NFL.com: Mark Sanchez unlikely to play week 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Aug 29, 2013.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yeah.. homer... okay.

But to answer your question.. yes.. Geno Smith, and Brady Quinn..

:grin:

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well of course since Sanchez has been so fantastic the last 2 years.

At least there is some potential with Smith. Sanchez? lol.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I really wanted to see Sanchez under MM's Offense... But,

I'll root for Geno or Simms or whoever!... but IMO, aorn and for the next few games...we are FKED on offense..

4. perpetualchange

perpetualchange Active Member

Rumor on another Jets forum that Sanchez is asking for a release. Hmmm....

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This is pretty much my mindset to the QB position this season. I wanted to see Geno when he was ready, not thrown into the fire.

I think Geno is mentally a stronger QB at this juncture - if he can withstand the issues on offense but get the concept of MM's coaching he can make plays and not turn the football over like Mark does.

Can't have RZ TOs, and we can't be fumbling the football all the time.

Geno Smith time - I'm ready - Mark Sanchez is done here in NY.

6. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I would not CARE if GENO, QUINN, SIMMS, SANCHEZ, Bubby BRISTER or my long-deceased grandma' qb'd the JETS just as long as they afforded us a decent opportunity to win!

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Are you saying Im a troll?

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

People seem so sure Geno is starting,If it was a sure thing it woulda been announced yesterday,They don't know that's why,Sanchez can prolly play but he will risk further injury and they can't make up there mind ,I have a feeling Sanchez is still gonna start

10. Denny

Denny Active Member

It could be longer than you think. I got a feeling he won't be ready for a while. Don't be surprised if hey put him on the pup and run with Geno, Quinn and Simms. I'm reaching but why 4 QB's?

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Not a reach in the slighest. Still wouldn't surprise me if Idzik cut him and went with Geno-Simms-Quinn

12. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I don't know about that NYJR24. He's really banged up & a Sanchez w. a bad shoulder has gotta be worse than 1 with an uninjured shoulder. BTW, thanks 4 the awesome quote!

13. Denny

Denny Active Member

You think Quinn would be the third huh? Quite possibly but I think his experience in the WCO would put him at two. I think Simms gets a raw deal all the way.

14. mwojet

mwojet New Member

Second. Take care of the ball, kill a little clock, let the D do the D thing!

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I heard on the radio the Jets are mulling cutting Sanchez by Saturday and they would just eat the 8 million.

Interested to see what happens.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

to me it's not easy to understand the Sanchez loyalists after the last two years. In the org it's hard to piece things together because you keep getting mixed messages. One week Marty says one thing and the next week another. Saying Mark is having a great camp, that Geno isn't and then now reportedly saying he'd choose Geno over Mark. All we saw from Mark in pre-season was same old same old. Some success and talent but poor decision making esp for a fifth year starter. Last season you had the turnovers plus the inability to move the ball and score points. I'd find it hard to understand the rationale in cutting Mark strictly because of the 8 million they owe him. As long as they're paying him keep him on the roster at least as the number 2. In case Geno regresses or gets injured. I hate to say it but I'd take Sanchez over Brady Quinn who is even worse than Mark. I always felt that if you put Mark into a ground and pound offense and just don't let him throw in certain situations (like in the red zone) you could get by with him. But how many coaches have told Mark what not to do and he still does it. I'd start Geno with Mark as no. 2 and Simms as no. 3. And give Simms a chance to play over Brady Quinn.