Next Year's Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Quack

Quack New Member

Speaking of the Colts game . . . If Miller didn't mess up the return and had a normal one, the Benny Hill Football play would have scored us a touchdown. Just something to think about.

We went 10-6 off of a really bad call (Browns), a badly returned kick (Colts) and lost in the playoffs against the Pats off of the same play being called twice (Statue of Liberty, first draw then the screen. It's the same play and you can cover both options easily especially when you just saw the play five seconds earlier). Hell I'd bet that we would have gotten at least a field goal had a 2'x2' patch of grass not flown into the sideline, leaving Miller on his ass long enough for Rexie to throw a wide open pass for a touchdown (Bears), making that game a contest too.

People keep saying that last season we had an easy schedule, didn't beat winning teams and that we are that much worse for it. We were competing every game at a very high level and too many games were decided by one play (see above).

Counting the games that we faced off with our division rivals, each of them had fourteen of their sixteen games in common with us. The Patriots went 12-4 and reached Conference Round in Postseason, the Bills went 7-9 and the Fins went 6-10. Hell, the Bills have lost a few of their better players this offseason so with a harder schedule they can't help but fall to 3-13 and unless the Fins turn themselves around bigtime they'll fall just as hard and probably have the same record. Of course we'll split with each team giving them one of their few wins because not only can the Jets not win games against good opponents but we can't even win in our own division!

Well, at least some people see how rediculous this fallacy of a vision of the future that most of the NFL has constructed for the Jets is.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Relax, I bolded what you said because I agree. I can not understand why many many others are having the opposite reaction. What you said was not weird at all, I would think the opposite to be the case.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Great post. You said what I meant a lot better, I like that you can feel the excitement in it.

LOL, you have to be blind not to see that this team was coached on an order of magnitude better. I was never a Herm supporter, he seems to be a good person, I just do not think he is a good coach. In fact I hated that this team was handicapped going into games against good coaches. Not anymore.

4. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Schedules come out april 3 according to nfl channel.

5. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

i wouldnt be too worried about anyone from the NFC east except for Romo. McNabbs coming off another injury and manning and cambell, well they suck

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

True but historically the Jets have been horrible against the NFC East 7-26 since 1970. Let's hope that changes......