New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

fwiw.. I told someone loosely associated with mgt I thought the logo was lame, a 3 year old could have done better. When they change their stupid logo I'll change mine..

rohirrim665 likes this.
  2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

It's not the uni's so much as the logo. The logo is just awful. They spent 4-5 years and that's what they came up with? A moron could take the football logo from recent helmets and modernize the 80's helmet and come up with this garbage in less than 5 min. There are so many nice logos with planes on them they could have used as a base. Hell I'd rather they just put the old Jets jumbotron winking football than this trash logo.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Reminds me of a Concorde..... but hey "Let's go with a nerf ball"

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Ughhh. That is infinitely better. Hard to believe that they botched it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I fucking love the helmets and the new logo. For the green and white the socks need to be green and the white and green the socks should be white. The black uniforms which I normally hate are great but must be worn with green socks. Other then that I love what the Jets did and I am ready for a new look and a winning team. As Dylan says “ The times are a changing “. Some people can’t handle change. This site is number 1 for that. Ha ha if you don’t like them wear your OLD stuff and bitch and moan like cranky old men do. I ordered 3 things last night and I can’t wait. Way to go Chris and the Jets. Next up the schedule and draft and then NFL goes to bed. Let’s go Islanders !!!

JetWeisgal, Brook! and FJF like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, who, other than you, is angry? I read it all and the only anger I noticed was one guy with his LOLs and sneering, scoffing posts who disagreed with anyone who actually knew about the NFL's "one helmet rule." Please don't mistake a difference of opinion with anger and don't let it kill whatever vibe you're looking for. We all come from different places, different backgrounds and generations; we're not all going to agree about anything. Except a Super Bowl win.

#4166 Ralebird, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    abyzmul likes this.
  7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

This thread did not disappoint. It's like "Queer eye for the NYJ".

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

9. Descriptions like "Embarrassing" & "Juvenile" are just sort of extreme & off base in my opinion. To your point I shouldn't let it kill my vibe...there was literally no way everyone would be pleased especially since so many were so adamant against no change at all.

I don't like the logo either FWIW.. I wanted to get a new hat for my son & I...but don't even feel like it's worth it at this point. But the Uni's I absolutely love. And given that the logo isn't all that much different than the one it replaced It' not really even close to a deal breaker for me.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Sam and Robbie are on the "Get Up" right now

Brook! likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The results have been pretty positive which is surprising since New Yorkers are a miserable bunch and Jets fans in particular are especially miserable.

Good job Jets

FJF, JetWeisgal and TonyFtLaud like this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Please let us know what they are saying for us at work. :)

Ray Lucas likes this.
  13. Ray Lucas

-They gifted Greenie a "black stealth" Namath jersey

-Sam and Robbie spoke about looking good, feeling good, and playing good.

-Discussed how Bell and Crowder will open up the offense for everyone.

-Sam understanding this year is different due to expectations which he totally understands

-Improvement starts in the off-season then OTA's

-Getting to know Gase's new offense in and out is priority #1

It feels good having a franchise QB, dude is not a meathead with an absurd ego (Robbie alluded to it as well) it's just nice knowing he represents us extremely well when he's in front of the media and on the field.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks man. Looks like Sam's head is in the right place. Couldn't be more happier. I now am angry with myself for wanting Mayfield and Rosen before him. Oh well, I don't know football. This is just one more confirmation. Lol.

joe, twown, GQMartin and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would like to see the black jerseys on the white pants.

16. Ray Lucas

Sam and Avery Williamson will be on First Take as well!

Brook! likes this.
  17. StealthDefense

StealthDefense Active Member

I didn't know how I would feel about this change, and to be honest, figured they could never be as bad as the Denver jerseys with those crazy orange swooshes. So granted, I set the bar really low.

I like the new jerseys. For a long time we have had a very simple and classic style. The "wing" element on the jersey, is very clean. Nothing overstated. The name in the front is just good branding IMO and I am a huge fan of the stealth look. (Didn't think I would be)

The logo however I think was kept because of all of the old jets fans who would go crazy if the changes were too drastic. and so it reminds us of the old team. My problem is this...we haven't won shit in years...lol I don't want reminders of the Gold Year of being a Jet fan. But, I understand.

Personally, i would have liked to see 5 small jets on one side of the helmet (Representing the 5 boroughs) With the vaper trails in white on a green helm. But that's just me. Overall this could have been way worse. Remember the Cowboys with those giant stars on the shoulders. Or the first Ravens crest logo?

sec314 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The positive. The Jets will look like a football team when they take the field and there is both an updated look and a tie to our history. The negative, this was done so the Jets and the NFL could produce more crap for their fans to buy and outdate what they had in their closet.

When I'm ripping my eyes out of my head when the officials can't figure out what a catch or fumble is wearing my new Sam Darnold shirt, $99.99 on nflshop.com I know no matter what happens Woody Johnson, Bob Kraft and Rodger are laughing all the way to the bank.

Carry on...

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

My main problem is we already had one of the most boring logos in sports and somehow they managed to make it more boring.
    I also find it weird the logo is facing different ways on the helmet (if the helmet is in front of you the J is closest to you on the right and the S on the left)

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just hope they're not stupid enough to wear the black jerseys outdoors on a hot game day. Like say....Miami or Jax.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.