New York Jets media silence

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Jan 2, 2013.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks for saving me the time. Some of you are like whinning old ladies. Have your own opinion, stop believing everything the morons on sports radio say. The media acts like they represent us, they just smell blood. What exactly do you expect Woody and Rex to reveal. NOTHING. And what OC is gonna come here with our talent level. No rush, we are getting the bottom of the barrell. Now act like a Jet fan and deal with it, its what we are.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the fan dumb fuckery has certainly gotten worse, that is for sure.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The no press conference thing is great.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I love watching the media's collective head explode when someone doesn't kow tow to them
    It's always funny to see them circle the waggons

6. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Is there any way we could start a fire Cimini petition?

7. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

Hopefully, a long lasting new franchise PR outlook will do that.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You want to know how to get Cimini fired? Stop following him on twitter and reading/talking/acknowledging him or any of his articles.

Every time he gets you pissed off he wins.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What is so ironic in all of this is the media crying like little babies about the JETS being unprofessional.

Really?
    and the absolute mockery of reporting and over embellishing stories and Tebow talk, calling out Rex.
    Kicking Sanchez around, all of it is so professional.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm loving the fact that they are upset that the Jets aren't speaking. However it's odd that they would choose not to speak at a time when they SHOULD be speaking.

11. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

Those kind of journalists are known as vilified scum.

Maybe they entered their career in a honest mannor, only to be slowly turned into nothing more than gossip collumists

We all in one way watch/listen to different versions of E entertainment. And The Jets are footballs version of Britney Spears. (there's better singers, there's better looking, but we always crave car crash TV)

12. It had gotten to a point where Rex was literally talking in 100% generics & wouldn't commit to anything during his press conferences yet STILL daily articles conveying controversy & drama were stirred up.

Put the public perspective aside,you worry about serious internal strife. Jets needed to pull the plug. It's not as if the silence speaks to any thing else but disappointment.

The media just won't let it rest.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think they are being silent just to make sure things are straight before they make statements. However I do feel like Woody or someone else should at least come out and explain why they decided to fire Tanny, and take questions.

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I really don't want to hear explanations from the Jets until they are ready to give them. All I want from the Jets is victories. They can never speak to the media again for all I care as long as they field a dominant team. I can content myself reading their official stuff on their website and surfing this forum.

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don't want to hear from them

16. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Most likely they're working on their "upbeat" talking points, rehearsing their lies, and getting their stories straight. Believe me they're going to deflect any hard questions and only talk about the bright future they for see.

I could care less what they have to say. I'm not buying what ever they're planning on selling.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think it's Tebow overload to tell you the truth.

The media was interested in specific stories on the Jets this year and when the #1 story they all wanted to bloviate on fizzled they attacked like a swarm of piranhas.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Apparently according to Gang Green Nation on football, the Professional Football writers of America lodged a complaint...

Sheesh, even when we're silent, the media insists on acting like a circus. Honestly, I'd sooner have Rex do a Skype press conference in which he says 'we suck. This is unacceptable. We'll do better next year. Go Jets.'

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I hate Mehta more than Cimini. Sue me.

Ever since Manish Mehta started coverin the Jets we've been dealing with anon sources and internal problems. He's stirring the pot.

20. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. You might not agree with Cimini, but he's an honest beat reporter (albeit a slightly negative one). Manish just makes shit up and contorts people's words to create controversy and get page views.