New Stadium? New Unis? Better Luck?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Champ, we have to start somewhere man. It has to start now. We have to take this opportunity to break with the past and chart our own future.

This change wouldn't be for us oldtimers, but for the younger fans that really don't identify with the 1969 team because they weren't born yet or still on babybottles. To them, Joe Namath and the Jets playing at Shea is some story their parents tell them about. Not something they'll ever get to experience.

What they will experience, God willing, is one day this "New" New York Jets team will have their very own legacy and winning tradition. They'll see the Jets play in Jersey as co-owners of a state of the art facility. They'll be able to tell their children of the bad old days.

This team needs a fresh start Champ. A complete break from the losing tradition of Leon's Jets of yesteryear. That starts with a new, fresh appearance. Hopefully it won't be akin to putting lipstick on a pig..

#121 Cman68, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. Dunlaing

Dunlaing New Member

I'd be ok with a change. It is a little weird to still be wearing the Hess colors now that the owner isn't associated with Hess anymore.

If they don't change though, I'd like to see them get rid of the green pants. I prefer both the green jerseys and the white jerseys with white pants.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I understand the sentiment of this thread, but I disagree with the comparisons. The Bucs with Dungy were in the process of turning things around, the Broncos and Rams had just won a Super Bowl and wanted to cash in on merch, and I don't think the 'new look' did much for the Falcons at all besides make Michael Vick look snazzy while he threw horrible passes.

Changing the unis for the Jets while they continue to make mistakes will just make me think of the countless uniform changes they made over the years that are just landmarks for failure.

4. Cman68

Byz, we really have to start this break with "tradition" at some point.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

gotta keep the Green and White. Maybe mixing up the uniform, or the helmets would be a good idea. but I personally think the color scheme has to stay the same. Gotta keep something the same. Changing the colors, might as well move the team, and then re-name it. Keeping the colors, or maybe slightly changing the shade of green might work, but I think it would be best to keep it as is.

Hell I love our uniforms, I'm not even in favor of any type of a change.

6. Cman68

^ Exactly what I've been saying all along. Keep the colors as a nod to the Jets of yesteryear but change out the design.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree. But I see that 'tradition' as bad management and not uniform designs.

8. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Screw what i said before keep the unis just incorporate the black unis we currently have but never wear.

9. Cman68

Black unis?????

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Like I said I have no problem whatsoever if they change both the unis & the colors. All I am saying is sorry to say as Clinton once said "it is the economy stupid" in our case "it is the owner stupid". While a change would supposedly give us a new beginning it will in no way to change the fact that we we must truly upgrade our players if we are ever going to be elite team in the NFL

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Oh yeah, the new uni will help us get better on the field. It will help Brett make better throws and will help out the pass rush/pass defense. TJ will gain more speed and Leon will become an absolute beast!!!

Pathetic!!!!!!!

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Exactly what I mean.....check above ^^^

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Getting rid of the last remaining link to being a NYC team isn't a good marketing move IMO...... almost as bad as sharing a stadium with an older, more successful team in NJ :wink:

14. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

+1,000,000

Steelers and Colts have also won SBs recently with classic looks. Ridiculous discussion IMO.

Keep the unis, and instead of those Titans atrocities wear mid-80s kelly green throwbacks once a year.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Maybe you can just go root for another team and pretend they are the Jets.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am afraid of change, the thing is if they were to redesign the unis in a similar old school situation i wouldnt necessarily be against it. however the new uniform designs they have been coming out with are just absolutely terrible. they dont even look like football uniforms most of them. i cannot stand these "fancy" uniforms, thats really what i should have said as tehy are not necessarily gay but they are sure "fancy". they just make me sick to look at them, personally i dont want to look at them and would like to watch the jets play in something that i enjoy looking at. now i would actually like it if they went to all 1 color pants and socks i like that look. i would really have to see a design before i would go ahead and say ok now this is a uniform that i am impressed with.

the grass isnt always greener on teh other side, asking for change just for the sake of change is a dangerous situation you very well may end up, shit you probably will end up, looking back and saying wow that was stupid i really should have thought that through a little better.

this teams history is what it is. and the bottom line is that if you went ahead and threw away all that history guess how many jets fans you would have, not too many. get rid of all the fans from before 1990 and that stadium surely wouldnt be full every sunday. to disregard this teams history is just not acceptable. whether you like it or not doesnt make a difference, its our history and woody instead of just changing the color or team name should look at the mistakes that have been made by prior ownership and learn from and not make those same mistakes.

someone should post up some changes to the unis, i know we did this a number of years ago and i actually liked some of them but i will never support a change for changes sake without knowing what it will be changing to. change without planning is the worst thing you can do. however these are the new york jets, that is the team that i root for, changing their name is just not acceptable. what are we going to call them the new jersey, shit what exactly does new jersey have, the swamps, the piss poorly run cities, the yuppies, the shores, the turnpikes. i dont know. but i sure dont want to root for a team that associates itself with the state of new jersey :) just kidding jersey people im sure there is something in that god awful state to be proud of.

like i said its not that i am completely against change for this franchise, i would be if we were talking notre dame, but thats different. i am however against change just for the fact of change. if someone can show me some photoshops of decent unis then i could make a decision on them.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Ima pick the Eagles.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Here's my vote for uni change. It has everything, including a giant ass reflector.

WHAAAT??!!? OKAAAYYYY!

[​IMG]

#138 JohnnyJohnson, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm going to gather up some supplies to make a new uniform for the team.

Anyone got a bedazzler I can borrow? I already have the Snuggie and a ShamWow.

Once I'm done we can change the team name to the NY Homeless.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If U R going to redesign a new uni may I suggest you get the advice of a shrink to find out what patterns would totally confuse the other side. Maybe that will be the avenue that we can use to drive down winning SB Blvd as for sure we seem not to be able to accomplish that task in the normal manner