue any leverage you might have in trade negotiations. It's called posturing.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez has no trade value so how could they possibly loewr it?

11. 1968jetsfan

Oh if Jamarcus Russell who hasn't taken a snap in 2 or 3 years is drawing interest then Sanchez is worth a 6th or 7th round pick at some point. Not much granted, but it's something.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Bilal Powell open on the 15....catch, turn, 2nd & 4 yards to go.

Interception.

History repeats itself at Tennessee; Bilal Powell even more wide open, and Sanchez with time to read and hit his checkdown Powell.

Interception.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That throw is a throw no NFL QB should make.

Mark Sanchez is not an NFL QB at this point. He makes poor decisions and then poor throws after the fact. That play had a bad decision and then a lousy throw and it turned into one of the worst possible results for the Jets. Only a pick-6 would have been worse in that situation.

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

How can Hobbes and nyjunc defend that shit?

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No one is trading anything for Sanchez. A free agent getting attention doesn't mean anything to this situation.

16. 1968jetsfan

All it takes is one injury in the preseason or early season to a QB or key backup QB. Of course it's all dependent on Smith showing he can be the starter, and that's yet to be determined.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

They're going to defend Sanchez forever

Gotta love the passion

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Sanchez getting more snaps then Geno will be horrible for him

I understand sitting a rookie with a capable starter but this is certainly not the case

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hobbes' passion looks like feisty contentiousness.

nyjunc? His Sanchez passion has more of a Michael Douglas-Matt Damon look to it. ;-)

20. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

I come here and watch all this back and forth and a lot of times people just seem to throw their 2 cents in to piss off the 2 main Sanchez defenders(Hobbs&Junc). Im not going anywhere with this but just blind hate and irrational opinions like "Sanchez is dog shit" or bold, nonsensical claims like "Sanchez is a bust" just aggravate me to no end.
    Its a forum and I know everyone likes to poke buttons and have a bit of fun but the straight up Sanchez hate with no logic is awful.

I will agree he regressed. But 2012 was straight up awful. From Tebow and all the hype that Sparano had "Tebow Specific" tricks up his sleeve, to Sparano himself and his completely inept mind to coaching an offense. It was a straight up mess. Greene was awful, Powell was average, Holmes got hurt and pretty much gave up, Hill as a rookie tearing his ACL. The rushing D falling apart. Wow...just so many problems. Sanchez was just one of the many problems that team had.

Im not helping with my opinion BUT I really want to give Sanchez one more shot. Statistically he got better every single year and really only had 1 bad "losing" year out of 4. As bad as the 4th year was I really think with his mind off football, taking a rest, and getting his head back to where it was his first couple of seasons, plus the maturity, he really has a shot at being better than how he is perceived. 2012 should be stored in the "Never mentioned/Never spoken" about column and its ancient history to me. Sanchez however it may have been got it done when it counted in the playoffs. The dude had the tools and put it together his first 3 years. I have to believe in him and give him one more shot. If people think this year will be tanked then fine. Give Sanchez the first 2, maybe 4 games. It wouldnt matter anyway to most since we are in a "Reloading" phase, right?

Either way, if he shits the bed, by all means put in Geno. I just think that at this point: all the blind hate should be put aside for when the pads are on and the clock is ticking. There is plenty of time to bash Sanchez if ,God forbid, that time happens. I just want to see this guy give it one more shot, that's all.

Yeah, my opinion probably wont be favored by many. I really just cant wait for this season to start. Gotta stay optimistic, ya know?